Steve McClaren

Dave

Not gonna lie, part of me hopes nobody wants the job. It's what the wankers deserve.

It'll be the usual farce - work our way down the list until we finally hit upon someone desperate enough to take it. Ashley hasn't appointed a single manager who would've had other options.

Pearson would be a car crash.

As if our lot would have one ounce of respect for him.

Can't stand Pearson. 

Always understood that he was the dressing room source who used to leak negative stuff to the media to undermine Keegan.  Cannot remember where I got that from but every time I hear his name, I am reminded of it.

Just thought, did notes have control over transfers at Everton? I know he had a limited budget, but not sure if he would want the 'head coach' role

notes ... hehehehehehehehe

Can't stand Pearson. 

Always understood that he was the dressing room source who used to leak negative stuff to the media to undermine Keegan.  Cannot remember where I got that from but every time I hear his name, I am reminded of it.

Pearson would be a disaster.

Just thought, did notes have control over transfers at Everton? I know he had a limited budget, but not sure if he would want the 'head coach' role

notes ... hehehehehehehehe

Sake, :lol: I phone

Moyes of old yes. Moyes now, who's a bit unsure of himself. Hmmmmm, might not command the respect from this bunch tbh.  Half of them will take 3-4 weeks to just understand him.

It'll be Pearson.

Guest Howaythetoon

Moyes would be very uninspiring. People point to 'how well' he did at Everton, but he had total control there and expectations weren't exactly high. He is a negative, defensive man and very oldskool. I would be 100% against him joining.

Rafa would be like us signing Neymar, huge! He is in the top 6 of managers in the world. He would be mad to come here though and I don't think he would even look our way. He needs full control and total backing. It will never happen under Ashley.

Rodgers would be interesting, someone capable of implementing the right kind of foundations. He is Pardew in terms of bull shit without the hateful persona, however. That said, his idea of how the game should be played and player development is light years ahead of Pardew.

Regardless....

At the moment the club needs a short term fix to keep the club up first and foremost. Moyes, Rafa et al would not work at this point in time because their methods require time which is not what we have.

Redknapp would probably keep the club up, he would energise the players, play to the better players' strengths etc. Urgh, Redknapp?!

That or go hand in cap to KK and offer him 5m to keep us up, then give him a role on the board and start fucking running the club properly. It doesn't require Carr to scout players or 80m every year, it requires sound management at all levels. Hire the right people and you ill get the right results. Hire the wrong people and well, it doesn't matter how much is spent, how many coaches are brought in or how poor the opposition is. You will eventually crumble!

Rodgers at the very least would utilise our better players I will give him that.

He will also try every formation to fit them in as best as he can.

I cannot see the likes of Colback and Gouffran featuring at all under him.

Pearson would play all the ones we hate the most. Ultra defensive backs to the wall, play all of the "hard-workers".

I imagine they might go for somebody for right now, rather than best next choice of manager. I wouldn't take issue with Moyes, or with Rogers, but have a sneaky feeling that somebody like Pearson would fit the brief. Knows the club, something to prove, doesn't suffer fools, will be cheaper, willing, and up for a fight.

Most of our players are fools, wouldn't be able to put a tean out.

In the event we go down I think Moyes would stay on. He spoke recently about maybe going to the Championship for his next job. That would be a real plus.

That's the spirit :lol:

So depressing :lol: