Steve McClaren

Dave

Absolutely would not want him.

One of the top 20 richest clubs in Europe appointing some championship no mark. No ta.

He is, at the very very best, bang average and in the same group as Bruce etc.

One of the top 20 richest clubs in Europe appointing some championship no mark. No ta.

I wouldn't be best pleased with McClaren. But to say he falls into the same category as Bruce is comical.

Guest Incandenza

http://i.imgur.com/PG319Cw.png

In the first quote I said Set A is big and it baffles me why anyone would consider it small. In the second quote I said Set B is small.

These are not inconsistent positions. A subset can be small even it is part of a large set.

Guest Incandenza

In the first quote I said Set A is big and it baffles me why anyone would consider it small. In the second quote I said Set B is small.

These are not inconsistent positions. A subset can be small even it is part of a large set.

Bernd Schuchster or any other number of decent unemployed European coaches.

It baffles me any time someone says 'who could they get?' in reference to a Premier League club. Its the richest league in the world; any team in it can a better coach than Tim Sherwood.

My point was that there are other available managers in Set A bar Sherwood. This is of no relevance of my comments in this thread which refer to Set B.

If you remove the words and add two smaller circles in the top left and top right corners, and then 4 smaller filled circles, you can create a piglet. Like this:

http://i.imgur.com/3gkGHVA.png

Guest Incandenza

I actually think McLaren is good, but there is absolutely no way we should be questioning who we could get that might be better than him

I agree we could get someone better, but, imo, there not so many great managers queuing up for it be considered an underwhelming or disappointing appointment, as some are mooting in this thread.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Excluding Benitez I don't see any managers with a better CV than McClaren. He won the League Cup and reached the UEFA Cup finals with Boro and  won the Dutch league with Twente  . He has experience of PL football and in two other european leagues and I don't think that he has been relegated. Most of the time fans have hounded him out, in league football at least  :lol:

He is my favourite choice and I think given the means he could do a good job.

Disagree that he's in the same group as Bruce but i do agree we should be aiming for much better. We all know that's not really the case though sadly.

I wouldn't be best pleased with McClaren. But to say he falls into the same category as Bruce is comical.

Which team above us would swap him for their current manager?

There's a reason he's managing in the championship.

If you remove the words and add two smaller circles in the top left and top right corners, and then 4 smaller filled circles, you can create a piglet. Like this:

http://i.imgur.com/3gkGHVA.png

http://i.imgur.com/EM52ZFM.png

http://i.imgur.com/JdXfBFL.png

f***ing HELL. :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

McClaren is a fantastic coach and would be a fairly decent fit here you would think, but I agree he would be a tad underwhelming. He is the best of British though, easily. Boro fan I know said in general he did a great job there, but things were boring and small steps forward seemed to take an age. Expect improvement and progress, but at slow pace he said. He did say the football was good, but the results not always of the same ilk.

McClaren is a fantastic coach and would be a fairly decent fit here you would think, but I agree he would be a tad underwhelming. He is the best of British though, easily. Boro fan I know said in general he did a great job there, but things were boring and small steps forward seemed to take an age. Expect improvement and progress, but at slow pace he said. He did say the football was good, but the results not always of the same ilk.

If he does for us what he did for Boro (a trophy and European runs) I'll be very satisfied.

Guest Howaythetoon

I remember him for Boro, they were very boring, but he was a huge success there and it's a sad state of affairs that he isn't recognised more. If he delivered a trophy and a European final here he would be immortalised without doubt. I think under him we would play the game in the right way at least if not always in the best way, that youngsters would be given a chance and that coaching wise we would see lots of improvement. I doubt we would finish top 6 though and for me even under this cunt of an owner, that is the place a club or our standing should be aiming for. He would be an upgrade on Pardew, but a bit meh as appointments go and I actually rate and like the man.

Guest Howaythetoon

Boro indeed. The fans there wanted him sacked for years.

Wrong, by and large the vast majority thought he was doing just fine but a good chunk had ideas way above their station and wanted better. My mate says he will eventually go down as the best manager they have ever had unless they achieve a whole lot more in the coming years.

Wrong, by and large the vast majority thought he was doing just fine but a good chunk had ideas way above their station and wanted better. My mate says he will eventually go down as the best manager they have ever had unless they achieve a whole lot more in the coming years.

I lived there for 5 years. Very few supporters I ever came across had good things to say about him. They all knew he'd fail miserably with England.

Guest Howaythetoon

I lived there for 5 years. Very few supporters I ever came across had good things to say about him. They all knew he'd fail miserably with England.

I didn't quite live there but worked there at least 3 days a week and by large, most were happy to give him a chance with a good chunk unhappy and just as many really happy. That was up until his final season mind. Looking back many a Boro fan will speak fondly of him and his time.

Guest Howaythetoon

You lived there for 5 years? Poor b******.

Aye, not a nice area but had a great time there. Good student town in its own right.

Nowhere near as bad as Sunderland and Hartlepool in my experience and like you said a canny town for students.