Newcastle 3 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur - 22/10/07 - Post match reaction from page 17

James

I'd like to see Emre move up 10 yards and Zoggy release the ball a bit earlier. Otherwise we've basically dominated.

Dawson has been horrific as has Jenas.

Lennon and Berb to deal with yet so we need to keep our concentration.

What a great first half. It's really refreshing watching us play this way, although quite ironic our solitary goal comes from a long ball. It seems we've got the players to play this kind of game, though it's clear they don't know each other through and through so they are liable to lose the ball after 'bout 5 passes. Hope that doesn't get us in the second half.

All in all a great game, Owen and Martins are fighting up front, it really seems that they want to show that they can work together. Butt, Geremi and Zog is controlling the midfield. Defence looking solid. But best of all Jenas is looking like a kid coming in from the Conference his throughballs are just making me laugh mackems.gif

I never thought I'd see the day when we would be so tough at the back. We've had our moments back there but on the whole you can see the potential of this defence. They have confidence and don't play scared.

Emre has been disapointing which has meant that we have had to rely on passing it long more than we should, but at least when going long we have tried to play Martins in behind a few times. Martins movement has been great by the way.

Think Jose Enrique has been excellent, and he is something we have missed for ages. When J.E comes on a "overlap", Zoggy should play him instead of try to dribble past 2-3 men...

I also thought some of our players had more pace/accelration, but it seems like the tottenham players are faster than ours.

I'll be worried if Lennon comes on, I dont rate him that much but his pace will fuck Enrique up. He seems to want to much time on the ball and doesnt bust a gut to get back.

Anyone else notice that Enrique doesnt seem to be passing much to Zoggy?

I'd like to see Emre move up 10 yards and Zoggy release the ball a bit earlier. Otherwise we've basically dominated.

Dawson has been horrific as has Jenas.

Lennon and Berb to deal with yet so we need to keep our concentration.

Is every time I see him, must be the Gejon curse as apparently he is excellent whenever I dont see him ;)