Steve McClaren

Dave

I'd take Fred West at this stage.

Would build strong foundations, helping us dig deep and give us a killer edge. Probs be in with a shout if he wasn't deed.

:lol:

Not sure he'd give the kids a chance though

He isn't. Souness' league cup win with Blackburn eclipses anything McClaren's achieved, also.

So beating Oldham, Boro, City (then in second tier), Arsenal, Sheff Wed and a Spurs side containing Ben Thatcher and Chris Perry better than taking Boro (via victories over Stuttgart, Roma and Basel) to the UEFA Cup final?

And nobody said he was shit. As I've already said, he's a 5/10 manager with a CV and style which inspire absolutely nothing other than indifference.

It'll be shit football and average (at best) results. What will any of us get out of that? Fucking nothing.

He isn't. Souness' league cup win with Blackburn eclipses anything McClaren's achieved, also.

So beating Oldham, Boro, City (then in second tier), Arsenal, Sheff Wed and a Spurs side containing Ben Thatcher and Chris Perry better than taking Boro (via victories over Stuttgart, Roma and Basel) to the UEFA Cup final?

Yes, winning is better than finishing 2nd. That's before you even take into account which teams listed there were taking the respective tournaments more seriously.

Yes, winning is better than finishing 2nd. That's before you even take into account which teams listed there were taking the respective tournaments more seriously.

Boro won the same cup with a not too dissimilar run, just checked. Beat Arsenal over 2 legs in the semi.

Boro had a better side than Blackburn, too.

No idea why you're bothering constructing a defence for him, IP. Assuming he's marginally better than I've suggested, negative football and average results achieve what?

Cool logic, bro.

Would build strong foundations, helping us dig deep and give us a killer edge. Probs be in with a shout if he wasn't deed.

Oof. Too far man :lol:

If you can't laugh at serial-killing 1950s throwbacks, what can you laugh at?

No idea why you're bothering constructing a defence for him, IP. Assuming he's marginally better than I've suggested, negative football and average results achieve what?

I'm just responding post by post tbh. I doubt I want him much more than you do, just saying he's had a few decent achievements in his career. No idea of the respective abilities of the 2 sides either, you must have the memory of an elephant.

I would be extremely pissed off with McClaren as manager, but not as pissed off as I would be Carver or O'Leary or whoever. We could easily get a far better manager in who would work under Astley. It appears we might choose not to though, so McClaren would be small mercies compared to the alternatives

More of mass grave kmaer rouge kind of guy.

Kuffour, Mexes, Chivu, De Rossi, Perrotta, Dacourt all started for Roma against them. But hey ho.

Would be a bang average appointment. One thing going in his favour is his reputation as a coach who knows what he's doing on the training ground day-to-day. As a manager who sets a team up and the decisions made as the game develops I'll reserve judgement but I've always liked what I've heard about him as a coach. #coach

More of mass grave kmaer rouge kind of guy.

Amateurs tbh

I'm just responding post by post tbh. I doubt I want him much more than you do, just saying he's had a few decent achievements in his career. No idea of the respective abilities of the 2 sides either, you must have the memory of an elephant.

I would be extremely pissed off with McClaren as manager, but not as pissed off as I would be Carver or O'Leary or whoever. We could easily get a far better manager in who would work under Astley. It appears we might choose not to though, so McClaren would be small mercies compared to the alternatives

That's a bad typo but I'm never gonna give you up IP

Kuffour, Mexes, Chivu, De Rossi, Perrotta, Dacourt all started for Roma against them. But hey ho.

Sorry, are you saying losing 4-0 to Sevilla in the Uefa Cup is a better achievement than wining the (admittedly shit) League Cup with Blackburn?

I'm fucking bored with this shit, anyway. Anyone legitimately wanting Steve 'Derby are doing well in the Championship and he did well at Boro' McClaren over the suggested/approached realistic European options is a mong. End.

I would be extremely p*ssed off with McClaren as manager, but not as p*ssed off as I would be Carver or O'Leary or whoever. We could easily get a far better manager in who would work under Astley. It appears we might choose not to though, so McClaren would be small mercies compared to the alternatives

Massimo Maccorrone or whatever scored a number of lucky late goals in that run.

It was an extraordinary run like, in both the quarters and semis they were completely dead and buried needing 4 goals to win and got them.