Steve McClaren

Dave

I think it is pretty obvious that they want to sack McClaren but secure a replacement beforehand is a must. 

Which is an utterly incredible position to take. Signal to McClaren they have no confidence in him while actively looking for his replacement, what incentive would he have to continue doing anything in his position?

This club man, shattering records for incompetence every season. The Somalian government functions better than this lot.

I think it is pretty obvious that they want to sack McClaren but secure a replacement beforehand is a must. 

Which is an utterly incredible position to take. Signal to McClaren they have no confidence in him while actively looking for his replacement, what incentive would he have to continue doing anything in his position?

This club man, shattering records for incompetence every season. The Somalian government functions better than this lot.

tbf a majority of clubs will have at least a good idea on who they want to replace someone on the brink of the sack and will have probably informally gotten a signal on if he'd take it espicially mid to late season. Of coarse a sane club would have taken the chelsea game and the 18 day break as the ideal time to sack someone, sort out the replacement and he'd have time to assess the squad and get some decent training in.

How can you sack him but not sack him if no one is willing to come in?

'Steve, you're sacked, but if we don't appoint anyone will you take care of training tomorrow and the just generally be our manager?'

tbf a majority of clubs will have at least a good idea on who they want to replace someone on the brink of the sack and will have probably informally gotten a signal on if he'd take it espicially mid to late season. Of coarse a sane club would have taken the chelsea game and the 18 day break as the ideal time to sack someone, sort out the replacement and he'd have time to assess the squad and get some decent training in.

Sure, but I'm skeptical our particular club has that much foresight. :lol:

Pearson? I know things are bad, but..

I reckon it'll be Moyes but really hope it isn't a British manager, they're all f***ing yes men

That's rubbish, for a start. We just tend to hire British yes men.

Name one British manager who is currently active in club football that wouldn't be a "yes man" for Mike Ashley?

Sure, but I'm skeptical our particular club has that much foresight. :lol:

probably not til now sure but its probably what they're doing now as stupidly late as it is, McClaren won't be sacked until they're sure on a replacement and lord help us if everyone turns them down.

I reckon it'll be Moyes but really hope it isn't a British manager, they're all f***ing yes men

Name one British manager who is currently active in club football that wouldn't be a "yes man" for Mike Ashley?

Gary Neville

Gary Neville

He's currently working for a Mike Ashley type owner

Gary Neville

He's currently working for a Mike Ashley type owner

He is but he knows him personally and his brother was already at the club. Not to mention that Valencia is a far more attractive project then us.

Id also say that now he's experienced what management is truly about, he would have no interest in joining this joke of a club with the constraints he'd be under.

This - absolutely.

And Carr goes and signs Thauvin. :lol: This f***ing club.

Carr is basically on a jolly with his 'contacts' in France....lots of nice meals, cheap wine and offers of chateaux to stay in for his hols...and other benefits too.

His credibility went when he signed Thauvin.

I hope when I check this thread on lunch that thread title says 'jobless'.

Same here although I have a horrible feeling he'll be going nowhere due to no bugger wanting to take the job.

What really pisses me off is that if the club wanted to go and get someone like Benitez they could. They would have to give him the level of power that he wants and also the money he wants. It's what any other club with a spec of self respect and ambition would do if they could. We treat the financial and power aspects as capped and unmovable objects to find a manager who is prepared to work around them. It's madness and every manager appointed under Ashley other than Keegan has been limited and not of the true calibre we need to move forward as a club. When will we realise that shit structure and shit manager/head coach appointments is what is costing this club any success.

Lowes sticking the boot in. Says it's been a decade of decline, since 2007 after the 'governance' changed.  Suggesting that Charnley and Carr aren't doing their jobs properly and may now find their roles under threat. Says 'who in their right mind will touch the Newcastle job with a barge pole'. Club is 'all over the place'.

Lowes sticking the boot in. Says it's been a decade of decline, since 2007 after the 'governance' changed.  Suggesting that Charnley and Carr aren't doing their jobs properly and may now find their roles under threat. Says 'who in their right mind will touch the Newcastle job with a barge pole'. Club is 'all over the place'.

Our situation mirrors yours pretty closely in so many ways.

In a league awash with fucking money, it should be literally impossible to have a premier league club have a manager's position no fucker will touch with a barge pole, people should be falling over themselves to get it.

It takes some doing, that.