Steve McClaren

Dave

It's clear he doesn't have faith in the players on the bench and to be perfectly honest I don't blame him.

Aye apart from Thauvin we don't have any subs that are going to be better than what's on the pitch, although Thauvin should be brought in earlier

All business needs to be done asap. We either back him with 4-5 signings or sack him and get a proper manager in with 2-3 signings.

No two ways about it, we need shitloads spending, and now!

Agree - it's do or die with odds on we'll do the latter.

It's clear he doesn't have faith in the players on the bench and to be perfectly honest I don't blame him.

Aye apart from Thauvin we don't have any subs that are going to be better than what's on the pitch, although Thauvin should be brought in earlier

Mbabu is better than Dummett, I'd say Lascelles is better than Colo.

Lacelles isn't better than Colo ffs.

Lacelles isn't better than Colo ffs.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/what-the-f-tom-delonge.gif

McClaren;

"We dominated the game, created chances but haven't scored. Spirit and effort was fantastic. As good a performance as we've had all season - controlled the game, plenty of agression and composure. Disappointed to have lost the game"

Refusing to answer the question when Lowes is asked if we are buying a centre-forward, when clearly we need one. He danced around the houses - saying that such chats were private and work was going on behind the scenes.

Sick of all of this cloak and dagger bullshit.

Gets a bye from me today. For once I agree we didn't deserve to lose. He was forced into giving Tiote a chance and decided correctly imo to stick Wijnaldum in the middle rather than out wide. We looked a lot better for it. Hopefully we won't revert to type asap.

When's Aarons back? He'll probably be s**** in the 3 x 4 minute appearances he'll be allowed to make though

Then overhyped and get injured

Absolutely. I've never missed HBA more than I do right now. :anguish:

Lascelles better than Colo  :lol:

Nice to see wor Steve is being cagey in regards to transfers coming in. Thought the club was going to start being more open and transparent about these kinds of things.

Please sign a centre back, centre forward, a winger capable of beating his man, a creative midfielder and a left back. I can envisage maybe one of those signings happening at best, and he'll probably be shite.

McClaren;

"We dominated the game, created chances but haven't scored. Spirit and effort was fantastic. As good a performance as we've had all season - controlled the game, plenty of agression and composure. Disappointed to have lost the game"

Refusing to answer the question when Lowes is asked if we are buying a centre-forward, when clearly we need one. He danced around the houses - saying that such chats were private and work was going on behind the scenes.

Sick of all of this cloak and dagger bullshit.

McClaren at the end of May:

"We dominated games throughout the season, created chances but didn't win matches. Spirit and effort was fantastic. We've played well all season - controlled the games, plenty of agression and composure. Disappointed to have been relegated"

I still think he's a coward manager, far more suited to being a lower division manager or #2 where he could sit around and draw little formations with his magnets and such. Far rather him run coaching for an academy than manage a professional football team in this league.

We look as useless as we did under Carver and under Pardew. Whether all of that is down to the footballing skills being drained out of the players or not from the past muppets in charge, or not, regardless, we're heading for the drop unless we sign some players and get some almighty intervention in the form of some dodgy penalties and sending offs in our favor.

Needs to give Thauvin a run in the team imo and ditch Colback. Focus on getting good delivery into Mitrovic and Perez, we desperately need to start scoring.

We got plenty of good deliveries in today, they just aren't going to get us many goals at this stage of their careers. Wijnaldum is our best bet for a goal by a mile

I disagree. Janmaat and Sissoko are always the players crossing and neither are particularly good at it. I saw one good delivery from each, but the rest were all just lofted into the box.

Needs to give Thauvin a run in the team imo and ditch Colback. Focus on getting good delivery into Mitrovic and Perez, we desperately need to start scoring.

We got plenty of good deliveries in today, they just aren't going to get us many goals at this stage of their careers. Wijnaldum is our best bet for a goal by a mile

I disagree. Janmaat and Sissoko are always the players crossing and neither are particularly good at it. I saw one good delivery from each, but the rest were all just lofted into the box.

If Janmaat and Sissoko aren't that good at crossing, what does that say about our left side supply line? It's fucking appalling and has been for 5 years.

[McClaren] told the Chronicle: “We have gone to places like Old Trafford and White Hart Lane and shown we can compete. That’s what we want to do.

“It’s what we have been doing over the last 11 games, apart from Leicester and Crystal Palace. We have been competing and you can’t fault the players for that.

“We have been unlucky in the last three games and we are hoping in 2016 that turns a bit.”

Man Utd wasn't in the last 11 games.

The last 11 games, apart from two of them.

That were right in the middle.

When we shipped eight goals.

It would be nice if we had more of a plan than hoping our luck changes, Mr Pardew.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/papiss-cisse-deals-newcastle-fresh-7111830?

First eight games and three points people were questioning the team. Since then we’ve had 11 games and in the last five or six they’ve been excellent. We’ve seen they’ve got the quality. We can do it. There’s 18 to go and we’ve got to start doing it.

:ben: