Derby 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 17/09/07 - Post match reaction from page 19

Dave

Not only is Smith useless, it's becoming clear that the blokes a liability and he'll be sent off soon.

How many yellow cards has he got so far this season?

Four in six games. Three in the league though, before you get any ideas. :lol:

One more yellow and he gets a ban then doesn't he?

Does the cup card count towards the five?

I would have thought so, if you get a ban then that includes all domestic cup games.

Only Europe is different.

Ah, apologies. He'll miss the Arsenal game then, as someone else said earlier.

He needs 5 yellows for a ban, Dave.

The Arsenal game isn't next.

Despite the fact that we had two clear penalties denied it is fact that Derby wanted it more and were first to the ball especially in the second half. They still were only able to win by a wonder strike from Miller.

Other negatives... Zoggy was wearing ice skates from the look of his performance - especially in the first half. Rozza missed a sitter (before he was raped in the box twice by "he with the dodgy bonnet"). Smith was terrible and we are missing a playmaker.

Barton and Emre would have been handy this game... no idea why Geremi was taken off instead of Smith.

Also Ameobi cannot be Viduka... nor will he ever be - that plan was not working so why not try something else? Owen/Martins?

That sucked... but we'll survive and I am not sure Derby will.

Pearson was clear MOTM today still on a high from beating the frogs.

The thing is, we can all argue for those penalty shouts but the fact of the matter is that they are never given by referees. In recent times, I've never seen a referee give a foul like that, although they are clear as day penalties.

That was some of the worst I've seen - especially the first one. The only thing missing was actually anal penetration on Rozza.

Despite the fact that we had two clear penalties denied it is fact that Derby wanted it more and were first to the ball especially in the second half. They still were only able to win by a wonder strike from Miller.

Other negatives... Zoggy was wearing ice skates from the look of his performance - especially in the first half. Rozza missed a sitter (before he was raped in the box twice by "he with the dodgy bonnet"). Smith was terrible and we are missing a playmaker.

Barton and Emre would have been handy this game... no idea why Geremi was taken off instead of Smith.

Also Ameobi cannot be Viduka... nor will he ever be - that plan was not working so why not try something else? Owen/Martins?

That sucked... but we'll survive and I am not sure Derby will.

Pearson was clear MOTM today still on a high from beating the frogs.

The thing is, we can all argue for those penalty shouts but the fact of the matter is that they are never given by referees. In recent times, I've never seen a referee give a foul like that, although they are clear as day penalties.

Portsmouth  were given one for much, much less tbh..

This is what we expected from Allardyce, it's not ever going to be pretty but it will be relatively successful, when it comes off nobody complains i.e. at Bolton and Wigan, but when it doesn't come off people go crazy.

People need to get used to the direct, physical approach, this is what are going to be playing like from now on.

Dreadful tonight. Think Caçapa was the only one to put in a 'half-decent' performance, he wasn't great, but every other member of the team was utter wank. You can include the manager in that little shortlist of wankness aswell. Allardyce has done wonders so far, no debate about it, but his line-up was a joke tonight. Smith and Ameobi both starting again - fucking ludicrous.

People were scared of being passed to by N'Zogbia - it was either too slow or he fucking smacked it at them, with the ball consequently ricocheting out of play. Ameobi doesn't have a very good first touch, honest. Butt was just atrocious, in every respect. Smith just wasn't in it; you can't fit him in, Sam - drop him. Rozehnal wants to be a centre-mid and Harper needs to learn how to position himself (welcome back Given, btw).

Apart from that i thought we were pretty decent.

Butt-5 Worst performer on the pitch. He could barely stay on his feet let alone retain the ball.

Owen-4 Invisible without creativity.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Owen gets an automatic one point deduction though... you know... for being... Owen.

... well if this defeat means Shola will never play again for us, then it will have been totally worth it! Sadly I have doubts of that happening. My Allar-faith has taken a bit hit tonight.

PS: I hate international breaks too!

SA unusually for him made a lot of basic errors tonight and it wasn't just in team selection it also looked as if the players weren't ready for a Derby side already aware they are fighting for PL survival. The general movement of the side and reaction times to the 2nd ball seemed slow and and one beat behind Derby who were actually magnificent with their v limited resources.

Beye, Faye and Martins should have started.

Beye is excellent at bringing the ball forward and has much more pace than Taylor, Beye also sees passes much more clearly.

I would have gone with one striker tonight Martins with Smith (he has to pack up this wide right stuff it isn't working) and Zoggy just behind him in central attaking mf postions with only Faye holding. TBH I'd discuss a pure 442 but we aren't going to play that away from home in all reality.

Owen clearly wasn't fit out there.

Geremi....................Faye...............................Milner

................Smith...........................Zoggy...........

..................................Martins................................

*Any old joker at left back wouldn't have made any differance as Derby were always going to play on the break and we were going to enjoy long bouts of pressure in and around their area.

5 games gone, Allardyce surely has to see now that Geremi-Butt-Smith on the pitch at the same time DOESN'T WORK - f****** get over it!

We missed some real edge and pace in midfield tonight, Smith cannot play there and Owen should never have been taken off. We threw that game away ourselves - easy 3 points down the drain.

From those 5 games we've amassed 8 pts, would you have taken that at the start of the season ?

If I hadn't looked at the opposition I would probably have said yes, considering 3 of the 5 were away from home and we've had so many changes over the summer.

However if you take into account who we've been playing we've been playing you've got to hope things improve a hell of a lot because we've got 3 very tricky games coming up.

its not as if we played any big teams though.. ffs we drew against a middlesbrough side that conceded 3 goals to west ham and lost against a sure-to-be-relegated team who lost 6!~! nil to liverpool.

beat bolton.. bottom of the league

beat wigan.. have titus bramble, and, lets face it, theyre bloody wigan

so no looking at our games 8 points in 5 games isnt good enough

Is it just me or do we ALWAYS lose these type of games?  I think we approached this game with a great deal of complaceny and tactical naivety. We are becoming desperate for Emre and Barton to get fit and perform in the midfield. I hope for Smith's sake he can play upfront because he is atrocious in midfield.

Also is anyone surprised to see Owen go off? Im not - does anyone know when England's next game is because about two weeks before that Owen will magically be fit and on form again.

Playing Ameobi is a complete waste of time, and to put Martins on the game is just going to be harmful to a player who clearly thrives on confidence and getting games and goals. All in all an absoulute shocker tonight - bad management, bad performances and rubbish football.

Allardyce:

Disappointed, international duty mentioned, new team, some players looked jaded, poor finishing let us down (Roz & Shola mentioned), spirited performance from Derby, we didn't cope with it. We had opportunities and just didn't take them. Beaten by wonder goal, sickener for us. (Nice to see him dismissing talk of top six, given the finish last year etc). Draw would have been a good result tonight. Thinks we should have had a pen on Roz, blatant. Our decision-making wasn't the best. Passing wasn't goon enough tonight.

Owen is possibly injured. Groin.

Pretty sad that after every match you wonder why the f*ck we exactly bought that pile of steaming sh*te called Alan Smith. He is woeful.

Sad but true. So far, an utter waste of money. A much worse player than Parker, tbh.

our entire midfield was useless... smith, butt, geremi ?? on the field at the same time? Ameobi?? even on the pitch?

thats the problem right there... the aforementioned players are all shite

we're gonna do a 'leeds'

NO WAY

In fairness though, people preaching about knee-jerking are right. It was one of them shite nights where, unfortunately, the opposition had to treat it like a cup final. In hindsight, a win was always unlikely, it's just unfortunate that we were too shit to even sneak a draw. Sam'll learn a lot from this aswell and hopefully the likes of Emre and Viduka could be back soon. We'll beat West Ham.

Desperate for Barton to be back more than anyone, though. Oh and Ramage.

good interview from Allardyce to be honest "Who told you about top 6? I never mentioned it?" totally right - too many people getting carried away with themselves.

That's a valid argument when you draw 0-0 at home to Villa... not when you lose (patheticaly) to a team who recently lost 6-0.

Not only is Smith useless, it's becoming clear that the blokes a liability and he'll be sent off soon.

How many yellow cards has he got so far this season?

Four in six games. Three in the league though, before you get any ideas. :lol:

One more yellow and he gets a ban then doesn't he?

Does the cup card count towards the five?

I would have thought so, if you get a ban then that includes all domestic cup games.

Only Europe is different.

Ah, apologies. He'll miss the Arsenal game then, as someone else said earlier.

He needs 5 yellows for a ban, Dave.

The Arsenal game isn't next.

But you have to wait 7 or 14 days after receiving your 5th yellow for your ban to kick in.

good interview from Allardyce to be honest "Who told you about top 6? I never mentioned it?" totally right - too many people getting carried away with themselves.

That's a valid argument when you draw 0-0 at home to Villa... not when you lose (patheticaly) to a team who recently lost 6-0.

Their recent scores are a red herring tbh.