Mackems pre match thread

NSG

Harte must be one of the worst players in the PL, suprised Citeh didnt keep giving the ball to Petrov to have a run at him. Hope to fuck we line up Zoggy/Oba at him this weekend.

I don't think Petrov likes the cold.

Guest optimistic nit

i don't really rate petrov. i think he's got a bit lucky so far, but his touch has always looked poor to me as has his technique in most areas. he made a few good passes today, but i think he's quite overated.

If Jones isn't kept quiet, we will lose - Allardyce clearly cannot change the way he sets the side up for away games, and attacking them down the flanks(with Milner/Zog in their CORRECT positions)is basically the best hope we have of getting anything out of the game.

Having said that, I cannot see us competing well enough(OR retaining enough possession) in midfield to keep the pressure off the back 4 which is essential in this game.

I thought Keane's comments after the Man C game were exactly right - he didn't try to say that his side 'deserved more' from the game, as we so often hear from defeated managers, he simply shook his head when that was put to him and said 'how many saves did their keeper have to make ?'.....

This is exactly what Allardyce should have said after our game at Reading, because that was exactly what happened - we didn't force their keeper into 1 decent save, so you can't be surprised when you get nothing out of the match....

A similar approach at the SOS will result in a draw at very best, and most probably, a 1-0 defeat.

We will have a real problem over the next few weeks if we lose this match - Arsenal & Liverpool are the next visitors to SJP, and we have to visit Blackburn in between - do those optimists out there STILL think we've got a 'relatively easy run.'..!??

If we lose all these games, it could be crisis time before Christmas, and we all know what THAT means...

He cannot go to the Scum even thinking about trying for a point, we should be looking to win every game home or away,

Jones will be a right old handful and you can bet Martins will be on the bench for us, the only player we have that can create something from nothing and gives defenders something to think about.

Martin Atkinson is referee for this one....

Guest woffy_27

He cannot go to the Scum even thinking about trying for a point, we should be looking to win every game home or away,

Jones will be a right old handful and you can bet Martins will be on the bench for us, the only player we have that can create something from nothing and gives defenders something to think about.

Martin Atkinson is referee for this one....

A draw against these unwashed tramps will be like a defeat to us, need to get into them from the 1st whistle, kick the knobs off the park, especially in midfield - we really need to get up for it cos the mackems will be like.  It won't be a pretty game!

Guest woffy_27

I hope Viduka is passed fit for this game, missed his strength up front. I reckon Sam will start with Owen and Viduka (if fit) up front, what do the rest of you think?

---------------Harper

Beye-----Taylor------Faye-------Jose

------------------Roze

----Geremi-------------------Zoggy

-----------------Emre

-----Viduka--------------Martins

I haven't been impressed with Barton and I think since Barton started playing in the first team we have looked WEAKER in the middle....

H will play Viduka and Owen upfront, Oba will get dropped again I bet and Barton & Geremi will be in the middle with Zoggy & Milner on the wings, lets hope he plays them the right way around this time, Milner does okay on the left wing but Zoggy is shocking down the right.

The back is the hard one to call, he should call Beye back but what he really  does is anyones guess

I haven't been impressed with Barton and I think since Barton started playing in the first team we have looked WEAKER in the middle....

I get the feeling that Barton has been told to go easy and not do himself any injuries in his natural desperation to impress. Could be wrong of course but agree he hasnt done much so far.

Barton has been invisible so far but wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to early to judge him, he needs to be that feisty annoying fker on the pitch though to play at his best, a bit like Bella's in that respect, I am sure will see the best of him though, he has only had 2 games in after a long time out.

People are getting way over excited about Jones

Mr Faye will have him in his pocket all game, no problems

We should just be concerned about how we play

If Mr Keane has got them fired up (or over excited) simply retaining possesion will get them fustrated and lead to errors on their part

Viduka and Owen up front to start. Oba to be introduced at later stage of game to wreck havoc in a somewhat one paced and cumbersome back line

O0

Thought Barton was our best player against Pompey, tbh.

Really !!! You sure you didn't think that was Butt ?

I personally think Barton's presence in the middle has weakened our rather acceptable midfield...Emre and Butt are the best partnership for us, however Butt is injured so I see Geremi the one to partner Emre as he is currently more reliable than Barton...

We shouldn't be tinkering with our team too much like Allardyce has been doing...We know from Roeder's times that Emre and Butt are great together and that was proven against Spurs. Why did Allardyce break that partnership up against Reading and Pompy, I haven't got a clue ???

Viduka has not been included in the Oz team to play Nigeria, good news for us like, he is very injury prone and we are coming to have to have to rely on him.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1161106,00.html

Big Sam was on about Viduka having a fitness test before the Scum game, hope to god he passes it.

Quinny says its okay for Ashley to wear his Toon top LOL..

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2007/11/06/ashley-s-toon-top-is-ok-by-me-niall-72703-20068462/

Ashley’s Toon top is OK by me: Niall

Nov 6 2007 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Mike Ashley

SUNDERLAND chairman Niall Quinn has revealed he will not stop Mike Ashley wearing his Toon top in Saturday’s Tyne-Wear derby.

Ashley has donned the black-and-white stripes in every game he has attended this season.

Quinn told the Chronicle: “I certainly wouldn’t have a problem with it, but I don’t know what the police would say.

“The man supports his team, and that’s great.

“When you see enthusiasm like that, that’s fine.”

Quinn knows a thing about derbies himself after playing in both the North London version with Arsenal against Spurs and the Manchester affair during his days with City, as well as Tyne- Wear clashes.

Yet he feels this is THE derby to be involved in.

He added: “It’s a marvellous game – it was my favourite of all the derbies I played.

“This one’s just amazing with what it means to the region and the people.

“I can’t call how it’s going to go, but it’s great we’re in there and we’re in the Premier League playing in a derby. I can’t wait.

“Roy Keane and Sam Allardyce are two of the game’s most phenomenal characters.

“That in itself is a great story leading into the game, but then when you look at the fact that Sunderland have been down in the dumps and it’s a chance for us to restore our pride and kick on up the league.

“Most people will be saying it’s only a game, and rightly so, but there’s something very special about it.

“It’s going to be a great occasion. I’m sure it will be.

“It’s another test for us to see whether we belong in the Premier League.

“It’s going to take a long time, but games like this will help us along the way.”

Viduka has been passed fit to play. Thank god.

Phew, its a real shame we have to rely on him so much, what with his injury record but the time he has been out has proved we need another player like him, sell Shola sign Crouch in January. :D