Arshavin linked again

NSG

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/2007/12/06/arshavin-i-m-keen-on-toon-89520-20210406/

ARSHAVIN: I'M KEEN ON TOON

EXCLUSIVE

06/12/2007

Related Articles

More News

Sport pictures

Newcastle target Andrei Arshavin admits he would love to play in the Premier League.

The Russia skipper was part of the Zenit St Petersburg team which faced Everton in the UEFA Cup last night, but it may have been his last game for his home-town club.

After helping Zenit become Russian champions last month, the 26-year-old playmaker feels ready for a new challenge - and would welcome an approach from the Magpies.

Arshavin (right) said: "Of course I would like to play in England.

Advertisement

"In Russia as well as England they are talking about Newcastle being interested in me but nobody has said anything to me and there has been no concrete offer. In principle if they made an offer I would be interested."

We need to get in there now and get a pre-signed agreement so on the 1st of jan he is ours or a team like West-ham or Spurs will nip in there and steal him from under our noses. Arshavin is a quality player a player we desperately need at Newcastle.

Guest Brazilianbob

Played well against Everton last night apparently.

Arshavin and Tomaschuk both were superb against everton last night, if the report in the Liverpool Echo is anything to go by, get them both i say!

He was s****.

:lol:

:shifty: I thought you'd bite.

He played okay but nowhere near as good as the papers seem to be making out today. A few of his through balls were excellent but generally we kept him under wraps. He had real trouble dealing with Lescott but made a mug of Jagielka a couple of times, he was pretty shit and the sooner Yobo is back the better.

Tymoschuk was average. He dropped back to centre half for a while after their man had been sent off and just fouled McFadden constantly but got away with it. He was obviously better in midfield but nothing special.

• 3 months later...

Just had a canny game in Zenit's demolition of Leverkusen, scored one and created two. Looks a very decent talent however as David 'Good Evening Everyone' Pleat pointed out he doesn't seem to have the best work ethic ie. slightly lazy.

Would still have him though!!!

Just had a canny game in Zenit's demolition of Leverkusen, scored one and created two. Looks a very decent talent however as David 'Good Evening Everyone' Pleat pointed out he doesn't seem to have the best work ethic ie. slightly lazy.

Would still have him though!!!

Didn't watch the game tonight but I'm surprised about this 'lazy' tag.

Thats not how I would describe him based on the 10 or so games I've seen him in.

Did he have a valid point or is the old bastard losing his marbles/mixing him with a 6ft 5 black centre half?

Hard to say really cos Zenit's attack pissed all over Bayern's defence and totaly outclassed them in midfield. Must say he seemed to put in a shift when England played Russia twice!!!

Guest Flair

When zenit were 3-0 down in the last round, he was superb and zenit went through in the end due to a late away goal which he scored in the first leg.

Guest wheatley74

he looks quite promising, a bit like shevchenko when he was good. also that defender CELLULAR from rangers looks good. KEEGAN AND MCDERMOTT were at ibrox tonight, maybe watching him. remember the last time we bought a defender from rangers, say no more.

he looks quite promising, a bit like shevchenko when he was good. also that defender CELLULAR from rangers looks good. KEEGAN AND MCDERMOTT were at ibrox tonight, maybe watching him. remember the last time we bought a defender from rangers, say no more.

Spanish AND ex-Rangers.

OMG WE'VE GOT BOUMCELINO!!!!11