Steve McClaren

Dave

I assume the regularity and quantity of training is based mainly keeping the players in the best condition possible for the games, but you'd think you could do a hell of a lot of tactical work/walk throughs of tactical moves and/or set pieces on days where they should be "resting".

Or you could go buy a Ferrari.

Aye. A lot of Dalglish's dealings were rebuilding a reserve team (Brady, Serrant, Pinas, Gudjonnson (sp?), Coppinger, Robinson, etc). Obviously there were a few poor signings, but as well as the 4 who went on to be important in the Sir Bobby team, there was also Hamann who second half of the 98/99 season was probably the best midfielder I've seen here.

Think he gets a raw deal personally.

He doesn't get the shit he deserves, he set us back massively by trying to build his own team because he didn't want Keegan to get any credit if we'd won something.

Aye. A lot of Dalglish's dealings were rebuilding a reserve team (Brady, Serrant, Pinas, Gudjonnson (sp?), Coppinger, Robinson, etc). Obviously there were a few poor signings, but as well as the 4 who went on to be important in the Sir Bobby team, there was also Hamann who second half of the 98/99 season was probably the best midfielder I've seen here.

He doesn't get the s*** he deserves, he set us back massively by trying to build his own team because he didn't want Keegan to get any credit if we'd won something.

Totally agree, he dismantled a great fucking side so he could give his bindipper buddies one last payday. His only redeeming thing was the 35m he spent on Carroll.

We went from being the entertainers to dads fucking army in a matter of months because of this guy. Never forgive, never forget.

He doesn't get the s*** he deserves, he set us back massively by trying to build his own team because he didn't want Keegan to get any credit if we'd won something.

Totally agree, he dismantled a great f***ing side so he could give his bindipper buddies one last payday. His only redeeming thing was the 35m he spent on Carroll.

We went from being the entertainers to dads f***ing army in a matter of months because of this guy. Never forgive, never forget.

I'll never forget the SJP Barcelona game (...though to be fair, it was even sweeter given how low expectations were, based on how we'd been playing) and Nobby Solano (possibly my favourite ever player). I'll never forgive the dad's army jobs for the "boys" plus Des Hamilton, or Guivarc'h.

• 1 month later...

Totally agree, he dismantled a great f***ing side so he could give his bindipper buddies one last payday. His only redeeming thing was the 35m he spent on Carroll.

We went from being the entertainers to dads f***ing army in a matter of months because of this guy. Never forgive, never forget.

There is the argument that we needed to rein in spending due to moving to a Plc at the time, which tbf I think was partly accurate and something SJH made a lot of money from and escaped with not much criticism. Having said that, bringing in dads army and some shocking lower league players exposed Dalglish's bad judgement which was pretty much compounded by the mess he made at Celtic.

You set us on this path, Steve. Thanks very much.

Well, in fairness.  The rot started with Pardew.  Carver then managed to somehow make it worse :lol: 

McClaren just continued the shit work of his predecessors.

You set us on this path, Steve. Thanks very much.

Well, in fairness.  The rot started with Pardew.  Carver then managed to somehow make it worse :lol: 

McClaren just continued the s*** work of his predecessors.

Aye, he just wasn't good enough to stop it.

Late December, we'd just lost 1-0 to WBA.

Mick Lowes: "The need for a striker is obvious, though, isn't it, Steve?"

McClueless: "Well, the attitude of the players was first class today......"

Hope he rots in hell.

SMC is a decent bloke

Beg to differ. I met him professionally more than once and found him to be hugely conceited, boorish, and an arrogant, self-satisfied twat.

In my book, a small amount of arrogance (say, Roger Federer) is easily tolerable if, and only if, you can produce the goods...

His time here, for me, will be remembered as one of cognitive dissonance. Game after game we would get battered or lose, and he would come out smiling from ear to ear, telling everyone what a wonderful performance it was, and if only we'd play like this all season, we'd be fine. Well we did fucking play the same way all season, you cunt, and we're going down. Fucking wanker.

Late December, we'd just lost 1-0 to WBA.

Mick Lowes: "The need for a striker is obvious, though, isn't it, Steve?"

McClueless: "Well, the attitude of the players was first class today......"

Hope he rots in hell.

He's not dead yet, is he?

He is a complete fraud. Pardew is an odious, low moraled, tactically limited twat but; as much as I dislike the bloke he's Alex Ferguson compared to McClaren. The smirking drivel he came out with time after time following shambolic performances probably annoyed me more than Pardew's self proclaimed brilliance/ not his fault buffoonery.

In fact, McClaren's shite did annoy me more; he was trying to take us all as fools and smiling his way through out