TRAGIC NEWS

jackyboy

Big Sam has blocked a move by Glen Roeder to take Ameobi on loan. Sam said "Shola is going nowhere, he is very much a part of my plans"  etc................

Oh s***

:kasper:

sad morning for NUFC fans

Big Sam has blocked a move by Glen Roeder to take Ameobi on loan. Sam said " We don't have enough strikers to be loaning off right now, since we're losing martins in the ACN and with owen being injured. We're not in any position to be loaning players"  etc................

We have only Viduka and Smith who can play in Striker roles, and i dare to say Viduka will miss about 3 out of every 5 matches.

Since we will be having like eight games in december, with owen out injured now and smith not really performing in the striker role, martins will be the only one who could do the job for us.

The conclusion is, we are fked. :lol:

Oh i forgot to mention Ameobi, he's useless anyways ; lets bring back carl cort.

you're forgetting Carr and Baba are back, both infinitely more attractive striking propositions than ameobi

if only because that will ensure they arent in our backline

Given Owen's injury, Viduka's inevitable injury, and Martins disappearing off to Africa... it's probably best to hang onto him for a while

"He's in my plans"  =  "If i get rid of him now, i could well be fucked by January"

Ameobi goes out on loan

Scunthorpe United have taken teenage Leeds striker Tomi Ameobi on loan until 6 January.

The 19-year-old academy product made his Leeds debut in the Carling Cup tie at Portsmouth earlier this season.

Leeds manager Dennis Wise is hoping Ameobi will gain valuable first team experience from the loan move to Glanford Park.

Scunthorpe have also taken young duo Simon Ainge and Tom Penford on trial from League Two side Bradford City.

--------------------

Cracking signing for Scunny.

Ameobi goes out on loan

Scunthorpe United have taken teenage Leeds striker Tomi Ameobi on loan until 6 January.

The 19-year-old academy product made his Leeds debut in the Carling Cup tie at Portsmouth earlier this season.

Leeds manager Dennis Wise is hoping Ameobi will gain valuable first team experience from the loan move to Glanford Park.

Scunthorpe have also taken young duo Simon Ainge and Tom Penford on trial from League Two side Bradford City.

--------------------

Cracking signing for Scunny.

Quite funny that, sending a player out on loan to gain first team experience to a team in a higher division!  bluelaugh.gif

From today's Smoggie Rag:

Nov 19 2007 Evening Gazette

GARETH Southgate will continue to press Newcastle United in his bid to prise away Shola Ameobi.

With just six weeks remaining before the January transfer window opens, Southgate is keen to line up a new striker as soon as possible.

The potential loss of Mido on African Nations Cup duty exacerbates Southgate’s need to find a new front runner.

Southgate’s interest in Ameobi is no secret. The Evening Gazette revealed that the Boro boss tried to sign the 26-year-old Nigerian-born player before the summer transfer window closed.

That’s why he has resurrected his interest in good time for the new window opening, and he will maintain regular contact with Newcastle.

Magpies boss Sam Allardyce has not been playing Ameobi, but seems determined to hold on to the player at this stage, especially as Michael Owen is injured again.

In addition, Big Sam will lose Obafemi Martins on African Nations Cup duty in January.

Allardyce has already stopped a potential loan deal for Ameobi to go to Norwich City.

Allardyce insisted: “Shola is going absolutely nowhere. He remains very much a part of my plans and we are not interested in selling him in January.

“Shola is a very talented player who has an important role to play in the

squad. He has been frustrated because he has not really had a chance to show me what he can do, but I know what he is capable of.

“The only reason he has not been involved recently is because he has been injured.

“Shola was still recovering from a serious hip injury at the end of last season and, although he has done that now, he has picked up a few problems which have held him back.

“It’s not been easy for him but he’s training properly again and he will be involved in the next few weeks.”

Lets hope they get him  :celb:

What is it with all the hatred towards Shola here?

May I remind you that at the beginning of last season, and the end of the 2005/06 season, he was our main goalscorer.

I hope you have a tin hat at the ready for the abuse that is about to come your way.............