Steve McClaren

Dave

Vieira (who I didn't want like but obviously would have took over McClaren for the craic) and Garde just show that they're openly taking the piss tbh. They had no interest in signing either yet they obviously knew they were names which would excite the fans. It's the same with putting bids in at the final hour which are obviously going to get turned down.

Tend to agree with that.

There's no way he will handle the abuse that's on his way like Pardew did. He will walk after the sunderland game.

You might be surprised. Failure at NUFC and he's done for. We are literally his last chance of salvaging an already comedic reputation.

Who else, in the top level, takes him after another failure?

Not to mention this frankly fucking ridiculous notion of putting the cunt on the board.

Agenda for todays Board meeting

1. Future of head coach

LCharnley - The owner isn't happy with his return following spunking £50m this summer. What are your thoughts gents?

ACarr's Dad - I rate the head coach

SMcL - Me too. Top man

BConcur - When's the stadium getting painted though?

LCharnley - that's that settled then. I'll propose a contract extension.

Guest firetotheworks

Vieira (who I didn't want like but obviously would have took over McClaren for the craic) and Garde just show that they're openly taking the piss tbh. They had no interest in signing either yet they obviously knew they were names which would excite the fans. It's the same with putting bids in at the final hour which are obviously going to get turned down.

IMO It's definitely along the lines of them thinking they're smart, by putting it in the minds of our fans that they've considered the names that are being talked about, so the person they've chosen must be pretty special. Of course completely forgetting that 1) Our fans know how thick as pig shit Ashley and his goons are where football decisions are concerned. and 2) Our fans know what McClaren is like as a manager.

They're about as smart as Young Kenny was in Phoenix Nights when he wrote the pub quiz answers on his arm, despite not knowing the questions.

Think someone made the point last night but it's worth saying again that we can't even revert to shutting up shop and try to grind out a 0-0 or nick a 1-0 to build some confidence/momentum owed to the fact that defensively we are terrible.

In fact that's pretty much how he has tried to start the season and it hasn't worked.  Can't attack, can't defend can't do any of the basics right. 

Meh it's 8 games. We were shit before, signing a few players wasn't immediately going to reverse years of mismanagement, even if our part of our team looks half decent on paper.

Very few of us thought he was the answer before so I don't really understand what's changed.

Some of the players look like dead wood now. I just wish we'd got Tuchel when we have the slimmest of chances, but managing us really appears to be a mug's job.

I want to see from him: Mitrovic and Perez up top, Tiote protecting the back four with 3 form players in mid infront of him (ATM a choice of Aarons, winaldum, de Jong, Anita & Sissoko) and we might have some kind of formula that could win games.

Seems smc is scared to play Perez and Aarons, doesn't like two up top, thinks he can motivate cisse to give a shit and insists Colback is his number one player. Until all of that changes we won't win a game this season.

Dropping Sissoko wouldn't be bold, it would be idiotic. Even if you think he doesn't care, he still does more than the rest of our players bar Janmaat in an attacking sense

Laughable stuff, he produces nothing*. We're at the point where messages need sending from the management to the players. Colback and Sissoko are untouchable yet they produce nothing.

Get Aarons in if he's fit, Perez in with Mitrovic. Keep Thauvin cause he's at least trying stuff and is new to the league, same for Wijnaldum and Mbemba.

The rest can get fucked.

*he'll clearly have a good game now mind.

I don't understand what's going on at all.

Having seen every minute of every game bar the Man U draw, something happened at West Ham that's just sucked away any progress that had been made. There was tangible progress, we looked more confident, the crowd was behind the team. Last night was awful to watch in the ground. Everybody was just nervous from the first minute.

I think he's tried to set us up to sit and not press too much, but we're just way beyond the pace. Even the pace of a second string championship side. We're still playing the same s**** formation, the only difference being Anita coming to split the centre halves when we don't have the ball.

McClaren worried me for the first time last night. He looked visibly exasperated and panicked at half time, wasted two changes doing something he should've done before the game started and then he had no way of changing things after the goal went in. Just like the Watford game, Wednesday weren't even playing well. We didn't give them anything to deal with.

I think he might walk sooner rather than later. Just a mad situation to be in. We didn't even get the new manager bounce.

It all went downhill when he tried to open up our shape, tbh. We played higher against West Ham and got decimated at the back because our defensive spine couldn't handle it. Despite the signs being somewhat slightly positive before, that result just seemed to plunge everyone into a state of utter depression and panic. A couple of shit games later and it's literally a massive crisis. Has anything ever collapsed this fast?

Guest firetotheworks

If McClaren we're to resign, would people respect him more then if he were to on and try and sort the issues out?

Almost certainly if it was because of Ashley etc.

I don't get the Sissoko hate like, he was class at the weekend and along with Janmaat was responsible for the only period of the season where we've actually looked semi-dangerous. He's massively hit and miss like, especially on the wing.

I don't even think it matters like (if he plays or not, or anyone else for that matter), our squad on the whole is shit, our manager is shit, our coaching staff are probably shit. We're going to get bummed senseless off a shit Chelsea side.

TBH as long as he shakes them up I'm well past debating who are the right players to pick. Just needs to get them motivated somehow.

:thup:

Everyone's a much of a muchness, really, it all comes down to who's actually going to dig in and show some character when they play.

This is it. People need dropping for the greater good.

Sissoko created our only 2 real chances against Watford. The Cisse miss and the goal.

Let's bench him then. LOL.

there's such a thing as the greater good, because he sporadically creates the odd chance in a sea of shit it doesn't mean he's the best thing for the team overall

tbh against chelsea and citeh i'd probably not drop him on reflection but they have to be his last chances to put in a game influencing performance imo, if he can't do it then he should get to fuck

back 5

thauvin sissoko wijnaldum aarons

perez  mitrovic

we've got to change something man, he's been playing the same players and formation for months and funnily enough changing neither is not working :lol:

I would be genuinely shocked if Sissoko & Wijnaldum could play in CM 2 together.

I think they could if we actually pressed as a team, but coaching that into the players would take time and even if the coaches had the nous to pull it off it's something you teach the players during pre season and not after an abysmal start bordering on crisis.

Sissoko created our only 2 real chances against Watford. The Cisse miss and the goal.

Let's bench him then. LOL.

there's such a thing as the greater good, because he sporadically creates the odd chance in a sea of shit it doesn't mean he's the best thing for the team overall

tbh against chelsea and citeh i'd probably not drop him on reflection but they have to be his last chances to put in a game influencing performance imo, if he can't do it then he should get to fuck

back 5

thauvin sissoko wijnaldum aarons

perez  mitrovic

we've got to change something man, he's been playing the same players and formation for months and funnily enough changing neither is not working [emoji38]

What is the greater good? Leaving everything up to Janmaat to create? Wijnaldum, Colback, Thauvin should all be dropped before Sissoko based on performances

If McClaren we're to resign, would people respect him more then if he were to on and try and sort the issues out?

:lol: If he resigned I'd stop thinking about him again. Newcastle managers are unsackable, so he'll never ever resign. Last night was the next five or so years.