Steve McClaren

Dave

The fact they are even discussing it concerns me, it should be a no brainer.

You can't rush into a decision like this. Charnaz kna's what he's deein.

I suspect Charnley has other concerns.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/breakingbad/images/a/a2/Daniel_Wormald_Cobbler.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160228232440

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/story/2016-03-07/mcclaren-under-pressure/

"I've been looking at the list of managers who are available and they haven't impressed me. They have to find someone exciting to motivate the players and the fans and there's only one man.

Newcastle United is a big club and it needs to think big. At times like this we have to be bold, it's a gamble either way, so let's gamble with the best.

Jose Mourinho would give the club a lift, like Keegan did in my day. They need to sell the club to him, to persuade him to come, even if it's just for 10 games this season."

– SIR JOHN HALL

This is all very obvious and very basic.

Mourinho is always the level and type of Manager that should be at Newcastle United, but that is obviously not what Ashley believes, thinks, or wants.

Under Ashley, that is also what an awful lot of Newcastle United supporters (particularly the younger ones who have known nothing better) have come to believe and accept - Managers like Mourinho are now TOTALLY out of our reach.

Ashley's total obsession with "aiming for 4th bottom" every season has infected the club and many of us supporters so comprehensively, that many of us can never imagine anything better!

It wasn't very long ago, the Bobby Robson and Kevin Keegan eras, but it might as well be 100 years ago.

If we do really well for the rest of the season, and fulfil Ashley's ambition (and therefore stay up) we can expect pretty much the same again next season, no matter who the manager is.

Reality really hurts (well, it hurts me) but I don't expect everyone to agree. People have almost forgotten . . . . .

Unfortunately, SJH had faded from the scene when it came to running the club when Shepherd fired Robson. SBR was SJH's  appointment, he wanted him from Barca when KK left in 1997 and despite opposition from Shepherd & Co, pushed for him to get the job in 1999. If Sir John had still been active in club affairs in 2004, it is hard to imagine that he wouldn't have asked SBR to join the board and for advice on a successor, in which case Mourinho would have been a likely choice.

All ancient history now and although it IS possible to see Jose taking the job on a 10 match basis if paid enough and left to run things, it is impossible to imagine this being in in the minds of the pygmies running the club.

Also, there is virtually NO chance of Mourinho getting involved after the end of the season, he is almost certainly bound for OT.

Very few available managers are going to be capable of keeping the club up now.

"I've been looking at the list of managers who are available and they haven't impressed me. They have to find someone exciting to motivate the players and the fans and there's only one man.

Newcastle United is a big club and it needs to think big. At times like this we have to be bold, it's a gamble either way, so let's gamble with the best.

Jose Mourinho would give the club a lift, like Keegan did in my day. They need to sell the club to him, to persuade him to come, even if it's just for 10 games this season."

– SIR JOHN HALL

Good luck with that :lol:

"Lee has been trying to contact Jose non stop over the past 48 hours but he never seems to answer his phone."

For the link he had with SBR and almost being groomed to take over here after Bobby retired (Shepherd put a stop to that one), I've always thought he might manage here some day 9not under Ashley but perhaps the next owner). He was always fairly respectful to the fans here. I reckon his ego would convince him to come.. winning something here would easily trump anything he's done previously.

A pipe dream for sure.

– SIR JOHN HALL

Good luck with that :lol:

"Lee has been trying to contact Jose non stop over the past 48 hours but he never seems to answer his phone."

Should ask Joe Kinnear if he has the right number.

For the link he had with SBR and almost being groomed to take over here after Bobby retired (Shepherd put a stop to that one), I've always thought he might manage here some day 9not under Ashley but perhaps the next owner). He was always fairly respectful to the fans here. I reckon his ego would convince him to come.. winning something here would easily trump anything he's done previously.

A pipe dream for sure.

I think if Man Utd had beat Porto in that quarter final he'd have come in as Robson's assistant that summer.

You lot. :lol:

FUCK ALL IS HAPPENING

They just fancied a trip away then?

Maybe Concur just wanted to do a few brass rubbings at the Minster?

'Very gooooood'

'.www....what the fuu?!?'

Going to sleep with dreams of Benitez.

Will wake up to the reality of Pearson (or worse, McClaren).

Almost nailed on to be Arry imo. Another disgusting waste of money and time. There are very few realistic options without changing the entire set up and system they adamantly believe in. If its true and Charnley has the final say he is hardly going to sack the guy that he put his support by. It's essentially falling on his own sword. Simply put we won't either change enough or spend enough to get someone decent enough for this club and it's support.

I think people are being unfair on Pearson who basically set Leicester up for this season. He gave Mahrez and Vardy lots of playing time when they were not producing goals and assists every week. He also brought in Huth. The thing I would question, along with Moyes, Benitez or whoever, is his ability to take the unmotivated and unorganised jumble of talented and untalented players we have and immediately start getting them to produce enough extra to get results.

We're clearly going down with McClaren, so we have to take a punt on someone. If it were me, I'd give Rafa till the end of the season and offer him say a two million bonus for keeping us up. Aim high for a good manager and set it up as a no-lose situation for them.

fwiw, I also thought that Bobby Robson applied for the job by himself, rather than being asked to do it. I think John Hall is rewriting history by saying he wanted him and went out to get him.

fwiw, I also thought that Bobby Robson applied for the job by himself, rather than being asked to do it. I think John Hall is rewriting history by saying he wanted him and went out to get him.

He was at Barcelona the first time we tried to get him.

Guest chopey

I'm just 're reading his after match quotes " I fully believe what we are doing is right" WTF how have we getting to Tuesday with this bloke still in charge ? He should have been sacked on Saturday night with the coaching staff put in charge the way this is dragging on is embarrassing for everyone concerned and smacks of total amateurs running the club into the ground it's honestly like charnley doesn't have a clue what to do and he's running around like a headless chicken. I get the feeling Ashley is just giving him enough rope now and charnley I'd taking every inch of it

I'm just 're reading his after match quotes " I fully believe what we are doing is right" WTF how have we getting to Tuesday with this bloke still in charge ? He should have been sacked on Saturday night with the coaching staff put in charge the way this is dragging on is embarrassing for everyone concerned and smacks of total amateurs running the club into the ground it's honestly like charnley doesn't have a clue what to do and he's running around like a headless chicken. I get the feeling Ashley is just giving him enough rope now and charnley I'd taking every inch of it

where have you been? :lol:

It will be someone British, can't see them going for a forrin at all.

It's going to be Redknapp or Pearson and we will be no further forward

Still think this is best case scenario at the moment. If we stay up, we might be lucky and see the rest of the board go. Of the two I'd sooner have Harry because I think he'd happily come in, grab the money and bugger off, whereas we'd no doubt keep Pearson.

where have you been? :lol:

Chopey's just realised :lol:

'How lads, been having a think and I reckon this Charnley bloke might be a bit out of his depth'

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/breakingbad/images/a/a2/Daniel_Wormald_Cobbler.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160228232440

Awesome comparison to the idiot criminal on Better Call Saul.

:lol:

:lol: