James Milner - Good enough for Newcastle or not?

thomas
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Milner is by far good enough for Newcastle

yes he doesnt produce 10/10 good crosses per game but he does produce at least 1 perfect cross per game which creates goals, he trys 100% and will play on any flank which is also good

Hes young and stays fit most of the time...very good talented winger imo who is one of our key players

Owen might be small but he's still better in the air than most.

Yep, his movement and anticipation get him on the end of enough balls as well to make him a threat from crosses. He'll never climb above a defender for a cross, but he'll get there before them so he won't need to.

Owen might be small but he's still better in the air than most.

Yep, his movement and anticipation get him on the end of enough balls as well to make him a threat from crosses. He'll never climb above a defender for a cross, but he'll get there before them so he won't need to.

The cross has to be perfect though. What I was saying in my other post was Milner could put 10 decent balls in, 8 of which probably wouldn't find Owen's run, which makes him out to be a poor crosser. If it was Shearer in the box though, a different story entirely. A lot more would be converted and Milner would seem to be better.

Guest POWNATS

Villa didn't say no, you clown. He was sat waiting to sign until Boro told us to f*** off for Viduka.

I like how we "don't look anywhere near" beating any of the top 5. Must have imagined the double over Spurs, the win over Liverpool and the various other points taken off the top 5 last season - with a s*** team.

Villa rejected milner when newcastle tried to squeeze barry into the deal CLOWN

Villa didn't say no, you clown. He was sat waiting to sign until Boro told us to f*** off for Viduka.

I like how we "don't look anywhere near" beating any of the top 5. Must have imagined the double over Spurs, the win over Liverpool and the various other points taken off the top 5 last season - with a s*** team.

:lol:  Ok.

Eh?

Hither the most uninformed post I've ever seen on the internet.

Incidentally, I know others have said effectively the same thing, but is this thread not a case of asking whether one of your most exciting, creative players is good enough for your club?

Jesus. Words fail me.

He doesn't run fast enough.

Incidentally, I know others have said effectively the same thing, but is this thread not a case of asking whether one of your most exciting, creative players is good enough for your club?

Jesus. Words fail me.

You hit the nail right on the head there brummie. We shouldn't even need to ask if Milner is good enough for the club.

At times, especially last season when we were unbelievably poor under Roeder, Milner was the only thing that kept us going, going forward. He is a bright spark on that wing and he can create something out of nothing.

I actually don't think his pace holds him back that much. He's talented enough to do something on that wing without having to outrun the fullback, he can easily skim half of the fullbacks in the country anyway.

we are currently a top 9-type club. is milner good enough for that? yes.

if we were a top 6 club, would he be good enough? yes.

beyond that, imho, he COULD be good enough, given the right coaching. he certainly has shown that unlike skanky kieron, some players CAN improve and move towards their potential, so he's worth a chance.

When you look at the question "Milner good enough for Newcastle" the sorry answer is yes

ive said this before ...Milner is an averasge player.....not a loser but hes definately not a winner either

Newcastle need winners...Milner isn't

Bartons a winner

Martins a winner

Givens a winner

There are one or two more approaching this status but Milner, dont make me laugh

In fact when you look at it coldly Newcastle are still pretty much bereft of high quality

Milner was touted around for sale at the start of last season....NO INTEREST

Grt the rose tinted off for christs sake, theres a difference between being positive and being blind faithful.

FACT..NOBODY WANTED TO BUY MILNER AT 5 MILLION..  simple as that

good enough for Newcastle, very sorry to say yes

What an awful, awful post.

sorry but the truth can hurt

get a hug from your mum

The truth can hurt can it?

Ok, here's a truth for you. Someone, namely Aston Villa, did want to buy James Milner for £5,000,000. Pick up a couple of paracetamol for the pain on the way out.

not just villa, when you ask a price for your player your asking anybody.

he was on the open market at 5 million ...no takers.. villa said no

theres no room for sentimentalist b****x at this standard of football

until  NUFC & the faithful stop accepting average players we wont truly challenge for top honours.

Sneaking the league or FA cup wont mean nothing until we can stand on a field with any of the top 5 and have a reasonable chance of beating them.

Right now we dont look anywhere near

IMO we are true underdogs n that aint good enough.

i dont accept "winnun sum silva ware" as recompense for years of piss poor managment

Newcastle deserve/should have a fearsome side capable of beating any team on just a good day

i,m as passionate about NUFC as anybody on here im just fed up with the mediocrity thats dished up and accepted

Hi mate. Not sure how long youve been abroad in the middle of nowhere for, but since you were away, we've been taken over, have a new top class manager, totally revamped non-playing staff, a load of new players who look very good so far.  :thup:

When you look at the question "Milner good enough for Newcastle" the sorry answer is yes

ive said this before ...Milner is an averasge player.....not a loser but hes definately not a winner either

Newcastle need winners...Milner isn't

Bartons a winner

Martins a winner

Givens a winner

There are one or two more approaching this status but Milner, dont make me laugh

In fact when you look at it coldly Newcastle are still pretty much bereft of high quality

Milner was touted around for sale at the start of last season....NO INTEREST

Grt the rose tinted off for christs sake, theres a difference between being positive and being blind faithful.

FACT..NOBODY WANTED TO BUY MILNER AT 5 MILLION..  simple as that

good enough for Newcastle, very sorry to say yes

What an awful, awful post.

sorry but the truth can hurt

get a hug from your mum

The truth can hurt can it?

Ok, here's a truth for you. Someone, namely Aston Villa, did want to buy James Milner for £5,000,000. Pick up a couple of paracetamol for the pain on the way out.

not just villa, when you ask a price for your player your asking anybody.

he was on the open market at 5 million ...no takers.. villa said no

theres no room for sentimentalist b****x at this standard of football

until  NUFC & the faithful stop accepting average players we wont truly challenge for top honours.

Sneaking the league or FA cup wont mean nothing until we can stand on a field with any of the top 5 and have a reasonable chance of beating them.

Right now we dont look anywhere near

IMO we are true underdogs n that aint good enough.

i dont accept "winnun sum silva ware" as recompense for years of piss poor managment

Newcastle deserve/should have a fearsome side capable of beating any team on just a good day

i,m as passionate about NUFC as anybody on here im just fed up with the mediocrity thats dished up and accepted

Hi mate. Not sure how long youve been abroad in the middle of nowhere for, but since you were away, we've been taken over, have a new top class manager, totally revamped non-playing staff, a load of new players who look very good so far.  :thup:

top class manager? aye. right. decent manager, granted. top class? only what we hope.

beyond that, imho, he COULD be good enough, given the right coaching. he certainly has shown that unlike skanky kieron, some players CAN improve and move towards their potential, so he's worth a chance.

When NM has hope for a player I am satisfied by default. ;)

When NM has hope for a player I am satisfied by default. ;)

:lol: I just thought that! NM you are losing your touch!

ASTON VILLA IS NOT A WINNER

I have a feeling that you might have to start eating those words - Chelsea might take a different view after yesterday, and in case you start accusing me of 'knee-jerk', I said last year that O'Neill WOULD make his detractors eat their words ; it may have escaped your attention that O'Neill wanted to sign Milner DESPITE having 2 quick young players like Young & Agbonhalor.....

Guest Alan Shearer 9

ASTON VILLA IS NOT A WINNER

I have a feeling that you might have to start eating those words - Chelsea might take a different view after yesterday, and in case you start accusing me of 'knee-jerk', I said last year that O'Neill WOULD make his detractors eat their words ; it may have escaped your attention that O'Neill wanted to sign Milner DESPITE having 2 quick young players like Young & Agbonhalor.....

I was taking the piss