Faye and Cacapa

James

Can't believe we played in the champions league with Hughes, O'Brien and Griffin :lol:

Don't forget Bramble and Dabizas. :lol:

You might as well stick Bernard & Caldwell in. That was only 5 years ago, where are they now?

Hughes = Couldn't get in the Villa side. Struggling to get in the Fulham side.

Griffin = Couldn't get in the Pompey side. Struggling to get in the Derby side.

O'Brien = Couldn't get in the Pompey side. Now playing for Bolton who are bottom.

Bramble = Playing for Wigan.

Dabizas = Winding his career down back home.

Bernard = No club.

Caldwell = Burnley captain.

Scary! :lol:

Have people forgot about Boumsong? He was f****** terrible

Yeh but we're on about when we played Champions League.

I remember that home game against Juve - Griffin, Hughes, Bramble and O'Brien were absolutely outstanding!

Very true. individual very shit players indeed but we got 4th & 3rd with them. Granted they always looked like getting rattled 6-2 but for the most part it worked.

Can't believe we played in the champions league with Hughes, O'Brien and Griffin :lol:

Don't forget Bramble and Dabizas. :lol:

You might as well stick Bernard & Caldwell in. That was only 5 years ago, where are they now?

Hughes = Couldn't get in the Villa side. Struggling to get in the Fulham side.

Griffin = Couldn't get in the Pompey side. Struggling to get in the Derby side.

O'Brien = Couldn't get in the Pompey side. Now playing for Bolton who are bottom.

Bramble = Playing for Wigan.

Dabizas = Winding his career down back home.

Bernard = No club.

Caldwell = Burnley captain.

Scary! :lol:

Have people forgot about Boumsong? He was fucking terrible

We are talking about in the Champions League under Robson I think.

Our midfield and attack was far superior then compared to now though tbh.

Absolutely brilliant.  Rozehnal's really unlucky because he's done nothing wrong and now there's no chance of him getting back in.

See post #19. ;)

Unless Ramage is back :razz:

I think Rozehnal will get his share of games, Cacapa doesnt seem to have the best injury record.

I believe he is currently managing a groin/hernia problem, which means we have to take precautions.

Guest newcastle4life

Quiet happy with the defenders Sam has brought in plenty of improvement can still be made but is better than past few years Faye and Cacapa seem to work quite well together but i likeRoz to good to have a few player options. Beye and Enrique are also a huge improvment in those positions to previous years.

Beye was good but should definitely be better. You can see he is still adjusting to the pace of the premiership. He joined us so late and got thrown into the deep end thanks to Carr.

I think he will definitely come good.

Cacapa is the footballing version of Sam Jackson in Pulp Fiction. I'd wager Claudio has a wallet embroided with Le Bad MotherFucker!

Rozenhnal will get plenty of time come December.

Was he brought on as a central midfielder? I think he played there occasionally as PSG. Anyway, I thought they said that over the audio stream.

Aye.

For the first time in my lifetime, we've actually got a back 4 I've got faith in. Beye and Enrique look like proper full backs and in Cacapa, Faye, Rozenhal and Taylor we've got a bit of strength in depth at centre half.

They look calm and assured for most of the game and seem to be talking to each other. Makes a welcome change and, thankfully, Ramage will never kick a ball for this club again. He'll find his level eventually but it won't be at this club.

i'll give beye the benefit so far but with his experience he should look more settled than enrique,give it a month for beye as enrique is settling nicely(next couple of aways should testy them both nicely)

as for the centre of defence i've liked all i've seen from rozenhal and would prefer him against the quicker/mobile attacks,like spuds tonight ?

it's nice that we now have the battle over places.

but enrique and beye simply awful.

Most ridiculous comment of the season so far on this forum.      :)

I agree, you're blind as hell Alex20 with that comment, you must've had one too many pints  :knuppel2:

I think Taylor should stay because he can learn alot off Roz, Cacapa and Faye.   Its amazing that in 1 transfer window Sam has done so well. Its good to hear Sam still talking about improving the defence despite winning 3-1, Many managers would milk the win.

Taylor can bugger off if his father/representatives are pushing for a contract that will put him on par with the three centrehalves who have deservedly overtaken him in the pecking order, and the following is partly a question as well.

For a 'learning role' within the current pecking order for the forseeable future, as you've implied, does Taylor's position within the squad warrant parity wage-wise, in Taylors interests that is? 

My answer is, especially if his father is seeking a package which superceeds those higher in the pecking ranks, is that he can sod off and we can cash-in and replace/further strenghten - or both - in January. 

potentially the end of taylors time here.

Not concerned with this tbh.

i am - i think taylor will be a great player, just needs time to develop.

that said, i was absolutely delighted by our central pairing yesterday - the best i've seen in years for us!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Great to have a centre half that scares the shit out of forwards (Faye) and another one who oozes confidence (Cacapa).

Long may this continue!

potentially the end of taylors time here.

Not concerned with this tbh.

i am - i think taylor will be a great player, just needs time to develop.

that said, i was absolutely delighted by our central pairing yesterday - the best i've seen in years for us!

He won't like. Lots of people seem to want him to be (understandably) but he simply doesn't have it. Time to develop into a great? He's nearly 22 man. We had the same shit with James Milner last season. Both are decent squad players. The sooner people lower their expectations the better - for both club and player. Then we might see him concentrating on his own game rather the Captain Fantastic routine with the inevitable arm to the left and associated fuck-up.

He has the chance to learn from Cacapa, Faye and Rohzenal and I hope he takes it. He needs to.