Steve McClaren

Dave

Guest chopey

I suspect Benítez will not commit himself right now, since the Spain slot will be open after the Euros and he certainly would be a frontrunner if he is up for it.

A bag full of money for a 10 game stint could suit all concerned

I suspect Benítez will not commit himself right now, since the Spain slot will be open after the Euros and he certainly would be a frontrunner if he is up for it.

Spain or 19th in the table Newcastle. He'll have to spend ages deliberating over that one

A bag full of money for a 10 game stint could suit all concerned

I can see us doing that. Then when Benitez keeps us up, we reemploy McClaren in the summer.

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/story/2016-03-07/mcclaren-under-pressure/

"I've been looking at the list of managers who are available and they haven't impressed me. They have to find someone exciting to motivate the players and the fans and there's only one man.

Newcastle United is a big club and it needs to think big. At times like this we have to be bold, it's a gamble either way, so let's gamble with the best.

Jose Mourinho would give the club a lift, like Keegan did in my day. They need to sell the club to him, to persuade him to come, even if it's just for 10 games this season."

– SIR JOHN HALL

"I've been looking at the list of managers who are available and they haven't impressed me. They have to find someone exciting to motivate the players and the fans and there's only one man.

Newcastle United is a big club and it needs to think big. At times like this we have to be bold, it's a gamble either way, so let's gamble with the best.

Jose Mourinho would give the club a lift, like Keegan did in my day. They need to sell the club to him, to persuade him to come, even if it's just for 10 games this season."

– SIR JOHN HALL

Good luck with that :lol:

Guest chopey

Nobody literally NOBODY at the club will have his number or his email or even the ability to contact him in any way.

– SIR JOHN HALL

What a mug :lol:

Just read that the board met today in York without McClaren, he is expected to take training as normal then will meet afterwards with Charnley & co to learn of his fate.

Guess tomorrow will be the day he's axed.

Another day of anticipation.

Hope it's a decent replacement, or an immediate one. Wouldn't be best pleased with Cathro & Simpson taking us to Leicester, or even worse the Derby,surley they have to move asap.

Just read that the board met today in York without McClaren, he is expected to take training as normal then will meet afterwards with Charnley & co to learn of his fate.

Guess tomorrow will be the day he's axed.

Another day of anticipation.

Hope it's a decent replacement, or an immediate one. Wouldn't be best pleased with Cathro & Simpson taking us to Leicester, or even worse the Derby,surley they have to move asap.

Can't see them sacking him and then leaving them 2 in charge. That would be a carbon copy of last season when Pardew left but we let his coaching team takeover and look how that went.

If, and its a big if, he is sacked tomorrow, I would hope a new manager to be appointed by the weekend.

– SIR JOHN HALL

Its a bit far fetched for our current situation, but that attitude is the same that had us go for a Barcelona manager who ended up joining us years later. Id far rather an owner/chairman who dreamed the impossible & wanted to raise our club higher than it currently is. Rather than the current lot who do nothing but talk it down. Peoples view of the club is what you make it, the owner/chairman/manager sets the vision & expectation. You can create an impressive one with belief in your club, or laugh off your chances.

Stoke just signed a champions league winner & West Ham bought a player who created more chances than any other in Europe's top 5 leagues. Both players have played their part in beating us this season. Its a shame for us they didnt write off their chances in advance. We should be going for the best managers we can, because why not? Sell the club to them. Get rejected. Tell them they were wrong to say no. What do you have to lose dreaming big?

– SIR JOHN HALL

I'd be slightly concerned he's never won at SJP.

– SIR JOHN HALL

This is all very obvious and very basic.

Mourinho is always the level and type of Manager that should be at Newcastle United, but that is obviously not what Ashley believes, thinks, or wants.

Under Ashley, that is also what an awful lot of Newcastle United supporters (particularly the younger ones who have known nothing better) have come to believe and accept - Managers like Mourinho are now TOTALLY out of our reach.

Ashley's total obsession with "aiming for 4th bottom" every season has infected the club and many of us supporters so comprehensively, that many of us can never imagine anything better!

It wasn't very long ago, the Bobby Robson and Kevin Keegan eras, but it might as well be 100 years ago.

If we do really well for the rest of the season, and fulfil Ashley's ambition (and therefore stay up) we can expect pretty much the same again next season, no matter who the manager is.

Reality really hurts (well, it hurts me) but I don't expect everyone to agree. People have almost forgotten . . . . .