Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Agree with most of what Toon's Taylor is saying. Especially about the wages. Only thing is I'm really not even sure if Ryan Taylor is even good enough at this level.

I've read all this stuff about how certain players will be fine at this level, players like Nolan, Smith, Butt and Ryan Taylor come to mind and I can't say I'm as confident. This division is full of players with that sort of limited ability, I would think that the main difference will be hunger and fitness. I can see the leading teams in the division having more of it than us unless some signings are made.

Birmingham went up with a team of Carr's, Taylor's & Carsley's. Think people are crazily over-rating the ability of this division tbh.

Individuals are irrelavent if you have a decent manager who can organise ordinary players into a team. You can have as many good individuals as you like and win nowt if they do not have someone to direct them and make them play for each other as a team.

Agree with most of what Toon's Taylor is saying. Especially about the wages. Only thing is I'm really not even sure if Ryan Taylor is even good enough at this level.

I've read all this stuff about how certain players will be fine at this level, players like Nolan, Smith, Butt and Ryan Taylor come to mind and I can't say I'm as confident. This division is full of players with that sort of limited ability, I would think that the main difference will be hunger and fitness. I can see the leading teams in the division having more of it than us unless some signings are made.

Birmingham went up with a team of Carr's, Taylor's & Carsley's. Think people are crazily over-rating the ability of this division tbh.

It's the Birmingham players you didn't mention that probably made the difference. It's ok having one or two plodders, a team of them is going to go nowhere.

Guest Stephen927

8.22  Hull City boss Phil Brown has confirmed making a bid for Habib Beye and is waiting to hold further talks with Newcastle United over a deal for the full-back.

Guest The Libertine

so he goes to hull, they get relegated, he puts in a transfzzzzzzz.....

you heard it here first.

Turned down by the sounds of it.

"We've gone as far as a bid for Habib Beye, but it was received negatively. However, we're awaiting discussions at the Newcastle end with regards to the possibility of him moving.

There is some mileage in it yet, but what we're dealing with at Newcastle is an unknown quantity. We don't know who is going to be the manager and what players that new man would want. We're in the dark a little bit at the minute."

Can't believe people having a go at Beye?!

Once we got relegated I didn't expect a single player to want to remain here other than the youngsters tbh and so I'm not sure why people are surprised. Oddly enough I genuinely think he would have stayed had things at the club been in order.

Anyway, my lasting memory of last season was the end of the final home game which I attended. Relegation was confirmed that day. The last minute save from Schwarzer from what had to be a goal from Butt and then they way the sky went grey and it started pelting down with rain at the final whistle ... it was as if the gods had spoken. Sure enough every single one of the players quickly scuttled off the pitch too ashamed to hang about even for a half hearted clap for the supporters. Sure enough one man did though, Habib Beye, and he went round and clapped every section and the fans responded.

He cared and he gave it his all while he was here and the fans know this. I wouldn't begrudge him a move back to a higher league at all, especially as he fully deserves to be in one. Thanks for the effort Habib.

But please not Hull.

any player (over 25) who wants to stay here with the current situation is a fool!

tbh, if i was beye or any other with potential to play in the PL i would leave as well! cant blame them for leaving imo!

the current situation is silly! things would have been different if the club had been sold in time to rebuild for the next season! Why should (old) players like beye spend their last years in the championship? he owe us nothing!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Anyone take Noe Parmarot on a free?

prefer Volz but Parmarot would do.

Any promising right backs in our reserves just out of interest? I know none are probably ready for the first team but anyways....

Not really ones I'd put in the first team.

Travenier needs few more games

Taylor is too young and came back from several injuries

Phil Airey is a striker turned RB

Guest toonlass

At least he has have the decency of putting a transfer request in. I am sad that he is going, but can you blame him, no manager, no input from the owner, no certainty. At least he didn't up and leave us while we still had a chance to get out of this mess in January. Thanks for everything Beye. Wish you were still our player.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If something happens this weekend regarding a transfer, you've got to believe that some news regarding the sale (or lack of) will be due.

Hull will go down next season, no doubt about that.  They were flying high for so long on pure adrenaline (weren't they still top 6 half way through?) yet when that ran out and they started playing at there normal level they were such a bad set of players they ended up one point from relegation.  Beye's walking away from one relegation into another and this time there will be a relegation wage drop in his contract..

If the fee is good then I've got no problem with it, if the fee isn't then tell them to fuck off, we don't have to sell right away transfer request or not.