Steve McClaren

Dave

Love the idea of Charnley and Concur going to meet a potential manager off the train personally cos we won't pay for any other staff. Charnley's probably putting Rafa up in the spare room.

"We must keep this quiet, let's meet him at the Central." Pricks.

Love the idea of Charnley and Concur going to meet a potential manager off the train personally cos we won't pay for any other staff. Charnley's probably putting Rafa up in the spare room.

:lol: I'm not gannin on me own, I'm the Chairman ffs, Bob you're coming along as well, we can stop at Costa while we're there

Guest reefatoon

I'm finding today as painful as the Bournemouth game. We seem to take a lifetime to do anything.

Or a lifetime to do nothing.

The only logical reason to continually hire those of lesser ability is because they will accept something that more qualified candidates will not. Thats the reality.

There will be a reason we spend 80m on players, yet shy away from qualified people for positions like manager/chairman. People who are successful want to win, they care about their reputation & wont be held accountable to fans if they feel someone else is holding them back. It'll be the same logic behind avoiding anyone non-british.

Surely the most obvious solution is that he has a clear plan in terms of limiting the club, by not buying those needed to grow to avoid costs as he is not fussed about us competing. The manager must accept & be pally enough to understand that. (To go along with that they probably have to feel thankful to have even managed the job) The chairman is in place to limit the managers expectation even further, by negotiating above his head hence him not having final say on transfers. We continually fight relegation as he continually underestimates how much is needed to compete in this league & the extent of the damage he has done so far.

Hughton was sacked off because he probably had ambition beyond accepting whatever shite he was given.

Charnley close to railway tracks. What an opportunity.

Yep, and I'm sure 50,000 people would claim to have seen it and it was an accident.

Like that guy that was murdered in a pub by the IRA and 71 witnesses claimed to be in a 4ft by 3ft bathroom when it happened

It's like transfer deadline day but with something happening

:thup: Even if it doesn't result in anything at all, "Lee and Bob go to the train station" is already significantly more eventful than your standard transfer deadline day.

The only logical reason to continually hire those of lesser ability is because they will accept something that more qualified candidates will not. Thats the reality.

There will be a reason we spend 80m on players, yet shy away from qualified people for positions like manager/chairman. People who are successful want to win, they care about their reputation & wont be held accountable to fans if they feel someone else is holding them back. It'll be the same logic behind avoiding anyone non-british.

Surely the most obvious solution is that he has a clear plan in terms of limiting the club, by not buying those needed to grow to avoid costs as he is not fussed about us competing. The manager must accept & be pally enough to understand that. (To go along with that they probably have to feel thankful to have even managed the job) The chairman is in place to limit the managers expectation even further, by negotiating above his head hence him not having final say on transfers. We continually fight relegation as he continually underestimates how much is needed to compete in this league & the extent of the damage he has done so far.

Hughton was sacked off because he probably had ambition beyond accepting whatever shite he was given.

I'm sure that is the reason.  But once you decide you need to spend £80m on players to avoid relegation due to that policy (and even then you're still going down) you're no longer keeping costs down.  If they accept that the manager is the problem, then the only option has to be break with the current policy on spineless managers?  Probably giving them too much credit in the brains department though.