Steve McClaren

Dave

Wonder what the players make of the club's PR department issuing statements on their behalf without their prior knowledge or consent. I'd be livid if I was them.

The club didn't issue it, as SkySports just ran with it.  Imo this has come straight from Keith Bishop.

Article on the previous page said in house PR department. :dontknow:

The first that many of the players knew about the statement, which was not issued by the club’s in-house PR department,

Ah sorry, misread. So would Bishop really issue a statement to Sky Sports without effectively anyone at the club signing it off? Seriously doubt it like.

Wonder what the players make of the club's PR department issuing statements on their behalf without their prior knowledge or consent. I'd be livid if I was them.

The club didn't issue it, as SkySports just ran with it.  Imo this has come straight from Keith Bishop.

Might well have been Bendy Wendy. She's got extensive form for just making stuff up.

Guest neesy111

The first that many of the players knew about the statement, which was not issued by the club’s in-house PR department,

Ah sorry, misread. So would Bishop really issue a statement to Sky Sports without effectively anyone at the club signing it off? Seriously doubt it like.

Yes easily.

If they go for Pearson, man.

Pearson at least has experience in dragging a team out of the relegation zone. I'm not sure Moyes or any of the other names mentioned could do it.

The problem is Pearson physically drags the team out...

I found it odd in that article that "in-house PR" was preemptively discounted as a source when few people not on the message boards were suggesting it might be anything of the sort.

The whole thing was odd anyway but we'll likely never know where Sky got it from.

Guest ElCid

If they go for Pearson, man.

Pearson at least has experience in dragging a team out of the relegation zone. I'm not sure Moyes or any of the other names mentioned could do it.

Any of the names would have more chance than the clown in charge now

To stay up we need a manager like Jose M or Rafa. Not sure Rodgers or Moyes can turn things around...

Feel sorry for Steve M. but he needs to be sacked....Tomorrow!

Why do you feel sorry for him?

dunno tbh...

Moyes is tough and no nonsense and we need that tbh. Our squad is so weak minded and soft.

The downside is that I'm not sure of his ability to set us up in a way to get the best out of our players. Didn't seem that inventive tactically in his Everton days.

Under Moyes I would still expect to see Colback in midfield, Sissoko on the right, Gouffran out wide for his hard work, Perez on the bench, Saivet AWOL etc etc etc. Hope I'm wrong though, but I'd still be incredibly worried about the use of our players.

Whoever comes in, you've got to question their sanity. The last few managers only came in because their careers were on a big downward spiral.

As unbalanced as our squad is we should still be at least mid table at the worst. Any manager with any inkling of ability should realise that and see an opportunity.

There's not a chance someone like Benitez is going to risk sullying his reputation with a prospective, and likely, relegation.

If there is an appointment it's going to have to be made with one eye on the Championship. Pearson seems the most likely option.