Steve McClaren

Dave

still a bit of hope yet lads, i'd imagine the ashley timeline goes something like:

sat - lose heavily to chelsea, out on the piss with pards

sun - wake up for a good old fashioned british fry up then down the dog and duck for an all day sesh with joe to shake off last night

mon - feel like fucking shit, don't like what i'm reading in the monday papers about the match

tue - sound out moyes/rodgers/whoever

wed - have meeting, give them the weekend to consider derisory offer to take over

mon - hungover as fuck, get a text from little mike they've knocked the offer back

tue - pie and a pint

wed - reamed 3-0 by stoke

thur/fri - no panic, little mike says we'll win our home games and stay up

sat - lose 0-2 to bournemouth at home

mon - offer moyes/rodgers/whoever anything they fucking like to take over and save us from relegation

EDIT: i've missed a week out there i think :lol:

nevermind, so will mike

Yep, you've missed a whole week there. It's 18 days gap not the usual 7-10.

Sticking with my gut feeling that Ashley will do something against the odds and sack McClaren out of pure desperation not to miss that new Tv money. However, I feel the sacking won't be now but after another 3 straight defeats after the break and before the derby. By then, it might already be too late though.

I'm genuinely surprised he's not received any stick from the stands.

Strange given I think that if sufficient pressure were to be placed on him he'd f*** off.

I guess this is the reason why.

From NUFC.com

The lack of rage directed towards McClaren is a sign of fans becoming resigned to their fate, mirroring the indifference of many players. Repeat watching of this dross does eventually break your spirit.

Genuine anger at our plight isn't to be found in the stands, with tickets taken by stoics, pisspots and lunatics. Ranting malcontents have stood aside, to be replaced by increasing numbers of young lads, daft enough to turn out at this time for those prices.

Even in that parallel universe where we'd consider sacking McClaren, Redknapp wouldn't move north. Especially without a transfer window to waste money in.

I reckon he'd take a couple of million to keep us up on a 3 month deal like. I think he'd keep us up too. Wouldn't want him permanently but I think he'd get us playing again and if that rebuilds some confidence in the squad until someone like Moyes/Rodgers fancies it in the summer, then I'd be all for it.

He's gone full blown Pardew.  Front foot football, only to then get shat on from a great height and get battered 5-1.  Constantly without a gameplan when we play away from home, never look like creating, yet we look like conceding every time the opposition attack us.  I wonder if he'll mention 'letting our hair down', before we play Stoke :lol:

He's an absolute joke of a manager.  He looks completely lost and confused stood on the sideline.  He seems to have had a bit more input with the transfers and we've spent a lot by our standards.  Yet we're still stuck with Colo the Clown and an overweight Steven Taylor, as our centre backs.  Plus a right back that doesn't like defending and a reserve team left winger, playing at left back.  Great work, Sctheve.  You ham faced prick.

I see Ryder has been quick to crush any rumours of McClaren getting the sack.  He just loves to crush our hopes, doesn't he?

Obligatory mention - nothing changes until Ashley goes.  He'll always just appoint no mark, shithosue managers, straight off the scrapheap.  Until we actually get someone in, that has any kind of ability and isn't just another dinosaur, British manager.  Then we'll always be in a relegation scrap.  Ashley has had the chance to make a statement in the past and go out and sign a big name.  Yet he has always settled for a cheap yes man.

He should have been sacked as soon as he put out that team sheet, well, perhaps sectioned would have been a better option. He's watched us all season away from home, he must know where the problems are (Jan window suggests perhaps not), he must know that Chelsea are in a bit of form and yet he still played Aarons at LB and picked Gini. He's then sent them to play a bit of football, not be a compact unit and be completely open against their runners. Colback for Aarons and Saivet for Gini with tight lines between front and back had to be the way to go. I put the rugby after their 3rd goal and was surprised that they only scored 5.

Well it might just have been in a move to seem like we were committed to him.  But he is on the board, along with Charnley, Carr and Moncur.  I would have thought he had more say than Pardew.  Plus, IMO, our squad is far better than last season.  Yet we're just as shit, if not worse.

The board is a sham. It's all posturing and gesturing in the same way that we were changing the stadium name for show casing purposes. I trust nothing they do and getting some old duffer who's sold out and the head coach on it doesn't convince me any different. The only ones we truly know have any say are Mike and little Mike.

No because they're both shit. Is why they need critcism. Just bad managers. Pardew thankfully was nowhere near and there's nothing to my mind to suggest the situation is vastly different. They've listened to the English players argument, arguably held by the coach and of a lot of fans and ran with it. Doesn't detract that Pardew and mcclaren are utter dinosaur wank.

The common denominator is always that they sacrifice quality of manager every time. They've  thrown money at things this time and not addressed the elephant in the room, and yes to an extent, to doesn't have the tools to target the heights they were talking about at the start of the season.

Yes, McClaren is fuckin awful...but as said by others before I cannot imagine that they would choose his successor well. Just take a look back at the Fat Man's appointments. Would love them to go for Rudi Garcia, but cannot see it happening within a hundred years :-( We are doomed

In the old days managers had a bit of decency.  If they knew they were failing they resigned and stepped aside to allow another manager to try and save the club.

Nowadays, managers know they will forfeit their wacking great salary if they resign so they wait and wait until they are sacked.  They have no regard to the fact that the fans who pay those wages are then left with a club they love languishing in the Championship or worse.

The only way to ensure failing managers do the right thing and resign is to ensure all clubs pay up their managers contract in its entirety regardless of whether they resign or are sacked.  That may have two outcomes.  One, clubs will put managers on a rolling year by year contract, and two, the likes of Mc Laren won't keep hanging on waiting to be sacked.