Steve McClaren

Dave

From DCFC website...seems his usual entourage are Paul Simpson (Coach), Eric Steele (Goalkeeping Coach) & Alessandro Schoenmaker (Head Of Sports Science). Can't be worse than current lot

Who's our Head Of Sports Science? I'm guessing that would be Steve Stone.

Do we even have such a position or believe in any of the mumbo jumbo black magic stuff like Sports Science? We had some Video Analyst that has since followed Pardew to Palace.

We do have one after all....introducing John Fitzpatrick, the Sports Scientist at NUFC

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-fitzpatrick/58/915/832

From DCFC website...seems his usual entourage are Paul Simpson (Coach), Eric Steele (Goalkeeping Coach) & Alessandro Schoenmaker (Head Of Sports Science). Can't be worse than current lot

Who's our Head Of Sports Science? I'm guessing that would be Steve Stone.

Do we even have such a position or believe in any of the mumbo jumbo black magic stuff like Sports Science? We had some Video Analyst that has since followed Pardew to Palace.

We do have one after all....introducing John Fitzpatrick, the Sports Scientist at NUFC

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-fitzpatrick/58/915/832

Another 4 years of abject mediocrity to look forward to, fat man has to go to inspire change, absolutely obvious to all and sundry now.

Pretty much this; I just can't be bothered anyone with NUFC

Might be worth considering that as underwhelming as it would be, it's a significantly better appointment that Carver, Pardew, Hughton or Kinnear. It's a step in the right direction, hilariously.

Might be worth considering that as underwhelming as it would be, it's a significantly better appointment that Carver, Pardew, Hughton or Kinnear. It's a step in the right direction, hilariously.

If there's SIGNICENT outlay the next 2/3 years then fine; sadly I think nothing will change

:lol: Look at this unrepentant f***ing litterbug.

No one likes a litterbug

Why the fuck does he get rid of his tea? He'd be glad of a hot cuppa afterwards, no vision.

For what it's worth, if anyone isn't suicidal because we didn't get Klopp, Benitez, De Boer or Bielsa, some comments from Derby fans upon hearing he'd left.

Worth a read, especially considering how some of us (myself well and truly included) get pissed when fans of other clubs say "Bet you wish you had Pardew back" or "Pardew's a good manager" etc, who better to judge then the fans of the team the guy has managed:

For two of the most memorable and exciting seasons we've had this century

He rekindled my stale love for DCFC after the constant serving of mediocrity and underachieving from the previous regime and for that I thank him. Yes it turned a bit sour towards the end, but don't all break ups?

Am a bit choked up over this news.  Thanks for the memories Steve, wish you all the best

McClaren has arguably given me the greatest pleasure watching my team in just over 20 years. So for that I can only be grateful.

McClaren's time here was by far the most enjoyable football I've experienced. Gutted that it's had to end like this and without promotion but I'm pleased that the situation has been sorted out quickly. Good luck Steve and thanks for the memories.

Very upset about this decision. Thanks  Mac for beating the gumps 5-0, thanks for taking us to Wembley and thanks for rekindling my love for this great team.

Good luck :(

Minus the two or three months at the end of last season, he did a brilliant job for us. Played some great football under Mac. Disappointed to see we've let him go, a tad harsh for me.

Thanks Steve and best of luck in the future!

changed this club into an interesting one and would have been happy to give him another season

thanks for the memories, last season was the best and most enjoyable I can remember

Wish him all the best

Had the team playing great last season

We're all quick to shoot the guy down because we think we should aim higher, while Ashley's here (and let's be honest it will be for a fucking while) we're not likely to. By the sounds of their fans, they've been playing good football. With the players we've signed over the last few years all we've wanted is someone who can get them to play, and McClaren has managed abroad, he's not your typical British manager, like Pardew for instance. I'm confident that McClaren will play our better players and get them playing well. Who knows how good we could be until he's had half a season or so with them? Time will tell, but to be moaning like fuck already is a bit melodramatic.

Of course it's not inspiring but what should we, realistically, expect?

Where is this from mate??

I doubt I could get behind a manager who would accept Ashley & Co's parameters for the job. If McClaren gets the job in the wake of these 'revelations' from the Vieira talks, we know he's nothing more than a desperate never-was who's here to put up and toe the party line.

I doubt I could get behind a manager who would accept Ashley & Co's parameters for the job. If McClaren gets the job in the wake of these 'revelations' from the Vieira talks, we know he's nothing more than a desperate never-was who's here to put up and toe the party line.

Therefore, by definition any manager that agrees to work for us is terrible.

Yup, sorted.

Therefore, by definition any manager that agrees to work for us is terrible.

Yup, sorted.

Basically I'm more likely to believe the board had changed tack if Vieira got the job. If McClaren gets the job there's no reason whatsoever to believe we haven't just got an extension to the Pardew era.

I've said it before, but a lot of unjust McClaren hate here. Derby played some great stuff under him and he's clearly evolved as a manager since his smog days.