Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Heneage

You don't think Ashley and his lot had approached them about it? Howay I know he's a clown but still, don't be daft.

Best to just agree to disagree here, you think the likes of Beye had no other choice etc, I think don't say you'll stay to then bog off  8 days before the season starts.

Can you just walk out on your job when you make a mistake?

Ridiculous analogy.

Why should it be any different? They are paid to play football for this club at a high standard, why should they be allowed to expect a transfer when it's those very players that got us relegated, none of them wanted to take pay cuts, blaming everyone but themselves, it's ridiculous that you sit here and defend them, those players got us relegated, no one else, the fact that any of them are clapped off like hero's when they go and join another club is absurd.

It's different because Habib Beye didn't make a mistake that got us relegated.

Would I walk away from my hypothetical company if the owner had made a string of catastrophic decisions that had brought it to its knees before walking away and leaving it with no management and no hope while the thriving company over the road offered me a job? Probably, yes.

"None of them wanted to take pay cuts" ffs. :lol: That's one thing I'm always doing at work like, asking them to give me less money so they can afford an extra box of pens in the stationary cupboard.

You are categorically saying Beye made not mistake or error?

The penalty at home to City? That could be deemed a mistake as he saw red for it, whether you think it was a penalty.

And as for your patronizing pens in the stationary cupboard remark, the difference is Beye and thoes around him should be taking the cuts due to their own poor performance and relegation, that is my point, if you don't perform you don't get the top money, why should it be different?

I bet if we were still in the top flight with no manager and owner half of these would at least stay till january, instead they can't get out quick enough, all of this "aww but I love the fans, I'm settled here" No, they love the over blown money they've been paid for turning in average performances, I'm not picking on Beye, Martins even Bassong towards the end went south, and made two or three mistakes, Tottenham and Wigan away, Fulham at home.

It's the fact we got shoved this faux loyalty by the likes of Martins and Beye, one loves the city the others learning Geordie, just for them to be first out the door when it hits the fan, Martins is one of the biggest culprits, he missed two golden chances at Spurs and Portsmouth, both would have seen us survive.

His big "mistake" that he should take a paycut for being an absolutely perfect tackle rather strengthens my point tbh.

I get paid my wage regardless of how I perform tbh. That's how a contract works. And (relatively speaking) Habib Beye has been 100% worth his salary at NUFC imo. This "paycuts" drivel is f***ing ludicrous. Has anyone asked them to take a paycut? Or do you expect them to be rushing round SJP desperately trying to find someone to lower their salary off their own bats?

You can think what you like about Martins, Beye and Bassong - I think if the rest of the squad was of their quality, we'd have survived quite comfortably. Better to have dross that "wants" to be here.

and when it comes tumbling down they are ok in trying to engineer moves on the sly to drag more money out of an ailing club ?

i hate watching italian football but recently some of their players have embarrassed the english league in honesty.

You don't think Ashley and his lot had approached them about it? Howay I know he's a clown but still, don't be daft.

Best to just agree to disagree here, you think the likes of Beye had no other choice etc, I think don't say you'll stay to then bog off  8 days before the season starts.

If billionaire Mike Ashley's asked the squad of a debt free (his words) club to take voluntary pay cuts then he's even more of a lunatic than he comes across. He hasn't though because he knows they'd laugh in his face.

Beye would happily have stayed if the club didn't practically have a "Closing Down" banner up in the window imo.

SAY GOODBYE TOYOUR LOYALTY BONUS YOU HORRIFIC RAT

FOR THE LAST TIME!!!

HE HAS HAD IT!!! THEY ALL HAVE!!!

IF YOU HAND IN A TRANSFER REQUEST YOU LOSE ANY SIGNING ON FEE YOU AGREE'D WHEN JOINING THE CLUB!!

Habib had no signing on fee............

Guest Alan Shearer 9

FOR THE LAST TIME!!!

IF YOU HAND IN A TRANSFER REQUEST YOU LOSE ANY SIGNING ON FEE YOU AGREE'D WHEN JOINING THE CLUB!!

Maybe it's time for him to..... SIGN OFFFF

Ryan Taylor will do the business in the Championship, have faith :D

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :knuppel2:  :harry: :buck2: :o :'( :puke: :wave:  :yikes:  :gm:

;) >:D

I can put it no more eloquently than the following to message to any player desperate to leave.

"Fuck off you cunt".

Aye what a cunt. High quality player doesn't want to play for a Championship club with no manager and no future. Fucking scum of the footballing world.

Fuck off, aye. Cunt? Nah. Seeya Habib. Loved the man personally. :thup:

:nods:

Can't blame any player that wishes to leave.

FOR THE LAST TIME!!!

there are that many clauses built in....for example i thought a player was entitled to 10% of the fee if he hadn't asked for a transfer ?

FOR THE LAST TIME!!!

Can you shout louder, I didn't get the point of your post.

How would you know the details of his contract anyway?, do you know his agent or something? :)

I think it's ridiculous that any of our good players are criticised for leaving. It;'s just emotional rubbish that gets in the way of common sense. I'll tell you this, is I were a semi decent professional footballer at Newcastle United right now, I'd be trying to get the flying f*** out of here.

I wonder if the employees of Setanta stay to support fans of thier company as well.

I think it's ridiculous that any of our good players are criticised for leaving. It;'s just emotional rubbish that gets in the way of common sense. I'll tell you this, is I were a semi decent professional footballer at Newcastle United right now, I'd be trying to get the flying f*** out of here.

nobody thinks they wouldn't want to move. it;s the way it comes about. "i'll try everything to get a move without doing anything to risk any pay off"

FOR THE LAST TIME!!!

Can you shout louder, I didn't get the point of your post.

How would you know the details of his contract anyway?, do you know his agent or something? :)

:lol:

I wonder if the employees of Setanta stay to support fans of thier company as well.

Are you comparing Newcastle United to a television channel? :idiot2:

I'm saying, in what other profession are employees expected to stay with a failing enterprise in order to support a bunch of "fans"? It's rubbish.

Are you comparing Newcastle United to a television channel?  :idiot2:

Given the "entertainment" we've given over the last couple of years, we'd probably be more successful than we are at football

Guest Heneage

Are you comparing Newcastle United to a television channel?  :idiot2:

I'm saying, in what other profession are employees expected to stay with a failing enterprise in order to support a bunch of "fans"? It's rubbish.

What if they created that "Failing enterprise"?

FOR THE LAST TIME!!!

FOR THE LAST TIME:!!!!!111111111111111

Signing on fee = Loyalty bonus

Atleast if you believe this article posted here a while back:

Or at least the first sting in the tail, as players have loyalty bonuses written into their contracts – often referred to as signing on fees. These are (usually) a year’s salary spread across the length of the contract, paid at the end of each season and these have to be paid to a player in full before they leave, unless they submit a written transfer request.

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=1549

So if he hadnt submitted a transfer request we would have to pay him next seasons bonus as well...because he had one year remaining in his deal.