Steve McClaren

Dave

I don't hate him, in the way I hated Pardew. But sadly he was just not good enough. Hope it isn't too late.

^ same for me. Wanted him to do well, just not up to the task.

Lets hope the next man is.

I'd just quit and do them for unfair dismissal. He'd get a hell of a lot more than his contract paying up.

I'm surprised he hasn't wound his window down at started mouthing off to the press, actually.

Has he been on another planet all week?  He's learned that he's losing his job from the media, welcome to last week.  :lol:

:lol: Exactly what I thought! His name has been mud all week man. I'm pretty damn sure it hasn't all just come to his attention today.

Guest The Little Waster

Steve McClaren is understood to have been dismissed by Newcastle United. The Magpies told McClaren to get on with the job during in the aftermath of the 3-1 defeat against AFC Bournemouth. He left the training ground at 2pm before learning via media reports he was set to be replaced. McClaren has taken training despite masses of speculation that Rafa Benitez was about to take his job as boss of the Magpies. The Chronicle understands that McClaren was not told face to face by managing director Lee Charnley that he has been relieved of his duties and learned of his departure via the media. McClaren had won just six games from 28 in the Premier League. However, the problems run deeper than just the head coach at Newcastle and McClaren has had little or no say in recruitment with just Andros Townsend and Jonjo Shelvey believed to be the choices of the ex-England boss. McClaren has been forced to fight on for his job without a recognised and proven Premier League goalscorer. Talks with Benitez have been ongoing this week but the Spaniard has requested full control of transfers and wants to bring in his own staff. United will have to negotiate a pay off with McClaren and could have to pay his contract up to 2018. Newcastle were unavailable comment when the news broke that McClaren’s time was up.

- Lee Ryder, Chronicle chief sports writer

The way he has been treated over all of this is appalling like.

He's a lucky cunt to be getting paid for the shit job he's done. We're still going to be paying him for the rest of his contract as well. He can fuck off.