Steve McClaren

Dave

A few more rags coming out today as saying Schteve could be out if we fail at Stoke, I just don't the point at that stage. Sacking him anything later than this current 18 day break would be pointless, no potential incoming manager would be able to turn things around in the remaining time after Stoke.

Exactly now is the time, maybe Ashley will attend Stoke again, Steve will cry on the touchline and at the end of the match Ashley will mouth something like he's gone and then nothing will happen.

:lol: Man, this forum has given me some of my best memories. Remember all those slow-mo, blurry screencaps of "what's he said?" and suddenly everyone on N-O was a lipreading expert, but with a different conclusion every single time.

http://news.ladbrokes.com/football/premier-league/why-newcastle-boss-will-be-gone-before-man-utd-man-gets-sacked.html

So Ladbrokes are speculating he'll get the home games against AFCB and the Mackems before making a decision on his future. Lose those two and the Barcelona team won't get us out of relegation trouble, what's the fucking point in that?

If bournemouth get a result before they play us and we dont beat them we are so fucked.

What's the point of giving him 2 home games? As if we'll win the 2 away games. If I'm right, our fixtures are Stoke (a), AFCB (H), Leicester (A) and mackems (H). To wait until after the derby is suicidal.

Yeah, that's to long of a wait.  It has to be now to give the new manager a chance to look at the players, then get them fired up.

What's the point of giving him 2 home games? As if we'll win the 2 away games. If I'm right, our fixtures are Stoke (a), AFCB (H), Leicester (A) and mackems (H). To wait until after the derby is suicidal.

With this clown in charge we will absolutely get turned over by the fucking mackems again with FSA in charge, he'll grind an horrific result out against us and probably send us down. Something needs to be done now before its too late.

In a way, this 18 day gap has been a reprieve for McClaren in that not much protest or anger could be vented after that mauling on Saturday. If the Man City game was still on, think he would be out of a job the next morning. It's all up to Ashley to realise this and take advantage of the long break.

Just done some number crunching and our home-away points difference is the league's biggest, with 17 at home and 7 away. Quite a few teams have done better on their travels.

We've scored the lowest away goals (7) whilst only Villa have less away points (6 pips our 7). Only Sunderland have conceded more than 31 on the road, we have a -24 GD from just 13 games.

:anguish:

Squad wasn't too bad to begin with. It's atrocious that he's been given all these players and all this time. It's criminally stupid of Ashley not to sack him and a big risk. Shows how much he hates changing managers. Having a spokes person pretending to manage a football club is tough on his asset if it's only broadcasted in the Championship. He'll have to choose soon.

I will predict now that this warmwarm weather training camp will have opposite to the desired effect.  The players will come back thinking they have worked really hard and that all they have to do is just turn up and try to replicate what they practised in la manga.  The problem being Stoke City couldn't give a toss how hard we have worked in Spain and will we will be stuffed yet again.

The squad is always a gnats tadger from being tripe - see the lb and ch situation. Shelves gets injured you're back to one of Colback, Anita and whoever saivet is. The quality in the squad is confined to mbemba and about 10 people trying to occupy 2 positions. So badly put together with a bad manager to boot. It's a sure fire ticket to downsville, wankershire.

Squad wasn't too bad to begin with. It's atrocious that he's been given all these players and all this time. It's criminally stupid of Ashley not to sack him and a big risk. Shows how much he hates changing managers. Having a spokes person pretending to manage a football club is tough on his asset if it's only broadcasted in the Championship. He'll have to choose soon.

I will predict now that this warmwarm weather training camp will have opposite to the desired effect.  The players will come back thinking they have worked really hard and that all they have to do is just turn up and try to replicate what they practised in la manga.  The problem being Stoke City couldn't give a toss how hard we have worked in Spain and will we will be stuffed yet again.

Don't we usually get beat after we've been away on these trips?

Don't we usually get beat after we've been away on these trips?

I remember Pardew taking us on at least one warm weather camp that led to us looking completely shite aye.

Ollie Bernard is scathing of McClaren in today's Chron

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-colossal-mess-players-mentally-10894743

It’s extremely disconcerting that, by the middle of February, McClaren still doesn’t know his best system or his best starting XI.

In fact, it’s comical.

I don’t think there’s any real coaching going on, that’s the most concerning thing really.