Mackems pre match thread

NSG

right now my line up is (if givens out)..........

harper

beye    faye    cacapa    enrique

milner    geremi    barton    n'zogbia

viduka    owen

(martins if viduka out)

and fuck off with trying to keep a clean sheet and nick one....GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!

right now my line up is (if givens out)..........

harper

beye    faye    cacapa    enrique

milner    geremi    barton    n'zogbia

viduka    owen

(martins if viduka out)

and fuck off with trying to keep a clean sheet and nick one....GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!

:thup: The only way to go. Got to get the first goal and put them on the back foot early on. Old adage of quietening down the home crowd

------------------Harper

Beye----Cacapa--------Roze------Jose

------------------Faye

----Geremi---------------------Emre

------------------Barton

--------Viduka---------------Martins

BENCH

Forster

Taylor

Milnerr

Zoggy

Owen

OR

-----------------Harper

Beye----Cacapa-------Taylor-----Jose

Milner----Barton------Roze-------Zoggy

-----------Viduka------Martins

BENCH

Forster

Faye

Geremi

Emre

Owen

------------------Harper

------------------Faye

------------------Barton

--------Owen---------------Martins

BENCH

Forster

Taylor

Milnerr

Zoggy

Smith

Nee offence mate, but it would be absolute madness to play no wingers and no Viduka.

------------------Harper

------------------Faye

------------------Barton

BENCH

Forster

Taylor

Milnerr

Zoggy

Smith

No wingers?

If anyone can say 'must win' now is the time.

Our season is in tatters, what a better way to get it back on track by an away win at the Mackems

Hardly.

Well no, its not.

But, we're only on 17 points after our first 11 games AND we haven't played anyone of note yet.

------------------Harper

------------------Faye

------------------Barton

BENCH

Forster

Taylor

Milnerr

Zoggy

Smith

No wingers?

Sorry was still sorting the post, dunno why it posted as I was still typing, also forgot Viduka was back..

Needs an EDIT :D

------------------Harper

------------------Faye

------------------Barton

BENCH

Forster

Taylor

Milnerr

Zoggy

Smith

No wingers?

Sorry was still sorting the post, dunno why it posted as I was still typing, also forgot Viduka was back..

Poorest excuse yet, Mr Souness ;)

To be fair to you it might end up as quite a good prediction to what we actually put out rather than your wish list.

------------------Harper

------------------Faye

------------------Barton

BENCH

Forster

Taylor

Milnerr

Zoggy

Smith

No wingers?

Poorest excuse yet, Mr Souness ;)

:lol:

I am not Souness just call me Big Sam, aint got a clue so I will cover all bases.

Souness would go with...

----------------Harper

Beye---Cacapa--------Roze------Jose

--Geremi-------Barton--------Emre

-----Owen------Viduka-----Martins

my team would be

----------------------------------------------harper---------------------------------------------

beye--------------------rozehnal----------------------taylor---------------enrique

milner-------------------barton------------------------emre---------------n'zogbia

--------------------------viduka--------------------------owen--------------------------

fat samuels team is more likely to be

--------------------------------------------harper-----------------------------------------------

taylor-----------------rozehnal-------------------------faye-----------------------enrique

-------------geremi---------------------barton-----------------------smith-----------------

owen---------------------------------------------------------------------------------milner

-----------------------------------------viduka-----------------------------------------------

WE CANNOT DROP MARTINS!!

Owen is just going through the motions, Martins is our top goal scorer, be brave and play all three otherwise Owen should be on the bench for a wakeup call, "yeah your fit, but show me you want it!"..

if its like the 4-1, if they go 1-0 up this time we wont come back and slaughter them

we must be winning at half time by at least 1-0 to make them pissed off and frustrated

i think it will be whoever scores first wins

would be happy with a draw and Chopra not scoring then hope they go down and we don't have to play them for ages so we might actually sort ourselves out.  Hate derby's now, the nerves are too bad and we have too much to lose. 

Cacapa has to be dropped, for this week at least, keep Faye on though with Roz they looked competent in the Pompey game together. Taylor nah, he will try too hard in the game, with it being a derby game and try to be the hero, could result in a mistake. Emre and Geremi for me in the middle, Butt is too much of a headless chicken, leaves massive gaps. Zog and Milner should have a field day with their poor backs. Viduka has to start really, not bothered between Martins edges it for me. Beye and Enrique should also start.

Harper

Beye  Roz  Faye  Enrique

Milner    Geremi  Emre  Zoggy

Vid    Martins 

We should win really but who knows?

I wouldnt mind seeing us use the same tactic as Pompey actually, using that 3 men in the middle to dictate the middle of the park, could work.

Harper

Beye  Faye  Rozehnal  Enrique

Milner  Geremi  Emre  N'Zogbia

Viduka  Owen

Subs: Forster, Caçapa, Smith, Barton, Martins

Scratch that - i'd have Martins in the starting line-up. The strikers aren't getting the ball on a plate at the moment, the movement and creativity is not good and with Milner forced into the starting line-up, service is going to be few and far between (we're away, aswell). It seems recently that Owen needs the ball on a plate - which is annoying, because his play outside the box has improved. But he's not bothering to utilise that ability at the moment; i can't be arsed sitting and watching him stuck on the edge of the box doing fuck all for ninety minutes again.

Martins will work for the team. I can't believe he was replaced against Reading - there was one point where he picked the ball up deep into his own half, and ran at people ending up about 30 yards out. Aye, it got nowhere that time, but atleast he's actually doing something. He should have come on at half-time yesterday n'all. Plus the Sunderland defense are nothing special and if we can utilise Viduka's touch/Martins pace and movement to effect, then we should beat them.

Viduka/Martins ftw. I'll be fuming if Smith is anywhere near the starting line-up.

Harper

Beye

Taylor

Faye

Enrique

Milner

Barton

Emre

Zog

Viduka

Martins

Subs;Roz,Geremi,Smith,Owen,Foster

3 one win for us!Can see Barton scoring and having a good game.Really hope Sam picks Emre,gives us something different in midfield,I have a feeling he will pick Geremi though and Will prob pick Owen ahead of Oba!Will be tough but we will have too much for them!

Harper

Taylor Rozehnal  Faye  Enrique

Geremi Barton Emre N'Zogbia

Viduka Owen

Subs: Martins, Cacapa, Smith, Milner, Forster

I'd prefer Geremi to Milner, although neither have been impressive the last few matches.  Geremi offers more defensively.  Neither Barton or Emre have looked good so far, but this is the perfect opportunity for that partnership to take off.  Owen over Martins, but either would be fine.