The 'daft footballers who can't talk properly' thread

brummie

Phil Gartside would be well advised to keep his trap shut.  I hope he's feeling embarrassed sacking Sammy Lee after some of the things he said about him being the dog's bollocks in the summer.

Stolen my thunder. Allardyce must be pissing himself.

If i was Gartside i would be doing everyting i could to get Adrian Boothroyd from Watford.

I don't know how good Pearson is at his job but Big Sam has an opportunity with Little Sam.

Phil Gartside would be well advised to keep his trap shut.  I hope he's feeling embarrassed sacking Sammy Lee after some of the things he said about him being the dog's bollocks in the summer.

Stolen my thunder. Allardyce must be pissing himself.

:thup:

how can you only allow a new manager so little time - jesus christ gartside is a joke.

poor bolton - after having the same manager for so long they may very well go through several changes over the next couple of seasons...

Guest Bramble OG

how can you only allow a new manager so little time - jesus christ gartside is a joke.

poor bolton - after having the same manager for so long they may very well go through several changes over the next couple of seasons...

simmerler to Charlton last season, had a the same manager for years then expect the new bloke to just carry it on without a few problems...

His appointment had 'disaster' written all over it imo.

The silver lining for Bolton is that it's been done early enough for the new bloke to come in and have a decent shot at keeping them up. The situation is a bit like Charlton last season with Curbishley/Dowie/Reed/Pardew all coming and going within about 9 months.

how many people said at this time last year that Bolton had :

1. A better chairman than we had, as we had the only one who always got appointments wrong, the timing wrong, and ...

2. A better "plan" than us

Whereas......both those points were an absolute load of bollocks.

Whats more, there are plenty of other clubs too. Spurs are also doing very well these days, its all down to "planning", and "timing"  ;D

1. A better chairman than we had, as we had the only one who always got appointments wrong, the timing wrong, and ...

Whats more, there are plenty of other clubs too. Spurs are also doing very well these days, its all down to "planning", and "timing"  ;D

Don't tempt fate, you said similar about Spurs last season and look where they ended up ;)

As for Lee, he may well be a good addition here. A lot of very good coaches don't necessarily make good manager so his failure to do well at Bolton wouldn't worry me if Allardyce wanted to employ him here.

As a member of coaching staff, I don't see why not. He quite clearly just can't cut it as a manager.

not the first and won't be the last mate, this one was written all over the wall right from day 1

Don't tempt fate, you said similar about Spurs last season and look where they ended up ;)

As for Lee, he may well be a good addition here. A lot of very good coaches don't necessarily make good manager so his failure to do well at Bolton wouldn't worry me if Allardyce wanted to employ him here.

......... didn't say ANYWHERE that he may not be a "good coach".

I'm not tempting fate at all. It just underlines what I've said all along. This idea of planning being the be-all and end-all is a complete load of utter bollocks. It's all about getting a manager who knows what he is doing, and there is never a bad time to appoint one of those managers, nor get rid of someone who is a load of cack.

And our last board did a damn sight better than some people are able to see, or admit, and I know that you do not fall into THAT category