Steve McClaren

Dave

for the best he's gone but my god did the club ever fuck up how they went about it, leaving him hanging around in limbo for a week is a fairly shitty way to do things and frankly the time to sack him was post chelsea but better late than never

For me, he first came across as a OK bloke - but then again, after Pardew and Carver anyone would have. Did hope that he could be succesfull but it soon was plain to see that he was an awful manager. Cant hate him as much as Pardew, but very happy to see him gone. Hopefully Rafa can salvage this season. Best appointment since Sir Bobby.

Guest firetotheworks

I think he was in the fortunate position from our point of view of coming in straight after probably the most loathsome person we've ever had as our manager. Professionally he's maybe just as bad in some but definitely not all respects. The team he had definitely wasn't as good for one. Anyway, best of luck to him.

"I'm obviously very disappointed with today's decision. I appreciate any frustrations relating to the team's recent results and the club subsequently finding itself in a battle to avoid relegation, and I remain confident however that we would have stayed in the Premier league with a view to building for next season if I had remained in charge. Whilst there has been a lot of intense speculation surrounding my position over recent days, my sole priority has been to maintain my professionalism and carry on my work to best prepare the team for upcoming matches. I would like to place on record what a privilege it has been to manage Newcastle United football club, it's a great club, the embodiment of the city with great supporters. I'd also like to thank the owner, Mike Ashley and the board for giving me the opportunity to manage this club, and the staff and the players for their loyalty and their effort. For every supporter of Newcastle united I genuinely hope that the club produces results I believe they are capable of between now and the end of the season to maintain their premier league status.

Newcastle United is a club that must build for the long term to deliver what the supporters deserve, and that's success and silverware"

Very classy statement from McClaren and I do not doubt that he means all of it.

Likeable person but it did not work out for him here, I hope he is successful in his next job and have no doubt that a Championship team will be in for him in no time.

Miles apart from Pardew like, wish him well. If anything, he has made LC and MA see that this model categorically does not work, which is a huge bonus. IF we survive this season, it could be a huge turning point for us.