Mackems pre match thread

NSG

I like what Skirge has picked as at the back:

------------------Harper

Beye----Cacapa--------Roze------Jose

------------------Faye

Id have that with Taylor ahead of Cacapa, why should Cacapa start after the Pompey game when you consider Taylor was dropped for weeks due to a bad performance at Man City?

A bit of a contreversial selection i know, but its sort of inspired by Man U's formation which is effectively a 424, granted they have better wingers, id like to see a 433:

Harper

Beye, Roz, Faye, Enrique

Geremi, Barton, Emre

Milner, Vid, Zog

Even as i wriite this its not sitting well with me, but having seen the lack of penetration we have, and the lack of forward runs from our midfield, i think it'd be nice to see Zog and Milner in more advance roles, trying to get behind the full back, even more contreversial would be to play Smith instead of Milner, i say this because i think Smith would offer more in the box when hes in his more advanced positions. I think if this formations is implented properly it could work becasue it does offer naturally alot going forward (with Emre or Barton joining the attack) yet is equally useful in defending when the 2 wings revert back to help defend.

If we were to go even more attacking, then its a case of putting Martins on for either Smith, Milner or Zog, i think he's fit in nicely in any of the 3 forward positons.

Guest optimistic nit

Keane will really have them fired up for this match, they'll want to come out and win by a couple of goals imo. chopra will probably have a word in his ear from keane as well, although i wouldn't be suprised if he's not starting but comes on for the final 25-30 minutes solskjiar stylee. we'll need to use this to our advantage imo, play possession football (something we have not been able to do this season and try and frustrate them. they are really only a bunch of average players, and we cant go there and let them have the ball, especially in our final third. I watched the sunderland-manu game and sunderland looked very good it has to be said, because man united allowed them to pass the ball around. we can't let them do this. the mackems couldn't break down utd, and eventually manunited scored, but i don't have the same confidence in us.

maybe go 451 or 4411 in the first half with cacapa and faye at the back, roz as a dm, and either geremi and zog on the wings or zog playing just behind viduka. bring martins on for the second half and try and get a goal, but imo the main aim of the first half should be to try and stop sunderland from having the ball.

I like what Skirge has picked as at the back:

------------------Harper

Beye----Cacapa--------Roze------Jose

------------------Faye

cacapa and roz wont deal with kenwin, neither are good in the air or physical enough and every time i've seen that partnership i've lacked confidence in it. swap faye and roz.

right now my line up is (if givens out)..........

harper

beye    faye    cacapa    enrique

milner    geremi    barton    n'zogbia

viduka    owen

(martins if viduka out)

and f*** off with trying to keep a clean sheet and nick one....GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!

I agree with this team, but I think Roz or Taylor should be in instead of Cacapa for the extra aerial pressence against Jones.

aye, i was pissed when i wrote it, roz for cacapa but faye at the back to counter jones is a must.

not sure why people are bringing in Roz as a means of combating Jones, Rozehnal has looked rubbish in the air when he's been up against Howard and Ashton and is probably the weakest of all our central defenders, getting pushed around even by the likes of Agbonlahor.

saying that i would still put him in there, though more to deal with chopra or stokes or murphy. learning from the pompey game, cacapa's mistakes are partly down to the way faye and him set themselves up as a partnership, cacapa drops back to pick up the loose balls & knock downs as a sweeper using his superior anticipation, while faye advances to attack lofted passes or crosses with his big fuckoff head. just so happens that pompey with utaka and benjani were too quick for cacapa and forced him into 50:50s that he's not agile enough to adapt his body to or strong enough to win. At least with Rozehnal he has the pace to get on the ball first and clear it away so that the 50:50s don't develop, while i think even he is strong enough to hold off someone like Chopra who isn't exactly a bruising centre-forward in the Benjani mould.

Harper

Beye  Cacapa   Faye   Enrique

Rozenhal

Geremi        Barton       N'Zogbia

Viduka   Owen

Forster

Taylor

Emre

Martins

Milner

My team.......... (Providing Given out and Viduka fit)

Harper

Beye..............Faye........Rozzie........Enrique

..........................Geremi..............................

..........Barton..........................Emre.........

...Martins.....................................Super N'zoggy

...........................Viduka................................

If Viduka unfit replace with Smith

Bench

Taylor

Forster

Smith (If viduka unfit, replace Smiths position with Troisi)

Milner

Owen

Chances of that happening are pretty slim however  :laugh2:

Jones will be the main problem for our CB's so yup I agree swap Faye and Roze around, Roze is more comfortable with the ball at his feet than Faye is so he would suit the role in front of the back four more.

Play Taylor because we need at least 1 Geordie in the pitch vs the Scum, drop Owen he needs the wake up call, Barton will drop back into midfield when we lose the vall to make it a four.

It could work..

----------------Harper

Beye-----Taylor------Faye-------Jose

------------------Roze

----Geremi-------------------Zoggy

-----------------Barton

-----Viduka--------------Martins

BECNH

Forster

Cacapa

Milner

Owen

Jones will be the main problem for our CB's so yup I agree swap Faye and Roze around, Roze is more combustible with the ball at is feet than Faye is so he would suit the role in front of the back four more.

Play Taylor because we need at least 1 Geordie in the pitch vs the Scum, drop Owen he needs the wake up call, Barton will drop back into midfield when we lose the vall to make it a four.

It could work..

----------------Harper

------------------Roze

-----------------Barton

BECNH

Forster

Cacapa

Milner

Owen

at least that will help him fire up the defence...

right now my line up is (if givens out)..........

harper

beye     faye    cacapa    enrique

milner     geremi    barton    n'zogbia

viduka    owen

(martins if viduka out)

and f*** off with trying to keep a clean sheet and nick one....GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!

I agree with this team, but I think Roz or Taylor should be in instead of Cacapa for the extra aerial pressence against Jones.

aye, i was pissed when i wrote it, roz for cacapa but faye at the back to counter jones is a must.

I'd agree with this.

Viduka's presence would be a massive boost.

Jones will be the main problem for our CB's so yup I agree swap Faye and Roze around, Roze is more combustible with the ball at his feet than Faye is so he would suit the role in front of the back four more.

It could work..

----------------Harper

------------------Roze

-----------------Barton

BECNH

Forster

Cacapa

Milner

Owen

I didn't realise we had that many injuries we could only afford to put 4 subs down.

Jones will be the main problem for our CB's so yup I agree swap Faye and Roze around, Roze is more combustible with the ball at his feet than Faye is so he would suit the role in front of the back four more.

It could work..

----------------Harper

------------------Roze

-----------------Barton

BECNH

Forster

Cacapa

Milner

Owen

I didn't realise we had that many injuries we could only afford to put 4 subs down.

:lol: Missed Emre out.. :D

Harper

Beye    Roz  Faye  Jose

Geremi Barton Emre Zog

Owen Martins

Definitely think Barton should start.  Be nice to have someone with his passion in the middle of the pitch in a derby.

I'll go for

.................................Harper

Faye...............Cacapa......Rozenhal................Taylor

Carr........Babayaro...Geremi...Enrique........Emre

.................................Smith

Fuck Knows!

Jones will be the main problem for our CB's so yup I agree swap Faye and Roze around, Roze is more combustible with the ball at is feet than Faye is so he would suit the role in front of the back four more.

It could work..

----------------Harper

------------------Roze

-----------------Barton

BECNH

Forster

Cacapa

Milner

Owen

:lol:

It could work..

----------------Harper

------------------Roze

-----------------Barton

BECNH

Forster

Cacapa

Milner

Owen

I've just seen what that said :lol: :lol: fkn firefox spell thing

Roy Keane was at St James’s Park on Saturday and must not have been able to believe what he was seeing before he left after an hour.

Alan Oliver

I'm dreading it to be honest.. Sam and his clinical psychologist need to get their motivational speeches just right for this one. Hopefully Sam will also brush up on his awareness by reading Tactics for Dummys. (harsh: Ed)