Steve McClaren

Dave

Let's not get into the whole nit picking a f***ing interview. He clearly isn't the suave dick Pardew was and whether that's a good thing or not is yet to be seen. He hasn't had enough time to be judged but he still needs to shake things up. Watford is huge for crowd pleasing and no 3 points makes it a mountain for him and more importantly NUFC to climb

McClaren has had enough time to be judged, it's too early to say he's going to turn out to be shite or not but he can and will be judged on what he's done so far, whether you like it or not.

To McLaren I propose a bold experiment to get away from the Pardew type tactics of staying in games, content to ponce around with the ball in front of the other sides defence without penetration. We should start every one of the players who can go past an opponent, that means Aarons, Obertan, Thauvin, and Perez to see what could happen if we got at teams and opened them up. We may then find we actually score more than them, resulting in us winning. What a refreshing change that would be.

I really don't think he's that far off to finding a decent recipe for us and I don't think he's trying to be defensive, either, it's just the key final execution isn't there. He simply has to see the CM issue, now. I can take Anita doing the short passing thing but having a partner who's unwilling to really come and collect the ball in a meaningful way is a killer, and because he has no guile, he doesn't open any space for forwards and then attacking players are dragged deeper and it all becomes very slow and methodical and we lose shape and focus.

Guest neesy111

More defensive than Pardew is a load of s**** like

It's not.  He's playing two DM's.

He's also playing 3 attacking midfielders.

It's pretty much the same if not more attacking. This whole 451, 4321, 4231 shit is just that...shit, anyways. Problem being the one thing NUFC doesn't have is time. So he needs to change it regardless of how much time he should reasonably be given.

It's the same boring football he played at boro, all about keeping it tight at the back and then knicking a goal.  We may try to get more control on a ball but we'll create next to fuck all.

I really want him to succeed here but if he doesn't realise his system isn't working and refuses to change it then he's going to lose his job. The Colback/Anita shield is made of fucking cardboard and it's been obvious to most on here for months. Colback needs to be dropped and change the formation to give us, and himself, a chance this season. If he persists with both of them against Watford then he may as well resign now.

Unfortunately we all know who will be sacrificed and he's not fucking ginger. Colback needs to lose his bulletproof vest.

Let's not get into the whole nit picking a f***ing interview. He clearly isn't the suave dick Pardew was and whether that's a good thing or not is yet to be seen. He hasn't had enough time to be judged but he still needs to shake things up. Watford is huge for crowd pleasing and no 3 points makes it a mountain for him and more importantly NUFC to climb

McClaren has had enough time to be judged, it's too early to say he's going to turn out to be s**** or not but he can and will be judged on what he's done so far, whether you like it or not.

You can judge him on what's happened so far but it's too early to be accurate. Which was pretty much the point I was making.

Of course he needs to shake it up though. You cannot spend that on attacking options and not be able to score.

I agree with your post but he isn't going to lose his job under any circumstances.

If we're in the bottom 6 come February then he'll lose his job imo.

What do you base that on? Not being an arse, like. Just seems highly unlikely given how early we'd be into his tenure and, obviously, recent historical events suggesting that even the worst managers are fucking bulletproof as long as they've got a contract going forward.

We'd have to be rock stoney bottom in April to see any movement in the dugout, imo. Not forgetting he's actually on the board. :lol:

This was our worst performance of the season (I didn't watch the Swansea game). It's too early to write everyone and everything off, but obviously the team/tactics he picked tonight did not work. Not acceptable.

McClaren has had enough time to be judged, it's too early to say he's going to turn out to be s**** or not but he can and will be judged on what he's done so far, whether you like it or not.

You can judge him on what's happened so far but it's too early to be accurate. Which was pretty much the point I was making.

Of course he needs to shake it up though. You cannot spend that on attacking options and not be able to score.

Agree. Today is a poor result, but also the first time we've lost with 11 men on the field. Given the actual context, not scoring in 2 games with 10 men isnt that unusual. Nor is not scoring against a Man Utd side who have had the best defensive record for a while now since Van Gaal came in.

Hopefully Mitrovic can sort himself out & id like to see Aarons given more of a chance. Lots of time to go, lets hope we can sort it.

I agree with your post but he isn't going to lose his job under any circumstances.

What do you base that on? Not being an arse, like. Just seems highly unlikely given how early we'd be into his tenure and, obviously, recent historical events suggesting that even the worst managers are fucking bulletproof as long as they've got a contract going forward.

We'd have to be rock stoney bottom in April to see any movement in the dugout, imo.

Ashley can't afford to get relegated this season. He'll do anything to avoid it and if it looks likely then we'll bin him in the hope the new bloke gets a few wins, staying up is all that has ever mattered.

What do you base that on? Not being an arse, like. Just seems highly unlikely given how early we'd be into his tenure and, obviously, recent historical events suggesting that even the worst managers are f***ing bulletproof as long as they've got a contract going forward.

We'd have to be rock stoney bottom in April to see any movement in the dugout, imo. Not forgetting he's actually on the board. :lol:

Would be an interesting board meeting where one of the directors votes to have himself sacked or not.

Seen nothing absolutly nothing on the pitch to give me any hope at all with our current formation ,ginger and anita not working and defence still shit ,offence too slow and simply not enough of wanting the ball badly enough ,no improvement anywhere on the pitch for me

What do you base that on? Not being an arse, like. Just seems highly unlikely given how early we'd be into his tenure and, obviously, recent historical events suggesting that even the worst managers are f***ing bulletproof as long as they've got a contract going forward.

We'd have to be rock stoney bottom in April to see any movement in the dugout, imo.

Ashley can't afford to get relegated this season. He'll do anything to avoid it and if it looks likely then we'll bin him in the hope the new bloke gets a few wins, staying up is all that has ever mattered.

We kind of thought that last year, but he still rolled the dice with Carver and kept the useless git in charge despite the run he went on. I doubt McClaren will go unless we fail to win a game before the new year.

It always amazes me how so many people can see what is generally the better line up, yet so many managers we´ve had the last decade doesn´t.

It so painfully obvious that we would be way better off with Gini moved further back in place of either Colback or Anita (Colback gets my vote for the bench or reserve squad), and De Jong or Perez in the hole.

I only saw the highlights and the analysis but the latter shows a chronic lack of activity in the final third. No "down to 10 men" or "away at Man U" excuse this time.

The goals conceded were both sloppy, but not especially from the back four. Mark Noble did more in the first one than our entire midfield in the whole match. In spite of us conceding all those goals last year, they are now a bigger problem than our defence.