Steve McClaren

Dave

Ollie Bernard is scathing of McClaren in today's Chron

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-colossal-mess-players-mentally-10894743

It’s extremely disconcerting that, by the middle of February, McClaren still doesn’t know his best system or his best starting XI.

In fact, it’s comical.

I don’t think there’s any real coaching going on, that’s the most concerning thing really.

That's very true what Bernard says regarding being reliant on the odd individual, nothing suggest these lafs work for each other.

There isn't enough heat on McClaren a the minute, so he will just sail into the next fixture.

The press should be all over him, but this is a regular thing with us in the bottom and calling for every managers head, so perhaps they are finally bored with us.

I would take Brenda over Moyes any day of the week, Rafa would have to be paid an obscene amount to even consider it.

Why?

To which part?

Why would you want Rodgers over Moyes.

Moyes is in a rut, he was laughed out of Spain, laughed out of Manchester.. he found a comfort zone at Everton, who despite being mediocre have always been a far more stable club than us. I don't dislike the guy but that's no reason to want him in as a manager. Rodgers went a bit flat at Liverpool but was he really doing any worse than Klopp is now?

I don't particularly like Rodgers but I reckon his ideas may get more enthusiasm from our bunch, the rotten wasters..

Our club responds to having a larger than life personality at the helm, now neither Rodgers or Moyes fall into that category.. Rafa would be far superior but ultimately not realistic as Ashley wouldn't throw that kind of cash at something sensible..

I'm with Odin on this one, never been a huge fan of Moyes, like I said when Pardew was here I'd take him over what we've got but he seems like another manager on his way down rather than up. Wouldn't mind giving Rogers another shot but if we could get Rafa that would be a no brainer.

All stuff of dream though really as the pie man won't be getting rid of McClaren, not a chance.

Moyes is someone that needs time. He doesn't have the charisma to woo the fans back and get players performing from the start IMO. While he is superior It would be a sideways appointment. It will probably happen.

Rafa would be ideal but would never happen. Rodgers would be someone in the middle.

We will probably get turned down by Moyes and hire Redknapp.

I would maybe like us to think outside of the box and stop going for boring British managers who have no real passion or ability to motivate players. We have some fantastic players in there who just need a foot up the arse to do it regularly and we can start looking forward, get someone in who'll demand a bit of f***ing respect from these c***s. I'd personally like to see us take a punt on Jemez.

Do agree Rodgers would definitely keep us up and do OK, but nowt inspiring. He'd also blag our money on shite and Joe Allen.

Guardian reckon he's 'running out of time'.

Two more games mentioned. Farcical when there are so few left.

if ever there was an ideal time to sack a manager during a season its surely now, plenty of time to find someone and leave him with time to train with the team

I would take Brenda over Moyes any day of the week, Rafa would have to be paid an obscene amount to even consider it.

Why?

To which part?

Why would you want Rodgers over Moyes.

Moyes is in a rut, he was laughed out of Spain, laughed out of Manchester.. he found a comfort zone at Everton, who despite being mediocre have always been a far more stable club than us. I don't dislike the guy but that's no reason to want him in as a manager. Rodgers went a bit flat at Liverpool but was he really doing any worse than Klopp is now?

I don't particularly like Rodgers but I reckon his ideas may get more enthusiasm from our bunch, the rotten wasters..

Our club responds to having a larger than life personality at the helm, now neither Rodgers or Moyes fall into that category.. Rafa would be far superior but ultimately not realistic as Ashley wouldn't throw that kind of cash at something sensible..

Didn't Moyes survive a couple of close shaves with relegation in his first few years at Everton before he sorted them out eventually? Not convinced he'd bring the short term boost we probably need right now.

It's all academic. Can't see charnley ever hiring someone who actually knows about football because he'd be shown up and his position undermined in a matter of days.

'Don't want Moyes' ffs. Have a word.

If you want a solid but unspectacular manager who has failed to do what's been asked of him in his last two jobs carry on.

I'd rather hold a bit more hope about someone who can reinvent the club with positive football and turning us into something to be proud of. Moyes safety first doesn't exactly have me brining with anticipation.

'Don't want Moyes' ffs. Have a word.

If you want a solid but unspectacular manager who has failed to do what's been asked of him in his last two jobs carry on.

I'd rather hold a bit more hope about someone who can reinvent the club with positive football and turning us into something to be proud of. Moyes safety first doesn't exactly have me brining with anticipation.

I'd take moyes' hand off, personally.