Steve McClaren

Dave

I'll be amazed if he see's out the next 36/48 hours.

If he does we are gone.

based on..?

fat c*** losing over 100 million per season

He'll give him time imo.  The 18 day break and holiday 'training camp' they're having works in McClaren's favour too.  If we're still s**** after that then aye, Ashley will s*** the bed

Based on?

Previous. He didnt even sack Pardew ffs. He'll give him as long as possible to avoid the pay off, it seems

Ashley will listen to Charnley and he picked McClaren so he's not likely to sack him.

As I said he will lose 100 million if he does so the choice is his and after the club forking out 80 million is he really going to gamble again - I'm not so sure this time but we shall see.

I'll be amazed if he see's out the next 36/48 hours.

If he does we are gone.

based on..?

fat c*** losing over 100 million per season

He'll give him time imo.  The 18 day break and holiday 'training camp' they're having works in McClaren's favour too.  If we're still s**** after that then aye, Ashley will s*** the bed

Based on?

Previous. He didnt even sack Pardew ffs. He'll give him as long as possible to avoid the pay off, it seems

The pay off will be a hell of a lot lighter than the 100m TV deal should a let's say, Moyes or someone keep us in the league?

No chance this lot sack him. I wouldn't have hired him, I would've sacked him after his "12 games", and he has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he will ever do even an average job. I don't see any possible defence for him.

i think they're stupid enough to see stoke as "winnable" and we then play bournemouth at home where they clearly think we're now hot shit despite only beating two teams who turned up and played right into our hands

should we only take say 1 point or less from these next two they'll maybe act, but not before

EDIT: actually looking at it we then play leicester away (bloodbath) then the mackems home, how fucking sweet it would be for us to have a new manager bounce coming into the games against those cunts for once

Sacking him won't change anything. The squad is spineless. Once we go a goal down, we get blown over and it's been that way for 4/5 years.

Might as well give it a go then.

A new manager will make little difference , until we have defenders who can defend , and stand up to be counted in game like last night, instead we gift goals . and hide.  The defence has not been good enough for many years now. too often the term men against boys seem to apply to our defence.

Strongly disagree with you, a *good* manager can wring performances from s*** players, that's generally why there considered good.

Get rid now and replace well and we'll be alright, keep him it'll go to the end and we'll probably go down.

Good managers have good players in their teams that is what makes them good..The back four are not good enough and have not been good enough for years, .we lack pace and guts in the heart of the defence, that's why top teams tend to beat we ease.

So good managers always have good players? Something rotten in Denmark there tbh.

No really hard to work out but yes that what makes them good, they get rid of the players who are not good enough and get players who are good enough, How many poor players play week in week out for the likes of Man City, Man United, Arsenal Chelsea etc.

So they just magically appear at those kinds of clubs do they? Strokes beard....

is it really that hard for you to work out? who do you suggest we replace McClaren with and why would he be better..

Sacking him won't change anything. The squad is spineless. Once we go a goal down, we get blown over and it's been that way for 4/5 years.

A new manager will make little difference , until we have defenders who can defend , and stand up to be counted in game like last night, instead we gift goals . and hide.  The defence has not been good enough for many years now. too often the term men against boys seem to apply to our defence.

Strongly disagree with you, a *good* manager can wring performances from s*** players, that's generally why there considered good.

Get rid now and replace well and we'll be alright, keep him it'll go to the end and we'll probably go down.

Good managers have good players in their teams that is what makes them good..The back four are not good enough and have not been good enough for years, .we lack pace and guts in the heart of the defence, that's why top teams tend to beat we ease.

So good managers always have good players? Something rotten in Denmark there tbh.

No really hard to work out but yes that what makes them good, they get rid of the players who are not good enough and get players who are good enough, How many poor players play week in week out for the likes of Man City, Man United, Arsenal Chelsea etc.

So they just magically appear at those kinds of clubs do they? Strokes beard....

is it really that hard for you to work out? who do you suggest we replace McClaren with and why would he be better..

somebody listed about 5 better managers in this thread or the relegationometer thread, all available right now man

"good" managers aren't just those sitting at the top 4-5 clubs in this country you know, there are loads who could come in and do a miles better job than mcclaren is tomorrow

Since the 2008/09 debacle they've been consistent in their statements about keeping managers through thick and thin. Apart from Hughton of course, who was binned for no particular fucking reason.

I just can't see him being sacked, even if we go down.

By the way Shearer got 8 matches as a last desperate effort and it was too late to turn things around. That's not to say Shearer was actually capable of it, but when he took over we were in the bottom three, two points from safety. Almost the same situation as now.

I can't believe there are only 12 games left. So it might already be too late anyway, because there's literally no chance we'd appoint anyone of note. What's Gerry Francis up to?

↑↑↑

The investment only happened though due to Ashley not wanting to miss out on TV revenue. So not only would he lose some of the investment, but the idea behind it.

Why wouldn't he choose to sack him?

Everyone is basing it on pardews eternal 8yr deal.

somebody listed about 5 better managers in this thread or the relegationometer thread, all available right now man

"good" managers aren't just those sitting at the top 4-5 clubs in this country you know, there are loads who could come in and do a miles better job than mcclaren is tomorrow

Ok so you could not name one then ... why are they not already in work if they are that good ?

Ok so you could not name one then ... why are they not already in work if they are that good ?

:lol: righto then, we'd better stick with steve then rather than bin him and go for garcia who had roma challenging for the italian title two years in a row and just just recently binned with them in 4th or something?  or sampaoli the ex-chile manager?

because someone isn't in a job doesn't mean they're utterly shit, except the ones we employ obvs

They place little or no emphasis on the ability of the manager, that's why we've ended up with McClaren in the first place and Pardew before him. Grateful losers on low wages. Hughton got the job because he was already here, they probably didn't even increase his salary. They simply don't think it's an important position in the club, clearly.

The recent investment came to try and improve the squad enough for us to stay up. If they thought it was worth investing in the manager they'd have done so at some point in the last six years.

They place little or no emphasis on the ability of the manager, that's why we've ended up with McClaren in the first place and Pardew before him. Grateful losers on low wages. Hughton got the job because he was already here, they probably didn't even increase his salary. They simply don't think it's an important position in the club, clearly.

The recent investment came to try and improve the squad enough for us to stay up. If they thought it was worth investing in the manager they'd have done so at some point in the last six years.

It's absolutely mental, man.

I know he'd never appoint them, but when you think you've got managers of the quality of Benitez, Bielsa, Sampaoli, Rudi Garcia, Favre (even Moyes, Pearson or Rodgers) available..

Took me about 30 seconds to think of this lot. There will be a huge amount more that I haven't listed.

I mean, look how low this bloke's standards are, talking after today's match:

“We’ve got to dust ourselves down and be realistic, and we can’t let this derail us, as much as people might want it to. We have to stick together in that dressing room, and we have to show character and fight.

There’s only four or five times in the season that I’ve been disappointed with that, but I think today was more about the opening 15 minutes and giving the ball away and giving them three goals.”

It's ludicrous.

You are spot on her,. not that I want McClearn I just think if we sack him we get another manger like him and we be no better off.