Faye and Cacapa

James

:lol:

Enrique's passing was excellent tonight I thought ??? Oh well

Some great long balls, not so good with the short passing (in the first half at least), seems a very one footed player and the movement in front of him didn't help. Solid in defence though imo.

Carr Bramble Taylor Babayaro or..

Beye Cacapa Roz/Faye Enrique

This is the best overall defensive unit we've had in donkeys, should be counting our blessings and anyone who complains about it should be shot. :)

blueyes.gif

:lol:

Enrique's passing was excellent tonight I thought ??? Oh well

Some of it. A couple of hasty decisions when he could have kept things simple. But overall - he's the best leftback I've seen at Newcastle.

It's refreshing to see him try to do other things with the ball in the left back position rather than just pass it down the line to Milner or Zog. For instance a couple of times he opened his body up to go down the line then drilled one inside, a little bit of variety makes such a difference as the other team doesn't know what he will do so it will open up some more options as they will try to cover two or three people rather than just the one down the line.

I thought our entire back four played very well, there is obviously always room for improvement but to say anyone on the pitch in a Newcastle shirt was awful is laughable, no, pathetic!

Beye was probably the worst of the lot but still played well, made one mistake of note that he got straight back for.

I think it is laughable to single out any players in games we win(unless there is something very special that happend). Beye doesn't deserve to be singled out like that, because he had a good game. Is there any need then to point out that he was the worst of them?

I don't agree though. If I were to rate our defence today, I'd give Beye, Enrique and Faye 7, and Cacapa 8 for the goal.

Guest Wally_McFool

but enrique and beye simply awful.

Most ridiculous comment of the season so far on this forum.      :)

If only the same could be said about our backs. Cacapa and Faye have been fantastic,

You serious? I can understand anyone saying Beye wasn't right cracking tonight, but the two of them, simply awful?

Do you really vision them as our backs ? I might have exaggerated but I just can't see them playing at this level, IMO.

Enrique at least helped on the offensive end, but I can't say the same about Beye. Had a good tackle in the first, but other than that didn't do much, on both ends.

To each his own I guess.

If only the same could be said about our backs. Cacapa and Faye have been fantastic,

You serious? I can understand anyone saying Beye wasn't right cracking tonight, but the two of them, simply awful?

Do you really vision them as our backs ? I might have exaggerated but I just can't see them playing at this level, IMO.

I can, there are far worse regular full backs in this league. Both are still adapting but have shown plenty of ability.

:kasper:

Sorry, Paolo Maldini in his prime wasn't available, it's the best we could do.  :undecided:

Can't believe we played in the champions league with Hughes, O'Brien and Griffin :lol:

Don't forget Bramble and Dabizas. :lol:

You might as well stick Bernard & Caldwell in. That was only 5 years ago, where are they now?

Hughes = Couldn't get in the Villa side. Struggling to get in the Fulham side.

Griffin = Couldn't get in the Pompey side. Struggling to get in the Derby side.

O'Brien = Couldn't get in the Pompey side. Now playing for Bolton who are bottom.

Bramble = Playing for Wigan.

Dabizas = Winding his career down back home.

Bernard = No club.

Caldwell = Burnley captain.

Scary! :lol:

I think Taylor should stay because he can learn alot off Roz, Cacapa and Faye.  Its amazing that in 1 transfer window Sam has done so well. Its good to hear Sam still talking about improving the defence despite winning 3-1, Many managers would milk the win.

Can't believe we played in the champions league with Hughes, O'Brien and Griffin :lol:

You might as well stick Bernard & Caldwell in. That was only 5 years ago, where are they now?

O'Brien = Couldn't get in the Pompey side. Now playing for Bolton who are bottom.

Bernard = No club.

Have people forgot about Boumsong? He was fucking terrible

Bernard = No club.

We are talking about in the Champions League under Robson I think.

Bernard = No club.

Yeh but we're on about when we played Champions League.

I remember that home game against Juve - Griffin, Hughes, Bramble and O'Brien were absolutely outstanding!

Bernard = No club.

Funny that Gary Caldwell, doing ok in the CL for Celtic has turned out the best of the lot when he got no chance here.