Other games today

Yorkie

Remember arguing on here with someone...(Mowen :p )...about how Pompey were destined for great things because of the strength of their defence and the tremendous acquisition of Muntari, who was one of the first names I wanted at City...And there we have it. Villa huff and puff for half the game, never get close to blowing their house down and boom, 2-0, what a goal. Pompey definetly finishing top 6. Best of the rest tbh.

I think we should all wait and see how they do come January when all their  best players go to Africa.

None of their defenders are going tho. And niether is Kranjcar or Benjani. I think that will be important. Its only Muntari (big loss) and Utaka (meh) that are going from todays team...I doubt they'll be that bad. Finish above both of us i reckon.

How come Benjani's not going? Didn't qualify?

Kanu, Diop, Utaka, Muntari will all be missed. I think there's a couple of fringe players as well like Lauren & Traore.

Well. erm. Theyre definetly going to miss Muntari. :laugh:

I think they can replace Diop with Davis short term. I think having to play Nugent might be a problem but I dont think its going to make them crumble into the second coming of Derby County.

I said during our defeat that they were the best team I'd seen at St. James' for a long time, including all of the big four from last season. They played us off the park and put some fantastic counter-attacks together. Harry Redknapp has sussed how to play away from home.

I said during our defeat that they were the best team I'd seen at St. James' for a long time, including all of the big four from last season. They played us off the park and put some fantastic counter-attacks together. Harry Redknapp has sussed how to play away from home.

Bearing in mind Villa were one of the form teams, it makes this performance look even more impressive.

Its just looks so easy for them

James

Johnson

Campbell

Distin

Pamarot

All have PL experience, though, which cannot be underestimated, in James & Campbell's cases - more than amost anyone else in the league. Distin has been around the Premiership over 6 years, Johnson more than 6 years (although not with too many appearances) and Pamarot for over 4 years or something, again without having played too much.

This is what Allardyce wanted to do with our defence, he wanted players like Distin, but instead we ended up having to buy 4 defenders with absolutely zero experience of England, let alone thePremiership and Abou Faye, who has barely played.

That's the difference.