Steve McClaren

Dave

:lol: No chance we're sacking McClaren, man.

In your opinion obviously.

imo I think we will.

If McClaren is called in to be grilled by Ashley about the poor results, I would imagine that he would just say it's because he hasn't been allowed to buy the defenders that we require. If the story is true that he wanted to bring in a big vocal centre back but was told that would be too expensive so instead handed Colo a contract extension, then the fault lies with Ashley and Charnley. I don't see how sacking McClaren is going to plug the holes in the defence.

imo I think we will.

If McClaren is called in to be grilled by Ashley about the poor results, I would imagine that he would just say it's because he hasn't been allowed to buy the defenders that we require. If the story is true that he wanted to bring in a big vocal centre back but was told that would be too expensive so instead handed Colo a contract extension, then the fault lies with Ashley and Charnley. I don't see how sacking McClaren is going to plug the holes in the defence.

100% in agreement on that.

Yet still he decided to take the job, knowing full well our CH are not good enough. Shows a weakness from the off for me, so I have no sympathy with him at all on that matter.

He obviously felt confident, comfortable or just wanted the job so much that even with the idea of Colofuckwit, Taylor, Williamson and Mbemba being our choices he decided  to not push it...weak and a failure for me.

Maybe he has now had assurances that that commanding, experienced, CH (and others LB, DM) are to be bought in Jan? Who knows...

Wouldn't be like this lot to back down imo though.

I want him to succeed, never not wanted any NUFC manager not too succeed (have hated some, adored some and been meh about many)...I just think he is not inspirational. talented, driven or frankly good enough for to get the best out of this group of players.

imo I think we will.

100% in agreement on that.

Yet still he decided to take the job, knowing full well our CH are not good enough. Shows a weakness from the off for me, so I have no sympathy with him at all on that matter.

He obviously felt confident, comfortable or just wanted the job so much that even with the idea of Colofuckwit, Taylor, Williamson and Mbemba being our choices he decided  to not push it...weak and a failure for me.

Maybe he has now had assurances that that commanding, experienced, CH (and others LB, DM) are to be bought in Jan? Who knows...

Wouldn't be like this lot to back down imo though.

I want him to succeed, never not wanted any NUFC manager not too succeed (have hated some, adored some and been meh about many)...I just think he is not inspirational. talented, driven or frankly good enough for to get the best out of this group of players.

I'm just saying that the club could hardly sack McClaren if they are the reason we don't have the quality of defenders required to ensure premiership survival. What would be the point? The next manager is also going to have to plug the same holes in defence using over the hill or substandard defenders.

It's shocking to me that Pardew, Carver and now McClaren couldn't convince the board to get an entire new defensive line. Actually, why am I shocked? It's what happens when you hire sycophants and yes-men who're happy to tug at the owner's scrotum while having their tongues lodged firmly up his anus.

Less shocked at Pardew and Carver, but for me this should have been non negotiable from McClaren.

Obvious to all in football we are shit in this dept..Oh we have the 'numbers' but they are all tripe. or in the case of Chamcel an unknown qualtity about to be tripified by osmosis from the other tripe surrounding him.

We need midfielders more than defenders IMO. Although both would be nice.

Other way round for me.

we have one right back, one unproven CH and one unproven young LB...

The rest are varying grades of shit, shitter and the shittiest ever.

Midfield, centrally is poor and needs upgrading, no arguement but our defence is the worst in years. Including the keepers. one good. rest unproven or shit...and fat...and an arse licking cunt t'boot.

Our spine is lacking from GK (currently) to partner for Mbemba, to our non-existent CM. Need experienced on-loan GK, partner for Mbemba, a CM who can allow Gini to move central. and then we finally flow well to Mitro + Perez.

CB, CM, LB, backup RB are immediate needs. 

Hi *****,

Sunday's derby defeat hurt us all and every one of us is sorry that we couldn't deliver you the victory you deserved.  I am certain that if it hadn't been for Colo's sending off, we would have delivered you that victory. But with the news of our successful appeal, we draw a line under that match-defining moment and focus on recreating the positives of the minutes that went before.

Even if you didn't see the game on Sunday, you'll know that we bossed it in the first half and hardly gave our hosts a kick. With ten men on the pitch we were still the stronger side for large parts of the second half, despite what the score line suggests.  We kept attacking the game and that meant gaps opened up that our opponents were able to exploit.

In spite of the result, training this week has been nothing but positive and preparation has been first class.  There's been no feeling sorry for ourselves.  Just a group of players and staff who want to show you how passionately we care about your club.  We'll put all of the positives and the passion into delivering you three points on Saturday.

Over the season so far I’ve seen real improvement in our game, particularly over the last month.  Our bond and blend as a team gets more solid with every game and the mood in the camp is very optimistic, regardless of our current position in the table.  I’m confident we can take the best of our performances to date and start turning them into points. 

Stoke have been on a decent run of late and I certainly didn't see their home defeat to Watford coming. I know Mark Hughes well and he will see that as a huge disappointment.  They'll be especially keen to put on a show this weekend and make up for that loss.  That makes it even more imperative that we're on our game and able to stand up to anything the likes of Bojan and Shaqiri might throw at us.  We're prepared and ready. 

Sadly we won't have Jack Colback in our line-up this weekend after the results of a further scan on his right knee today. Unfortunately this injury, which was sustained at the Stadium of Light on Sunday, will see him out for up to six weeks and we all wish Jack the very best in his recovery.

Be assured that in spite of the events of the past week, we go into this weekend's game with nothing but belief, spirit and total determination to reward your loyalty and support with the three points you deserve.

Steve

I don't mind them tbh.

Same. Better than nowt.

it's absolute fucking nonsense tbf, have you ever heard of another professional football club apologising to it's fans for losing with regularity?  i can't even remember another team issuing a public apology in writing to its fans for anything at all :lol:

It's kind of a pointless thing for Shearer to say like.

Obviously everyone would prefer us to win matches, it's not like we're losing on purpose so we can fire up the keyboard and fill up some inboxes. :lol:

I don't mind them tbh.

Same. Better than nowt.

it's absolute fucking nonsense tbf, have you ever heard of another professional football club apologising to it's fans for losing with regularity?  i can't even remember another team issuing a public apology in writing to its fans for anything at all :lol:

I think the fan emails are part of an attempt to improve communication, which is something all of us have complained about in the past with this regime.

Obviously at the moment they're including apologies as we keep getting beat but hopefully we'll see some more upbeat versions when there's actually something positive to report!