Steve McClaren

Dave

Couldn't give a shit if he players play 'out of position' for the good of the team (i.e. Ba on the left, Dummett at CB), it's when you play Gouffran, a second striker at Bordeaux, as a defensive winger, or Ryan Taylor in central midfield.

Playing players out of their preferred position is only a bad thing if it's completely ineffective.

Guest chopey

Two weeks in and nothing has happened I wonder how long before the "he's considering his position " rumours start ?

Two weeks in and nothing has happened I wonder how long before the "he's considering his position " rumours start ?

"Wants to give players a chance to prove themselves" is one i'm expecting to hear.

"Wants to give players a chance to prove themselves" is one i'm expecting to hear.

Today he said something along the lines of the board would be evaluating the current squad because they knew more about them than him.

Today he said something along the lines of the board would be evaluating the current squad because they knew more about them than him.

FML

Has McClaren even spoken to the press since his initial comments? Sure I haven't seen or read anything since the long radio interview with Pryde (was it?) Granted it's preferable to Pards' bullshit and Carver's nonsense.

Another week gone. No new players, no confirmed coaching staff.

Squad is back in training on Wednesday. :thup:

On a slightly more positive front, it does feel like the coaching stuff is close to sorted and if the media are anything to believe, we are very close to our first signing.

Of course, being close and having it over the line can feel like miles apart with this club.

I expected things to be done faster than this, and each day it drags on I get more anxious.

Despite Ashley’s promise we are now stuck with McLaren who flopped at derby, and mike has yet to loosen the purse strings.

I have not renewed my season ticket this year as nothing is going to change until Ashley sells up.

He may have flopped in his last 4 months at Derby but prior to that he did a great job.

Using that basis, Pardew did a great job when we won and flopped when we didn't.  :lol:

Spoke to my brother in law yesterday (FC Twente season ticket holder). When I told him that McClaren was now manager of Newcastle he laughed and simply said "good luck". I reminded him that he won them their first and only trophy and he replied that McClaren was working with very solid foundations which were put in place before he arrived, which suited his motivational skills, which he recognises made a big difference. He said the problem is it wears off quickly so Steve McClaren is an ideal short term appointment and not someone who should build up a club over a longer period of time. When I told him NUFC were is disarray and we have given McClaren a 3+5 year contract he laughed again, and repeated "good luck". Bodes well.

Reckon it would be viable to have  a whip round to get the new gaffer that Korean eyelid surgery? He's been living his life through a pinhole camera and become a reasonable football manager, just imagine what he could achieve if he could actually see a football match properly.