Most disappointing match you've ever attended?

NSG

Guest jimmy1982

PARTIZAN BELGRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! remember discussing with my pals on the day of the match how losing didn't bear thinking about.

Marseille was disappointing, but we half expected it with the injuries, and it was a cracking trip anyway. and we were only there because of the belgrade disaster of course.

wasn't at Blackburn 96 - was round my uncle's house with the rest of the familly since he was the only one with sky, and that was just heart breaking pure and simple.

Cup finals - for both of them just had a feeling we couldn't pul it off, which is unusual for me as i usually get skitted off everyone for beigtoo optimistic about NUFC.

74 final on tv - I was 10 and cried my eyes out.

Mackems play-off

But overall the 98 final - the only team ever to play for pens on the thursday night and not change that plan even when behind - thanks Kenny.

The Partizan game must rank as one of the worst in our modern history. Losing that game was pretty much the signaled the end of the promise under SBR.

This. Wouldn't talk to anyone at all for 24 hours afterwards.

The Partizan game must rank as one of the worst in our modern history. Losing that game was pretty much the signaled the end of the promise under SBR.

This. Wouldn't talk to anyone at all for 24 hours afterwards.

Yeh it was awful. My Dad and I walked back to the car and drove him in absolute silence, was just speechless.

Guest andynufc84

Exeter 4, NUFC 0. FA Cup tie, midweek, early 80's. Long trip, freezing cold, s*** performance.

Pretty hard to beat this.

Mine was probably the 4-1 defeat at Cardiff to Man U, it was inevitiably going to happen.

Still a cracking day, our fans were amazing

Exeter 4, NUFC 0. FA Cup tie, midweek, early 80's. Long trip, freezing cold, s*** performance.

Was arguably the worst performance ever - trip was saved by a great night out in Exeter (yes Exeter) after the match and giving Arthur Cox a bit of a verbal slagging from close up.

The macum play off result probably hurt most but for actual disappointment has to be the Man Utd 0-1 that was the night we blew the big one.

What a depressing bloody thread !

Last season was in Manchester for my bros stag,had a ticket if I wanted for man u match,but feck that!Was having great crack with the lads in Manchester but decided I should get the train down to newcastle and watch us play man city at home.Went by myself as well and we lost one nil!!

The Blackburn away game. To go one up and then blow it with the two goals was absolutely awful. I remember when Fenton scored the second looking in vian over to the linesman just to see if they'd been an infringement!

Home to Brum in the cup replay last season was a bit s***.

Aye that was a bit of a gutter. 2-0 down then  Milner scores that great goal, and you think we'll come back. Taylor gets sent off 30 seconds later...

Partizan takes the biscuit from recent years though

Derby 1-0 this season

man utd 4-1 at cardiff

brum 5-1 at st.james

fulham 4-1 at st.james

maybe a couple more away games but i expected us to lose, spurs rings a bell when owen broke his foot and we didnt have a shot all match

The paper aeroplane match - a match so devoid of anything that a) people started howking paper aeroplanes made out of Pepperami adverts on to the pitch to entertain themselves and b) I cannot for the life of me remember who we we even playing that day. 

The best part about the whole thing was some fella complaining to the nearest steward after his horrid little fat offspring was hit in the face - although he wasn't whingeing as much when the little twat was pitching them back up at the crowd beforehand.

The paper aeroplane match - a match so devoid of anything that a) people started howking paper aeroplanes made out of Pepperami adverts on to the pitch to entertain themselves and b) I cannot for the life of me remember who we we even playing that day. 

The best part about the whole thing was some fella complaining to the nearest steward after his horrid little fat offspring was hit in the face - although he wasn't whingeing as much when the little twat was pitching them back up at the crowd beforehand.

Crystal Palace I think.

Crystal Palace I think.

That sort of sounds right - most recent matches against these seem to have scraped the bottom of the barrel as well.

As well as the obvious ones like the 2-1, sitting in the pissing rain in the car afterwards going no-where with "Why does it always rain on me" on the radio, turning up for a semi final and apparently playing for a draw, there's a few to come to mind that were disappointing for me personally -

Derby away this season because I was really looking forward to seeing us win away for the first time in ages and it pissed all over my giddy optimism about a fresh start and brought us down with a bump about how much work there's still to do.

Frankfurt away, simply because it was a cracking holiday with 90 minutes of piss poor football in the middle and no goal to celebrate.  Saying that, it was a good experience and great atmosphere in the stadium (from the home fans at least)

Derby 1-0 this season

man utd 4-1 at cardiff

brum 5-1 at st.james

fulham 4-1 at st.james

maybe a couple more away games but i expected us to lose, spurs rings a bell when owen broke his foot and we didnt have a shot all match

Was more comedy Kev than anything else, i remember you laughing instrad of being depressed  ;D

Was a shocking game though

Derby 1-0 this season

man utd 4-1 at cardiff

brum 5-1 at st.james

fulham 4-1 at st.james

Was more comedy Kev than anything else, i remember you laughing instrad of being depressed  ;D

Was a shocking game though

you made me laugh  :razz: we were nearly the only ones in the gallowgate when the full-time whistle went  :lol:

I don't know where to begin...

Being relegated after playing for a draw against Liverpool...that was pretty bad. But I was quite young. I can only remember the running to the corner flag incident and crying in the North Stand at the end.  :weep:

Losing the last game at Maine Road 1-0 to Southampton. Anticlimatic as owt. I mean...Southampton won their last game at the Dell with a last minute winner from MLT...we were shite and lost to a set piece. Typical.  :rolleyes:

Getting beat by Bolton 1-0 to a stupid last minute penalty after hitting the woodwork multiple times. And they had the cheek to give it the "Easeh, Easeh!" afterwards. I've thought the lot of them were collosal fucking cunts ever since. Especially the instigator Speed.  :rant:

3-0 to Leicester. Paul Dickov scored a penalty and celebrated like he'd just scored the equaliser in the playoff final. That moment was as bad as the defeat (Which was bad). Thought he was a cunt ever since tbh.

There was also a game where we got beat 5-1 by Arsenal. It was 4-0 after about 20 minutes. But that wasn't that disappointing, it was pretty funny really and we had a right laugh in the stands. Only disappointing thing about that game looking back was that them cunts didn't go on to win the league.

I think the worst has to be losing 4-1 to Charlton. And the 1 was a last mintute "consolation" penalty. Absolute shite, some pathetic defending, and the most outrageous fluke ever seen by anyone ever. We got relegated at the end of the season, and we deserved it. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Newcastle games...I dunno. I've only seen us lose to Newcastle once and I can barely remember it. 1-0 Shearer. (Laurent Charvet played for you! :giggle:)

I've seen a few in here that I'd agree with, the mackems twice, 1-4 when Rowell grabbed three and Entwhistle got the other and the play-off defeat.

Also the Man U cup final, I thought we had a great chance when Roy Keane went off injured, I can't remember ever being as down as that, I couldn't get out of London quick enough.

Another bad one was Brighton at home in the FA Cup, I think that was the game that we should have won but the ref' had other ideas, it was either Michael Peck or Trelford Mills, these two must be the two worst ref's ever for us.