Newcastle United 1 - 1 Arsenal - 05/12/07 - Post match reaction from page 19

Dave

Reckon the papers will make very much of Arsenal missing Fabregas, Flamini and Hleb ?

Be interested to see the Sun back page tomorrow after what utter fucking shitcunts they were about us today, wont hold my breath though!

Great performance, we were the better team overall for 90 minutes, although it could have gone either way.  Smith was great and I was disappointed when he was dropped into midfield because it gave the impression Sam was wanting to slow the game down and go for the point when we'd looked perfectly comfortable attacking and going forward - although taking of Geremi was probably the right choice. After the match I bumped into an Arsenal mate of mine who was very complimentary about us.  Even after going 1-0 down the crowd got behind the lads because we were looking hungry and playing well, which should be noted by people who think we just boo and sit in silence unless we're 2-0 up in the first 20 minutes.  At full time everyone looked fucking knackered and I think that's the first time I've seen that all season - long may it continue!  Bring on the fucking brum, reckon we're going to stuff those little cunts, howay!

Guest michaelfoster

Just got home, good result today, wasnt expecting anything from the match. Adebayor's finish was good always caused us problems, very good player quick & strong. Arsenal such a bunch of cheating ****s at times though, 1 player rightly booked for diving, Adebayor going down every time there was a strong breeze, Sagna being a general dirty **** aswell, someone shoud tell him about the spider on his head too. We played really well, looked as though we started off playing 4-3-3 with Milner, Smith & Martins as the front 3. Arsenal fans probably dissapointed with a draw against us. We could of had a penalty for handball, it did look like it hit his arm but cant be 100% sure, would like to see it again.

Given - 7 Did ok, needs to improve kicking & come off line more often to collect balls, booked for dissent which was abit harsh saying Arsenal players did ther same.

N'Zogbia - 6.5 should be playing LW still, passing poor at times

Roz - 6 gave the ball away far too often, didnt look good with it either.

Taylor - 8 good finish for the goal, organised the defence well

Beye - 7 played quite well, harshly booked

Milner - 7.5 did well taking on full back

Butt - 7 played well in midfield, made some good tackles

Barton - 6 still not convinced but made some good tackles, booked.

Geremi - 6 poor passing, took to long & kept being disposesed, Subbed for Viduka

Smith - 7.5 Best game for us so far, played better as target man up front

Martins - 6.5 Runs around alot & pace causes problems but has a first touch like a elephant & cant finish very well

Viduka - 6 did well to hold ball up when came on.

Also played Local Hero as we left which was good but 90 mins too late imo

No voice left.  What a fantastic night.

Someone said it already but I thought Mike Dean was brilliant too.  The caution of Toure was superb.

EDIT: Sagna even.  Too excited.

Same goes for the bookings of Beye and Given imo. Thought he had an excellent night.

delighted. for sam, for the lads, but mostly for us, we got a very good performance tonight from our team. to be fair arsenal didnt really turn up, but if arsene wenger is gonna say that we stopped them from playing then i'm in no position to argue with him, i reckon he knows more about football than me. smith was class, i was always confident he'd do something with the ball tonight, beye looked solid, barton's getting better by the game, although did play a couple of stray passes but i'm sure this will go away once he gets back to full fitness.

excellent to see that sam has gotten the lads to turn around the performances after liverpool, he's shown he can get them motivated at the LEAST, seeing him do his nut on the touchline was brilliant, passion.

well done everyone, lets keep up the support, even if things AREN'T going our way, we owe it to ourselves to make it happen.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/681/78271377dy9.jpg

:dontknow:

"Where's my horse gone?"

Someone give this to the lads on RTG and see what they can do with it.

someone slip a couple of bongo's and a trampoline in there.

looks like hes got a rocket up his arse

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/6651/obalx7.jpg

Edit: That is a fucking piss-poor attempt! :lol:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/681/78271377dy9.jpg

:dontknow:

"Where's my horse gone?"

Someone give this to the lads on RTG and see what they can do with it.

someone slip a couple of bongo's and a trampoline in there.

looks like hes got a rocket up his arse

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/6651/obalx7.jpg

Edit: That is a f****** piss-poor attempt! :lol:

hehe still funny as hell

Guest jimmy1982

what a relief! lets hope the papers forget all about us (aye right) and lets crack on with the Ashley-Mort-Sam revolution!

Guest Ridzuan

Back on the serious note,I thought we thoroughly deserved the point.Before the game,I would be happy with the point but watching how we performed yesterday night,I a little bit frustrated because we could have been the first team to defeat them.When they scored their first goal so early on,I thought here we go again but fortunately,the team never slowed down and kept on pushing and it was Taylor of all people who got the goal.But I think he was lucky for not being send off for blocking  Adebayor but who cares the match is over.Some people might say we are lucky that Arsenal had a rather weaker team but if they see our performance,it was Arsenal who got lucky.If we can play like that in every match especially the ones that is coming up,Im sure things will look better for us.And by the way,I think Milner needs to work on his crosses.  :thup:

Brilliant.

If we had played to 75% of that level in most of our other games, we would be top 6 easily.

Given 7

Beye 8

Taylor 7

Rozehnal 5

N'Zogbia 6

Geremi 6.5

Butt 6.5

Barton 7

Milner 6.5

Martins 6

Smith 9

This

The problem with Roz is that he dosn't clear his lines well, he missques a lot of clearences which leads to the opposition mouting an attack.

Not going to knock him too much as he had a decent game tonight, however, for a Czech Republic first choice centre half, we should expect better!

i still wonder if much of our shakiness in the back four isn't simply a language problem.  how many different one's are represented back there alone?

Brilliant.

If we had played to 75% of that level in most of our other games, we would be top 6 easily.

Given 7

Beye 8

Taylor 7

Rozehnal 5

N'Zogbia 6

Geremi 6.5

Butt 6.5

Barton 7

Milner 6.5

Martins 6

Smith 9

This

The problem with Roz is that he dosn't clear his lines well, he missques a lot of clearences which leads to the opposition mouting an attack.

Not going to knock him too much as he had a decent game tonight, however, for a Czech Republic first choice centre half, we should expect better!

i still wonder if much of our shakiness in the back four isn't simply a language problem.  how many different one's are represented back there alone?

5 French, 1 English, 1 Spanish

So, the fans who refused to accept that we needed a new manager, etc, and that we needed to "give him time", suddenly think that after a draw (in which we were less shit than recently), we have the right man for us, we've turned a corner, etc?

Question: if we don't get 7 points out of the next 4 games (12 points available), will the some of you make more excuses for Fat Sam and his players, or will you accept that its not good enough? I'm guessing there'd still be some who stuck to the "bedding in/hard games/yadda yadda" rubbish.

So, the fans who refused to accept that we needed a new manager, etc, and that we needed to "give him time", suddenly think that after a draw (in which we were less s*** than recently), we have the right man for us, we've turned a corner, etc?

Question: if we don't get 7 points out of the next 4 games (12 points available), will the some of you make more excuses for Fat Sam and his players, or will you accept that its not good enough? I'm guessing there'd still be some who stuck to the "bedding in/hard games/yadda yadda" rubbish.

I suppose the test now is pushing forward with this result. This performance was by far our best this season. Big Sam hasn't exactly filled me with confidence this season but what options do we have. Even if we did sack him what managers do you think we could get. Our best bet at the moment is to keep hold of Sam and get a bit of continuity. We all know we started with a shit team after the last 2 managers and Sam had his work cut out. There are going be more low points to come this season. At the start of the season I think we all realised that it was going to be a hard season, we made a decent start results-wise which raised expectations.

Last night proved that we can get performances out of the players we have but there is no point doing well v Arsenal only to throw it away at Birmingham.

I feel we achieve nothing by sacking Sam Allardyce now. If we did then we'd have to start all over again in January. A new manager wanting to bring in his "own" players who will have to settle in again. Hopefully for the next few games we will have consistency of performance and of playing personnel. I think this line-up deserves another chance possibly though with Enrique coming in at LB and Zoggy moving to LW with Milner going RW.

So, the fans who refused to accept that we needed a new manager, etc, and that we needed to "give him time", suddenly think that after a draw (in which we were less shit than recently), we have the right man for us, we've turned a corner, etc?

I think we have turned a corner, yes. I'm not sure what lies ahead, but I think the players, the manager and the fans have all proved something to themselves ie that they do have the stomach for the fight. Whatever happens, I don't think we'll go back to the disunity and hesitancy that had taken a bit of a hold before.

Guest johnson293

So, the fans who refused to accept that we needed a new manager, etc, and that we needed to "give him time", suddenly think that after a draw (in which we were less s*** than recently), we have the right man for us, we've turned a corner, etc?

I dont think we've 'turned' the corner yet, but yes, we are turning it.

However, the last two performances, and last nights result will mean nowt if we don't continue those type of performnace int he next 4 games. We need to maintain the fight and approach we have showed in the last two games.

And yes, I am one who still thinks Sam deserves more time.

Birmingham wont be an easy game, with them having a new manager - same could be said of Wigan away - matches against Fulham and Derby we should be capable of getting points.

As long as we dont lose every match, I would still be of the opinion that Sam deserves more time. I would only look at the managers position if we become dragged into a relegation fight.

However, one of the main things that needs to continue to help the team is the home crowds support. It could be argued it was easy to keep singing last night when you go an early goal down to Arsenal, who we weren't expected to get much from anyway - but all that good work will be wasted if the home crowd turns if we aren't beating Birmingham or Derby!