Owen back in under a month

NSG

SAM Allardyce says that sidelined star Michael Owen will not be missing for the six-week period first feared and is confident that the United striker will be back in action before Christmas.

The 27-year-old's season has been disrupted by niggling injuries having only returned from cruciate ligament damage at the end of last term.

And the latest problem - a torn thigh muscle sustained during England's recent friendly in Austria - had threatened to keep Owen confined to the treatment room until the New Year.

But Toon boss Allardyce has revealed that he is hopeful of seeing Owen back in black and white sooner rather than later.

"We feel we have speeded up the process and it's going to be a little quicker than we first thought so that's really good news," Big Sam told Newcastle World TV.

"We will only bring him back when he is 100% and will not rush him.

"But we think it's going to be a lot less than six weeks."

SAM Allardyce says that sidelined star Michael Owen will not be missing for the six-week period first feared and is confident that the United striker will be back in action before Christmas.

The 27-year-old's season has been disrupted by niggling injuries having only returned from cruciate ligament damage at the end of last term.

And the latest problem - a torn thigh muscle sustained during England's recent friendly in Austria - had threatened to keep Owen confined to the treatment room until the New Year.

But Toon boss Allardyce has revealed that he is hopeful of seeing Owen back in black and white sooner rather than later.

"We feel we have speeded up the process and it's going to be a little quicker than we first thought so that's really good news," Big Sam told Newcastle World TV.

At which point he should be wrapped in cotton wool awaiting sale and despatch on 1st January.

At which point he should be wrapped in cotton wool awaiting sale and despatch on 1st January.

I can't see anyone willing to take a risk on him for what we'd demand.  He's not going anywhere.

I can't see anyone willing to take a risk on him for what we'd demand.  He's not going anywhere.

TBH nor can I.  It brings forward the spectre of him spending most of his time on the treatment table waiting for his contract to run out so he can leave on a Bosman.  If he had a conscience he'd........................... ok, he hasn't got a conscience.

i see he's public enemy number 1 again.

he's still our most important player  :thup:

hes always been my public enemy number 1

hes no where near our most important player

never looked interested again this season and he wont score more than 15 goals again in his career whether its here or for another club

hope the little wanker stays injured if this will be how martins will keep his place

I wish we'd pass balls to his feet to see if he truly is that important.  Lobbing high balls in to him isn't fare, I'll admit.  Give him the proper service and if he's lost his scoring touch, he will be public enemy #1. 

never looked interested again this season and he wont score more than 15 goals again in his career whether its here or for another club

hope the little w****** stays injured if this will be how martins will keep his place

Bit harsh there, Kev. 

Guest The Libertine

I wish we'd pass balls to his feet to see if he truly is that important.  Lobbing high balls in to him isn't fare, I'll admit.  Give him the proper service and if he's lost his scoring touch, he will be public enemy #1. 

he's got about 8 goals in all this season for us and england so he's doing ok. i agree about the poor service, of course.

he's got about 8 goals in all this season for us and england so he's doing ok. i agree about the poor service, of course.

If he's allowed to play his game, he scores, fact.  Being injured %75 of the time and not getting the service is what the problem is.  Fucking talented crock sums it up.

hope the little w****** stays injured if this will be how martins will keep his place

You do like a bit of populist tubthumping Kev.  :lol:

Has he?