Steve McClaren

Dave

Regarding the captaincy: Give to De Jong, Janmaat or Wijnaldum. Make one of them the vice captain. I'm thinking Siem is going to be named the captain, just my hunch or guess. Seems always willing to speak up in interviews and such.

Regarding everything else, I'm actually looking forward to things - esp if we bring in Mitrovic and sign a CB. If we end up getting rid of Cabella for a winger then I am fine with that too. McClaren is saying all the right things, I hope the club back him and get in players who are able to start immediately.

Top 10 would be nice compared to recent seasons, but realistically I'd like us to be fun to watch, be safe from relegation and have a genuine run at a cup. Can just see us throwing a cup game "it was putting out 8th place finish in jeopardy"

I don't have any time for league position targets. It makes no sense unless you're newly promoted or going for the Champions League. All I want is for us to try and win some football matches and see how things pan out. You can have a shit time and finish 9th or a better time and finish 13th.

McClaren intends to use the US tour as a chance to assess all of his squad – and he says NO decision has been made on a captain yet.

Jack Colback wore the armband on Friday but Fabricio Coloccini is the man in possession. He said: “(I’ve made) no decision yet.”

Question for you, at club level, is this the most talented group of players he has ever worked with? If we add another striker and another defender I think it comes pretty damn close. . . .

McClaren intends to use the US tour as a chance to assess all of his squad – and he says NO decision has been made on a captain yet.

Jack Colback wore the armband on Friday but Fabricio Coloccini is the man in possession. He said: “(I’ve made) no decision yet.”

The fact there's recognition a decision has to be made is certainly a good thing.

There's nee argument for Colo, like. He's quite clearly uncomfortable in a leadership role. Not to mention the fact a captain who is frequently frightened on the pitch doesn't set the right tone for the club.

There's nee argument for Colo, like. He's quite clearly uncomfortable in a leadership role. Not to mention the fact a captain who is frequently frightened on the pitch doesn't set the right tone for the club.

agree! time for a change.

Question for you, at club level, is this the most talented group of players he has ever worked with? If we add another striker and another defender I think it comes pretty damn close. . . .

At the moment, no but yes if we add 2-3 more first team quality players.

as a manager, probably. Although I dont know a lot about his wolfsburg squad.

he has to change the captaincy I think, janmaat, wijnaldum or de jong for me (although we need to see if de jong can stay fit first!).

Colo cant carry on imo, needs to be changes on every level, captain included.

There is an argument for Colo, implying that he's frightened on the pitch isn't really an argument against it. What does that even mean? How is he frightened? What makes you think he's not a leader? He doesn't point his arms and fist pump like Taylor?

There is an argument for Colo, implying that he's frightened on the pitch isn't really an argument against it. What does that even mean? How is he frightened? What makes you think he's not a leader? He doesn't point his arms and fist pump like Taylor?

You rarely see him even talking to other players. Let's be serious here.

I know that Colo has been absolutely shit and a poor player and that he's more or less past it these days. But i really think a motivated Colo is a lot better than he has shown lately. Saying that i wouldn't hope for much really when it comes to him. But maybe, maaaybe he can give it a last push if the feeling around the place can be a fresh start everyone concerned.

You rarely see him even talking to other players. Let's be serious here.

I didn't see Shearer talking to players much either, at least not on the pitch. The question to ask would be why Colo has been given the armband for so long if he's not captaincy material? Do we know something that those inside the club don't?

I knew you were pretty stupid, but if you've legitimately watched the last 3 seasons and ask a question like that you need some help.

Frightened - see Lukaku, Fuller, (and more recently) Morgan. Stop wasting people's time with these idiotic posts, man.