Newcastle United 3 - 1 West Ham - 23/09/07 - Post match reaction from page 14

Dave

Very impressed overall

Harper - 8 Good saves got down quickly and good distribution

Beye 8 Very very Good Debut. Got forward well at times and looked solid defending too. Could be a very important player.

Cacapa 7 good on the deck but questionable in the air

Roze 7 Same as above

Zoggy 9 Defended okish but going forward incredible won us the game, use on the LW from now on please.

Smith 7 good defensively but offered little going forward until used as one.

Butt 7 good game

Geremi 7 Very involved i thought

Milner  7 Good

Owen 6.5 some good link up play

Viduka 8 Not my favourite player but best game so far for us by miles, very good header for first and some decent link up play too.

Martins 7 - Set up Zoggy's goal and should have scored one he made for himself, a real threat on the break very unlucky not to start imo

Enrique 6.5 looked good enough for the short time he was on.

Taylor 6.5 - Good

Do the stupid c***s who've been slagging off Viduka want to f*** off permanently or what? I know who you are.

I was thinking about 'toptoon' at the match, wondering how many more he thought Ameobi would have "scored/created" as he put it. :D

After being our most disapointing player for me so far this season up until yesterday. Viduka shone and had a very good game, very impressed with first header in particular, second was put on a plate for him via the Zog and it came off his shins, but in fairness good positioning and some decent link up play too. His best game for us by a million miles so far, hope he keeps this up. While in most games he's been marked out the game by stronger defenders and provided us with very little, he had more room to work in yesterday (due to their defence our fullbacks mainly) and was provided with crosses of the highest quality for both his goals via The Zog. Will hopefully do his confidence the world of good, much more of the same now please. I still have my doubts that he'll be effective at all in other games with class defenders but for now well done I now know he is capable for us!

Someone clever should make an animated GIF of Big Sam's celebrations after the third. Like a fucking gorilla.

Also. That commentary on MOTD2 was utterly shite. Dunno who he is, but being a Geordie doesn't make you qualified to commentate a football match.

Seeing the game on Match of the Day 2 having already seen the game live can be quite useful as it allows extended replays of the goals, and can give further appreciation of the build up to the goals, rather than the usual replay fare you get.

And having seen it, I think people need to revise their opinions of Geremi's performance.

For the first and third goals, our attacks started with Geremi expertly winning the ball and then quickly giving the ball to players further up the field. He also had a slightly lucky role in our second goal.

Much of what he does goes unnoticed, but his contribution is invaluable to the team, and we wouldn't have attacked so effectively if it had been another player there in his place.

Someone clever should make an animated GIF of Big Sam's celebrations after the third. Like a fucking gorilla.

Also. That commentary on MOTD2 was utterly shite. Dunno who he is, but being a Geordie doesn't make you qualified to commentate a football match.

I think it was John Murray - he is a Middlesbrough fan

I think it was John Murray - he is a Middlesbrough fan

I turned the sound off after about 10 seconds. Rubbish.

Someone clever should make an animated GIF of Big Sam's celebrations after the third. Like a f****** gorilla.

seconded, is the footage online anywhere?

Aye I remember Terry Mac giving him a shoulder barge, and big sam got a bit of a chubby over it!

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Someone clever should make an animated GIF of Big Sam's celebrations after the third. Like a f****** gorilla.

seconded, is the footage online anywhere?

Aye I remember Terry Mac giving him a shoulder barge, and big sam got a bit of a chubby over it!

Big Sam and co. creating a mosh pit in the dugout made me chuckle.

Guest optimistic nit

Do the stupid c***s who've been slagging off Viduka want to f*** off permanently or what? I know who you are.

I was thinking about 'toptoon' at the match, wondering how many more he thought Ameobi would have "scored/created" as he put it. :D

After being our most disapointing player for me so far this season up until yesterday. Viduka shone and had a very good game, very impressed with first header in particular, second was put on a plate for him via the Zog and it came off his shins, but in fairness good positioning and some decent link up play too. His best game for us by a million miles so far, hope he keeps this up. While in most games he's been marked out the game by stronger defenders and provided us with very little, he had more room to work in yesterday (due to their defence our fullbacks mainly) and was provided with crosses of the highest quality for both his goals via The Zog. Will hopefully do his confidence the world of good, much more of the same now please. I still have my doubts that he'll be effective at all in other games with class defenders but for now well done I now know he is capable for us!

and now you see how stupid your comments were. anybody who knows owt about football knows that his performance today, and his goals, were typical viduka. and he scored a goal very like his first goal last season for boro against man united.

i think Viduka looked poor in the earlier games because he wasn't fit enough, we were playing long ball football and he was up front on his own at times. now he's sharper, we passing it along the floor, and he's part of a front two, he looks the business.

I just have to say, the first two goals were both absolutely fantastic goals - and NOTHING like what would have been scored in our previous few seasons.

First goal: Sublime header. Nowt like that since Shearer.

Second goal: The sheer determination, strength and awareness of Geremi to bring the ball back, hold off the defender and lay it off to Rozehnal. The exceptional vision and technique of Rozehnal to play the ball to N'Zogbia; probably some luck involved, but i couldn't believe it when the ball landed perfectly at N'Zogbia's feet. Then the fantastic mazy run and ball from N'Zogbia into the box. Fantastic goal. Great to watch us like that.

Third goal was pretty good n'all. Nice to see us so effective on the counter-attack.

I just have to say, the first two goals were both absolutely fantastic goals - and NOTHING like what would have been scored in our previous few seasons.

Second goal: The sheer determination, strength and awareness of Geremi to bring the ball back, hold off the defender and lay it off to Rozehnal. The exceptional vision and technique of Rozehnal to play the ball to N'Zogbia; probably some luck involved, but i couldn't believe it when the ball landed perfectly at N'Zogbia's feet. Then the fantastic mazy run and ball from N'Zogbia into the box. Fantastic goal. Great to watch us like that.

Third goal was pretty good n'all. Nice to see us so effective on the counter-attack.

:lol:

I think you need to see the second goal again, It looked like a pass from Geremi but it didnt have enough power so Roz cleared the ball and Zoggy out paced Bowyer and then played a good ball to Viduka

Second goal: [b[The sheer determination, strength and awareness of Geremi to bring the ball back, hold off the defender and lay it off to Rozehnal.[/b] The exceptional vision and technique of Rozehnal to play the ball to N'Zogbia; probably some luck involved, but i couldn't believe it when the ball landed perfectly at N'Zogbia's feet. Then the fantastic mazy run and ball from N'Zogbia into the box. Fantastic goal. Great to watch us like that.

It was an absolutely dreadful ball from Geremi and a lucky punt forward from Roz :lol:

Just back from Barca and still buzzing after a great result and very good second half performance.Question marks remain over Capaca and Roz playing together in the centre of defence!Theres no doubting they are both quality but they are both suspect in the air.Taylor has to be picked alongside either one,would even consider playing Roz as a anchor man,hes quality when hes on the ball!

watched the game although missed the first goal. Shame as it sounded like a mint header.

Very pleased with the result, but I was bricking it for most of first half.  You could feel West Ham was going to get something and that Ashton was going to be the man to finish it.  Glad we battled back and it's great to see Viduka playing so well.  Having a fit Michael Owen is great, but I'm happier knowing that we have Viduka and Martins around to play when Owen is injured.

Beye was impressive, nice to have a full back that is strong and can bomb forward to offer support and more options.

5th place with 11 points from a possible 18 after 6 games.  Not bad for a side that has not hit top gear yet.