Steve McClaren

Dave

Should have changed manager during the break. Shambles. We haven't got the players for a 4231 unless the opp decide to sit back. So away from home it rarely creates chances or meaningful possession. It just looks like this idiot ran out of ideas ages ago.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10189560/newcastle-can-stay-up-despite-stoke-defeat-says-steve-mcclaren?

"We have not had many away performances and we have talked a lot about that, but tonight was a good one, nice and solid and we deserved more," McClaren said. "We always talk about the process and you will get results nine times out of 10, but we did not this evening.

"We showed fantastic character with a makeshift back four, [steven] Taylor just coming back from injury was magnificent, we were very organised, worked hard up front, grew into the game and got better and better.

"We were organised, disciplined and we talked about being in a fight and they showed that this evening. If we continue like that we can turn things around and be OK.

"I thought you saw real solidity this evening, the team was unified with a real determination from them and we have talked a lot about that in the 18 days.

"We have got 12 games, now it is 11, and we need a certain amount of wins and it is all about attitude. It is not about talent, but character and fight, and they showed that tonight and together with the talent we have to move on as Saturday [against Bournemouth] is a big game now."

That was us showing fight apparently. He's off his fucking tits.

We always talk about the process and you will get results nine times out of 10, but we did not this evening.
but we're not steve. we're not getting results 90% of the time. how can. wh

The problems at this club go far deeper than McClaren, but it's time to give someone else a go at trying to get through to these players. Cue Beardsley till the end of the season.

Yes, another in house yes man must surely be the answer.

That was sarcasm btw for those of you who are still too dense to recognise it.

The absolute worst situation to be in when you have a characterless coach instead of an inspirational manager is the one we are in. The whole management of the club top to bottom is asleep.

It is not about talent, but character and fight, and they showed that tonight and together with the talent we have

Is it or is it not about talent :lol:

Character and fight FFS. Might as well get 11 blokes out of the Gallowgate. Thick cunt.

The problems at this club go far deeper than McClaren, but it's time to give someone else a go at trying to get through to these players. Cue Beardsley till the end of the season.

Yes, another in house yes man must surely be the answer.

That was sarcasm btw for those of you who are still too dense to recognise it.

A degree of irony in you not recognising what I meant by that post. I.e. we need someone new, the club will just appoint the latest in house yes man.

Aye, I never understood this about Pardew, he'd give it all this crap about battle and determination, and then the performances would just involve dozily sticking in 2 defensive banks of 4. The 'battle' needs to be about aggression, intensity and pressing as a team. Not sure an NUFC in my lifetime has ever shown those characteristics.

He will take us down without doubt.

Someone needs to just be brave and sack him, 10 games might just be enough to possibly turn things around. Raffa short term has to be considered.

Nothing at the weekend has to be dismissal.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10189560/newcastle-can-stay-up-despite-stoke-defeat-says-steve-mcclaren?

"We have not had many away performances and we have talked a lot about that, but tonight was a good one, nice and solid and we deserved more," McClaren said. "We always talk about the process and you will get results nine times out of 10, but we did not this evening.

"We showed fantastic character with a makeshift back four, [steven] Taylor just coming back from injury was magnificent, we were very organised, worked hard up front, grew into the game and got better and better.

"We were organised, disciplined and we talked about being in a fight and they showed that this evening. If we continue like that we can turn things around and be OK.

"I thought you saw real solidity this evening, the team was unified with a real determination from them and we have talked a lot about that in the 18 days.

It is not about talent, but character and fight, and they showed that tonight and together with the talent we have to move on as Saturday [against Bournemouth] is a big game now."

http://i.imgur.com/1KJaUf1.gif

I don't think the club can risk being with McClaren until we're left with 3 or 4 games left this time to change managers. There's only us, Villa, mackems and Norwich left. If one of these teams suddenly find form and go on a winning run, we'll be relegated by the time Pardew comes around in April.

Kinda hoping to lose against Bournemouth so that McClaren will look an utter doinkbag if he stayed in his job. Win and we'll probably hear 'it's 10 cup finals for us now' line coming from him. Just f*** off..

It is not about talent, but character and fight, and they showed that tonight and together with the talent we have to move on as Saturday [against Bournemouth] is a big game now."

http://i.imgur.com/1KJaUf1.gif

:lol:

Charnley and Ashley are just fucking idiots. Going on about wanting stability which is why they don't sack managers but willing to risk relegation to do so. It's just ridiculous.

They have backed a complete loser and should have binned him at Christmas

How today would be a glorious and happy day in my life if suddenly news breaks Steve McClaren has been sacked by Newcastle United. Fucking glorious until when his replacement is announced.

I've got the hate for him now. His post match ramblings are totally embarrassing as was his laughing after we got stuffed at Chelsea and that's before you mention his team and tactics.

Aye - he's doing himself no favours with his constantly repetitive and annoying patter. Penfold is too weak to intervene so we need the fat man to get involved.

I didn't expect anything last night however, Stoke were there for the taking, he should have seen it and reacted to it. If we'd got amongst it, harried them down and kept at it we'd have won. Sunderland, on the basis of their recent performances would, imo, have won last night.

How McClaren hasn't been sacked yet is astonishing.