Today's games

Dinho lad

£17m buys a couple of good defenders or a Championship striker. You've shipped goals for fun last season and scored loads too. What do you spend the money on?

wouldnt exactly call Bent a championship striker.

Yeah we'll stick to over priced, over rated, average striker

The funny thing is that Villa aren't actually playing that well.

A major problem with a bad defence is it affects the confidence of the whole side. When that equaliser went in, the thought must have gone through the mind of every Spurs player - what's the point, if we can concede goals like that.

I can't believe how many people are surprised about this result. Tottenham are absolutely awful. I don't know why everyone thinks they are magically going to start flying back up the table?!

Kingdawson it's about time you woke up and sniffed the coffee! You just aren't that good mate. Talent up front but no where else for the most part (although Bale is a huge talent).

That £16 million on Bent should have bought you Ashley Young and Reo-Coker and you would have been well on your way.

I can't believe how many people are surprised about this result. Tottenham are absolutely awful. I don't know why everyone thinks they are magically going to start flying back up the table?!

Kingdawson it's about time you woke up and sniffed the coffee! You just aren't that good mate. Talent up front but no where else for the most part (although Bale is a huge talent).

That £16 million on Bent should have bought you Ashley Young and Reo-Coker and you would have been well on your way.

Ashley Young and a decent keeper would have been a better investment.

I'd still like a draw, however fun it is watching Spurs flounder.

Here we go, Defoe is absolutely bound to score.

Players we are linked with but don't sign ALWAYS score against us. ALWAYS. Like Milner last season.

I agree.

If we had more than one full back of any description at the club, I think we could have a decent season. We haven't, though.

That Maloney goal v Fulham has been the foundation to your start imo.

I agree.

If we had more than one full back of any description at the club, I think we could have a decent season. We haven't, though.

That Maloney goal v Fulham has been the foundation to your start imo.

We're genuinely not very good, we're the epitome of 8th or 9th place. The thing is, though, so are lots of teams at the moment.

Funny start to the season thus far.

Another point ...

Villa are an awesome team and I'm not sure why Brummie is so down on his team?!

Laursen is fantastic (I actually added him to my fantasy team on Friday!) and Zat Knight has been very good since he signed. Your midfield is very balanced and you have lots of pace upfront which means you are lethal on counter attacks.