The 'daft footballers who can't talk properly' thread

brummie

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2820419,00.html

Chris Coleman's agent Alan Smith has revealed the Real Sociedad manager has met with Bolton officials.

The Bolton News reported on Tuesday that the former Fulham boss is tempted by the vacant managerial post at The Reebok Stadium.

It is understood Sociedad could be willing to release Coleman from his three-year contract for around 1million euros (£700,000).

Smith has confirmed Coleman spoke to The Trotters in Spain last week, but says there has been no progress since then.

"A Bolton representative had a meeting in San Sebastien last week with Chris Coleman but as of today we've heard no more from Bolton Wanderers," he told Sky Sports News.

Total sidewards step that.  He won't take them anywhere.

He's probably as good as they're going to get though, given their current situation. Allardyce is a hard act to follow after what he did there, and despite Little Sam's short tenure there anyone coming in will have to deal with reasonably high expectations at a pretty small club with very limited finances. The job isn't very appealing at all, they peaked under Allardyce and seem to be going nowhere fast.

I don't think they'll get much better than Coleman, and could probably do a lot worse.

Coleman should stay where he is. He will come back better for a few years learning abroad. Clearly a decent manager.

I agree, what's the point of making such a bold decision to experience another footballing culture just to leave after a couple of months? if he sticks it out over there for a few years he won't regret it, similar experiences helped mold SBR into the world-class manager he was (tho he'd already proved his ability beforehand). whereas if he leaves he won't have learned much, bit like Souness who went to manage some foreign clubs for very short periods, his best achievement being a spot of horticultural handiwork in the middle of the Fenerbahce pitch.

Coleman should stay where he is. He will come back better for a few years learning abroad. Clearly a decent manager.

I agree, what's the point of making such a bold decision to experience another footballing culture just to leave after a couple of months? if he sticks it out over there for a few years he won't regret it, similar experiences helped mold SBR into the world-class manager he was (tho he'd already proved his ability beforehand). whereas if he leaves he won't have learned much, bit like Souness who went to manage some foreign clubs for very short periods, his best achievement being a spot of horticultural handiwork in the middle of the Fenerbahce pitch.

Coleman and Souness werent that different as players actually, Coleman liked to get stuck in too but Souness was by far the better player. Coleman was unlucky at Blackburn and took a chance on Fulham with Keegan which you cant blame him for. Always liked him as a player and would like to see him managing back in the prem in the next few years. Bolton is the wrong move though.

Totally agree, experience abroad should be a right of passage nowadays. 

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2820419,00.html

Chris Coleman's agent Alan Smith has revealed the Real Sociedad manager has met with Bolton officials.

The Bolton News reported on Tuesday that the former Fulham boss is tempted by the vacant managerial post at The Reebok Stadium.

It is understood Sociedad could be willing to release Coleman from his three-year contract for around 1million euros (£700,000).

Smith has confirmed Coleman spoke to The Trotters in Spain last week, but says there has been no progress since then.

"A Bolton representative had a meeting in San Sebastien last week with Chris Coleman but as of today we've heard no more from Bolton Wanderers," he told Sky Sports News.

Total sidewards step that.  He won't take them anywhere.

He'll take them above Fulham for sure.

Rate Coleman highly, he will do far better than Sammy Lee.

Same. I agree with others though that staying put would most likely be miles better for him as a manager though. Particularly if he can get them promoted.

Rate Coleman highly, he will do far better than Sammy Lee.

Same. I agree with others though that staying put would most likely be miles better for him as a manager though. Particularly if he can get them promoted.

He'll not get much of a sun tan in Bolton either :laugh:

Is megson really that bad? he got West Brom promoted into the premiership twice even tho they were strugging at the bottom of division one when he took over. felt he didn't really get a fair run the 2nd time they got promoted.

Is megson really that bad? he got West Brom promoted into the premiership twice even tho they were strugging at the bottom of division one when he took over. felt he didn't really get a fair run the 2nd time they got promoted.

He spent loads at Forest and got them relegated to the 3rd division and left them near the relegation zone.

Not that bad. but really not that good either. its just a very uninspiring appointment. its bad in the sense they are getting into a relegation scrap and the need a battler to instill some fight and discipline but can he take them much further than that? in a years time will they be better off when the honeymoon period has worn off and the better players gone with it? there are better choices out there, but maybe they just arent interested.

What the hell are bolton playing at? :lol:

Surely this isnt the time to take such an immeasurable risk...

Madness says i, madness

Probably not a lot of options. If I was them though I would have at least enquired about Venables, ok not going to get the pulse racing but I reckon he would do a better job than a few they have been linked with.

What the hell are bolton playing at? :lol:

Surely this isnt the time to take such an immeasurable risk...

Madness says i, madness

Probably not a lot of options. If I was them though I would have at least enquired about Venables, ok not going to get the pulse racing but I reckon he would do a better job than a few they have been linked with.

Bolton aren't a bad team, they can do much better..

Surely megson isn't the only person they can get, unless gartside just wants to employ an old friend.

Madness