Newcastle United 0 vs Liverpool 3 - 24/11/07 - Post match reaction from page 19

James

Guest Mcdonald36

The booing was a disgrace, TBH. It started so early that the players were f****** terrified by the end.

Don't expect the players to get any favours. They need to get the fans out of their seats and they will then be repaid with proper support...They need to show that they deserve to be supported tbh...

I understand all that, it was shocking. But at 0-2 all we needed was a goal and we were right back in it. It seemed the crowd were enjoying the booing more than driving the team on.

My opinion is that as we are known as a sacking club and Big fat useless Sam knows that.  He is making himself appear to be incompetant so that he gets sacked, paid off his contract and gets to take the now vacant England job.

His team choice today was suspect but, his substitutions were laughable.  Emre for Barton after a few minutes of the second half?  Zog for Milner (Left winger on the left for a right winger to play out of position!) and then to cap it off take off a left back to replace him with an old, fat useless right back who is far from fit to face one of the quickest right wingers in the Premiership (Babble).

Let him go and get someone like Moriniho in who does know what he is doing.

Todays substitutions are possibly the most baffling I've ever seen.  We were getting beat and not a single substitution was going to change anything, bringing on Carr is possibly my low point of the season but the others were almost as bad.  We were getting totally outplayed and went like for like when our game was crying out for something different, that isn't what I expect to see from somebody who is supposed to be tactically aware..

I agree, Carr is a fuckin shite RB so SA bring him on as a LB. I just cant understand his thinking behind the subs.

My opinion is that as we are known as a sacking club and Big fat useless Sam knows that.  He is making himself appear to be incompetant so that he gets sacked, paid off his contract and gets to take the now vacant England job.

His team choice today was suspect but, his substitutions were laughable.  Emre for Barton after a few minutes of the second half?  Zog for Milner (Left winger on the left for a right winger to play out of position!) and then to cap it off take off a left back to replace him with an old, fat useless right back who is far from fit to face one of the quickest right wingers in the Premiership (Babble).

Todays substitutions are possibly the most baffling I've ever seen.  We were getting beat and not a single substitution was going to change anything, bringing on Carr is possibly my low point of the season but the others were almost as bad.  We were getting totally outplayed and went like for like when our game was crying out for something different, that isn't what I expect to see from somebody who is supposed to be tactically aware..

I agree, Carr is a fuckin shite RB so SA bring him on as a LB. I just cant understand his thinking behind the subs.

The Carr one was the only understandable one.  Last two home games Enrique has looked like a liability.  He's still far too casual with the ball

The Carr one was the only understandable one.  Last two home games Enrique has looked like a liability.  He's still far too casual with the ball

Tbf, he was getting bummed by Babel, but we'd already lost. The whole thing was futile.

I think the heat is on Big Sam and Mort, I think we should still give Sam time if we don't have some one with big name (CL winning manager) having said this we are awefull and we need to chnage things dramaicllly the way Sam makes his subs and formation are a joke. Something needs to be address and it should be fast. One thing it really surprises me is why people says we need to give him time. Wenger morurniho and bentize made instance success and we need that sort of manager to be successful. 

I think the heat is on Big Sam and Mort, I think we should still give Sam time if we don't have some one with big name (CL winning manager) having said this we are awefull and we need to chnage things dramaicllly the way Sam makes his subs and formation are a joke. Something needs to be address and it should be fast. One thing it really surprises me is why people says we need to give him time. Wenger morurniho and bentize made instance success and we need that sort of manager to be successful. 

He surprises himself.

Absoloutely pathetic, school boy stuff at times. I was shocked at how shit we were, and that takes some doing, we've played shite before under Sam but that is the worst performance by far for a long time. Unacceptable , dreading the Arsenal game now.  :-[

Absoloutely pathetic, school boy stuff at times. I was shocked at how shit we were, and that takes some doing, we've played shite before under Sam but that is the worst performance by far for a long time. Unacceptable , dreading the Arsenal game now.  :-[

Never!

Agreed, let's not bother with Blackburn.

Saw the final two minutes of the game. There was this one little instance where Barton picked the ball up on the left, ran at Babel and totally skinned him. Looked good, quick.

Yet for their 3rd goal, Babel totally skinned Nicky Butt, who is far too overated by most and a key factor in what is going wrong. Reliance on cloggers like him is a recipe for disaster!

NEWCASTLE United boss Sam Allardyce admitted his side had hit rock bottom in the defeat against Liverpool, then declared: "We have to get ourselves out of it."

United crumbled to a 3-0 defeat against the powerful Merseysiders at St. James' Park on top of the 4-1 beating by Portsmouth in the last home game, and Allardyce said: "We are in a difficult period at the moment and that has escalated into disappointing performances.

"We are very disappointed as a group of players that we have basically gone out and really not done the job that we are expected to do.

"Twice on the trot now the performances have been under par. And we have to put that right as quickly as possible.

"We have to dig in and make sure we get ourselves out of this particular predicament. We've hit rock bottom at the minute and we've got to get ourselves out of it. There's only us that can do it, and that's by sticking together and getting a lot more players fit and showing a lot more grit and determination.

"That was missing today, particularly after the second goal went in, and that's hugely disappointing."

Big Sam said he "had to point a few things out" in the post-match dressing-room inquest then added: "We've got to take it on the chin and get together and make sure we get out of what is a bad run.

"Of course, I never thought it was going to be easy against Liverpool with the injuries we had. We had a containing first half, then Stevie G pops up with an unstoppable free-kick.

"But then the real disappointing thing was that after the reorganising of the team at half-time we concede a stoppable goal. And our heads went down.

"At the moment we are not getting results so the pressure comes - we have to withstand that pressure and turn it round as quickly as we can."

Saw the final two minutes of the game. There was this one little instance where Barton picked the ball up on the left, ran at Babel and totally skinned him. Looked good, quick.

Yet for their 3rd goal, Babel totally skinned Nicky Butt, who is far too overated by most and a key factor in what is going wrong. Reliance on cloggers like him is a recipe for disaster!

Why single Butt out? He's not a KEY factor in what is going wrong at all. I'd much rather have him in the team than Emre, Smith or Geremi at the moment.

NEWCASTLE United boss Sam Allardyce admitted his side had hit rock bottom in the defeat against Liverpool, then declared: "We have to get ourselves out of it."

United crumbled to a 3-0 defeat against the powerful Merseysiders at St. James' Park on top of the 4-1 beating by Portsmouth in the last home game, and Allardyce said: "We are in a difficult period at the moment and that has escalated into disappointing performances.

"We are very disappointed as a group of players that we have basically gone out and really not done the job that we are expected to do.

"Twice on the trot now the performances have been under par. And we have to put that right as quickly as possible.

"We have to dig in and make sure we get ourselves out of this particular predicament. We've hit rock bottom at the minute and we've got to get ourselves out of it. There's only us that can do it, and that's by sticking together and getting a lot more players fit and showing a lot more grit and determination.

"That was missing today, particularly after the second goal went in, and that's hugely disappointing."

Big Sam said he "had to point a few things out" in the post-match dressing-room inquest then added: "We've got to take it on the chin and get together and make sure we get out of what is a bad run.

"Of course, I never thought it was going to be easy against Liverpool with the injuries we had. We had a containing first half, then Stevie G pops up with an unstoppable free-kick.

"But then the real disappointing thing was that after the reorganising of the team at half-time we concede a stoppable goal. And our heads went down.

"At the moment we are not getting results so the pressure comes - we have to withstand that pressure and turn it round as quickly as we can."

Yep, clearly the fault of the players (which he bought). Nowt to do with the tactics or formation, or substitutions.