Steve McClaren

Dave

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/03/06/20/31E5560D00000578-0-image-a-44_1457297459056.jpg

McClaren give us a wave!

I can't see how he survives this.  Most the media are saying he should walk/be sacked.  The match going fans have finally turned against him.  The man looks broken, and worryingly, a bit unwell. 

I think it's best for all parties involved.  One way or the other, he has to go. 

I don't know who in their right man would give McClaren one last chance. He's had 28 league games. There wasn't anything in those games to suggest that this man is the right person for the job. It's not going to change in the last 10 games. Worse is, he's lost the dressing room. The players aren't behind him anymore. That's the most glaring aspect in all of this mess.  You're not going to win when your players aren't playing for you.

Look at the clubs Twitter, the last update was on full time on Saturday.  Since then they've put nothing out, no interviews with McClaren, the players or anything else.  Good sign? Admittedly I'm clutching at straws like

I think he's gone and the delay is because a replacement is being sorted

He absolutely has to go, if we are to stand any sort of chance of survival it is going to be with a manager that the players will respond to.

The squad is good enough - just needs the correct leadership and someone who is clearly not a bumbling buffoon of a man with no clue of anything.  Watched MoTD 2 yesterday and Martin Keown was pretty scathing of him.  Said he was a decent coach but, a hopeless manager (in not quite those exact words).

It has been said many times before but, why is Ashley pumping money into the team and setting up his expensive asset to fail with the worst kind of leader?  In any business football or otherwise strong and quality leadership is a must for any sort of success....  Rodgers for me but, I would accept Benitez happily, Moyes nope! 

I think there would be a number of managers who would take the role on a temporary basis - until the end of the season.  If the wages are good and the "stay up" bonus is adequate you could see practically any - out of work - manager jumping at the chance to give it a go.  I do mean ANY out of work manager!  It is whether the club has the balls to approach some of the top men who are currently not associated with another club with a decent proposal to work for Newcastle...

I don't think he will be sacked but only because they won't find anyone else stupid enough to take it

This

There'll always be some clown happy to do it. I'm talking about someone in the same mould as Kinnear and Carver. Literally anyone is a candidate under Ashley.

Unfortunately this job requires someone with a big ego. For all the limitations in place at the club, the only sort of character that will work with(for) the club will be someone who thinks they are good enough to 'save' Newcastle. In some ways it's an attractive proposition to that type of personality, but in most ways it is seen as a poisoned chalice. So we're looking at overconfident/last chance saloon candidates.

Unfortunately this job requires someone with a big ego. For all the limitations in place at the club, the only sort of character that will work with(for) the club will be someone who thinks they are good enough to 'save' Newcastle. In some ways it's an attractive proposition to that type of personality, but in most ways it is seen as a poisoned chalice. So we're looking at overconfident/last chance saloon candidates.

You just described Pardew....

Or Tim Sherwood. He'd tick many of the Ashley boxes btw.

I don't think he will be sacked but only because they won't find anyone else stupid enough to take it

This

There'll always be some clown happy to do it. I'm talking about someone in the same mould as Kinnear and Carver. Literally anyone is a candidate under Ashley.

Someone like that isn't going to turn things around and keep us up, as dumb as they are, they'll know that.

Ashley has only ever made that type of appointment when we've appeared relatively safe, to maintain our position on the cheap. This is a position of absolute desperation to turn things around with hundreds of millions of pounds at stake.

Abandoning the 'head coach' policy and committing to the manager having full control could attract the likes of Moyes or Benitez. If Ashley doesn't do that, we're down.

Or Tim Sherwood. He'd tick many of the Ashley boxes btw.

I know :(