Steve McClaren

Dave

I'm more confident that Ashley will pull the trigger and sack Schteve if we don't get a win on Saturday or after a few more winless games because he has been backed more than anyone else before him and more than anyone else in the league.

If Ashley didn't back him, I could see him sticking with Schteve but the amount he invested was big by Ashley's standard to try and salvage the season and avoid relegation.  He's desperate. Hoping he does sack this clueless cunt and for once, get a reputable manager in. He needs to, he knows he needs to.

I'm more confident that Ashley will pull the trigger and sack Schteve if we don't get a win on Saturday or after a few more winless games because he has been backed more than anyone else before him and more than anyone else in the league.

If Ashley didn't back him, I could see him sticking with Schteve but the amount he invested was big by Ashley's standard to try and salvage the season and avoid relegation.  He's desperate. Hoping he does sack this clueless cunt and for once, get a reputable manager in. He needs to, he knows he needs to.

He should have done it before Christmas, the fear was always that the wins against Liverpool and Spurs would prove a false dawn. Don't bank on him getting sacked even now as it will expose Ashley's cheap approach to hiring a competent MD. Not only will McClaren and his backroom staff have to go, so will Charnley and whichever pleb recommended his appointment. Personally I think Ashley is just going to stick his head in the sand and hope it all goes away until the summer.

Ideal world, sack him and see if we can tempt Bielsa or Sampaoli. At this stage personality is going to be as important as how good tactically they are. Has to be someone inspiring.

That would be amazing.  Both out of work and available - kind of managers who might be capable of actually making a difference.  There is absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be able to attract them - that's the kind of manager we should be aiming for.

Terrifying. It's happening again and they are going to do nothing to try and stop it.

Would they even know how to go about doing anything to stop it? It was Charnley who appointed McClaren in the first place. The only person with a football background at the upper echelons of the club is McClaren. :lol:

Terrifying. It's happening again and they are going to do nothing to try and stop it.

Would they even know how to go about doing anything to stop it? It was Charnley who appointed McClaren in the first place. The only person with a football background at the upper echelons of the club is McClaren. :lol:

At least last season we had some points on the board and got dragged into the relegation fight but this time the team seems incapable of gaining any points so it looks as though the rest of the season will be a fruitless battle to retain our EPL status,  but frankly we just don't deserve to survive based upon our feeble performances.  To be honest I don't think these players would survive in the championship.  They have got no backbone whstsoever so we could be looking at league 1 in a couple of seasons unless this lot are binned next season.  As an aside Mclaren should be ashamed of the completrly inept performances his side keep on producing.

Carr too. And Moncur :lol:

To get him out the door, the campaign doesn't even have to be at the anti-fuckface level. I think McClaren would walk if the heat came down from the stands plus if his players start going against him. It has to happen, it needs to happen. We're losing ground fast, Moyes, Rodgers or in the wildest dream Mourinho can get us away from this shitfest from McClaren.

What will happen is we'll beat West Brom which will earn him a temporary reprieve then we'll lose our next 3 or 4 by which time we're practically down. Same thing happened time and time again with Pardew, saved by a couple of freak results then having to endure another horrific run of pitiful performances and unacceptable results.

Two games running that we've played teams really struggling and low on confidence and have handed them victories on a plate due to this clown's inept tactics and baffling team selection.

What will happen is we'll beat West Brom which will earn him a temporary reprieve then we'll lose our next 3 or 4 by which time we're practically down. Same thing happened time and time again with Pardew, saved by a couple of freak results then having to endure another horrific run of pitiful performances and unacceptable results.

Two games running that we've played teams really struggling and low on confidence and have handed them victories on a plate due to this clown's inept tactics and baffling team selection.

I suspect you're right about winning vs WBA and getting a false dawn, Pardew style reprieve that will ultimately relegate us

Guest Roger Kint

To get him out the door, the campaign doesn't even have to be at the anti-fuckface level. I think McClaren would walk if the heat came down from the stands plus if his players start going against him. It has to happen, it needs to happen. We're losing ground fast, Moyes, Rodgers or in the wildest dream Mourinho can get us away from this shitfest from McClaren.

Not a chance of that happening. majority of match goers wont give a shit.

Guest Roger Kint

I mean, he's basically just arrived, it takes a long time for fan hatred to build.

There was still a huge proportion who would still be politely clapping Pardew right now though. For the most part our support will happily accept buggery as long as they get to sit in silence

Not a chance of that happening. majority of match goers wont give a shit.

they think things are going well :lol:

I mean, he's basically just arrived, it takes a long time for fan hatred to build.

There was still a huge proportion who would still be politely clapping Pardew right now though. For the most part our support will happily accept buggery as long as they get to sit in silence

Tbf the hatred aimed at Pardew at the Cardiff game was as bad as I've ever seen and I've been attending since the early/mid 80's. He couldn't even leave his dugout. A really bad reaction to McClaren on Saturday and I wouldn't be surprised if he walked. Don't think he could handle the pressure.