Joey Barton

stozo

Honestly can't fathom how this thread even exists. He wasn't even bad today. He was just mediocre - out of shape, out of position, and playing in a disjointed team that's never the same and is in a bad patch. Madness.

Expect Dr Spectrum on here to tell us he's always been shit and he was never that good for City.

To be fair to Dr S I think we would be speaking exactly the same if Barton had left us to go to City in the same circumstances and the comments from JB since.

He was alright. One of our best attacking players. But we were shite. We didn't score 7 goals from open play at home last season cos he's the 2nd coming of Maradona.

Think he's a proper cunt tho.

A wide position doesn't suit him at all, because he lacks pace, and there were times when he was trying things that weren't really on.

Even allowing for his time out, I was expecting him to look a bit sharper. He's way off the pace. Hopefully it's just a fitness thing.

On the positive side, he showed some moments of pure class, particularly when things slowed down a bit in the second half.

May well be in bother with the FA over his 'challenge' according to SSN.

Trial by media for us again then.

It was his own stupid fault. If he received a red card for it I don't think any of us could actually complain.

You know, it's funny that Barton is now being excused because he's lacking fitness. I seem to remember a certain Spaniard also desperately lacking fitness :razz:

Apparently not the saviour we all thought he would be.

Have to say not been at all impressed with him in the last 3 games.

Complete and utter prat.

Honestly can't fathom how this thread even exists. He wasn't even bad today. He was just mediocre - out of shape, out of position, and playing in a disjointed team that's never the same and is in a bad patch. Madness.

Just about used the words I wanted to.

Just staggering attitude.

I woudl agree, that first half he was atrocious. Every part of his game was very sub-standard.

What I lied though was that he didnt go missing because of it and I felt he imporoved the 2nd half an especially after their goal, he seemed a bit more mobile and tried to link up play better.

3 games though... for fucks sake man.

Complete and utter prat.

He loses every ounce of humanity as soon as he steps onto the pitch... absolute maniac. That said though, i like him.

Expect Dr Spectrum on here to tell us he's always been s*** and he was never that good for City.

To be fair to Dr S I think we would be speaking exactly the same if Barton had left us to go to City in the same circumstances and the comments from JB since.

He was alright. One of our best attacking players. But we were s****. We didn't score 7 goals from open play at home last season cos he's the 2nd coming of Maradona.

Think he's a proper c*** tho.

Really man, rot. Nobody is intrerested in your dull patter. Just stick to your MCFC board.

Complete and utter prat.

He loses every ounce of humanity as soon as he steps onto the pitch... absolute maniac. That said though, i like him.

Well I thought we needed the Barton that everyone thinks he is out there today. We didnt have anyone out there really clattering them and getting stuck in. We didnt rough them up nearly enough as they did to us.

Not match fit, and out of position, and to be honest we may have been better with someone in his place, but I see potential, ie he was the only one of midfielders to successfully pass the ball forwards all game.

For a few brief spells in the second half, he did seem to get a little grip on the game when he drifted centrally.

I was a bit disappointed with Barton today. I was expecting big things given his time to improve fitness this week. I still think he'll be a big player for us.

There is a general feeling (which I'm in agreement with) that we'll need a playmaker (be it Riquelme or whoever) soon. It'll be interesting to see how he'll fit with Barton/Emre/Butt going forward.

You would think that Sam would play a holding midfielder and a playmaker - neither of which fit Bartons natural tendency to move up and down the pitch throughout the game. He's a box to box player - I'm not too sure how that'll fit in should we sign a playmaker?

Food for thought I suppose?

Guest Rodimus Prime

He's clearly not fully fit ffs. Gave the ball away a lot which was worrying. He did pick up for the last 30 mins or so though. He needs games and time.

Guest eyeball_tickler

Sums this forum up thought really "Well 3 games in and what the f*** has he done!!!".

basically. if this board was up and running when shearer first signed and didnt score for 2 games, he'd have been written off as a waste of money.