Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Am gutted but he can say he wanted to stay wanted to be Captain blah blah blah, had 1 year left on his current contract, he could have at least given it until January before fkn off.

How many players do that? It's a hundred times harder to find a club in January than summer. January is a backup window, summer's the bread and butter.

The club's a fucking shambles man, because a player wants to leave that, he's a cunt. Give your heads a shake. :rolleyes:

He wanted a new contract, the club needs to be sold first, come January its all sorted he could have had what he wanted.

What will he do if the club is sold this week and Shearer given the managers job, will he retract the transfer request.

Guest Heneage

Then I think you are quite naive about the modern footballer. Remember this is the same Martins that missed Stoke for a new found groin strain, jesus even Shay got a "Knee injury".

It's easy to say you love a club and will stay loyal, but actions speak 10 fold compared to words.

Am gutted but he can say he wanted to stay wanted to be Captain blah blah blah, had 1 year left on his current contract, he could have at least given it until January before fkn off.

How many players do that? It's a hundred times harder to find a club in January than summer. January is a backup window, summer's the bread and butter.

The club's a f***ing shambles man, because a player wants to leave that, he's a c***. Give your heads a shake. :rolleyes:

He wanted a new contract, the club needs to be sold first, come January its all sorted he could have had what he wanted.

What will he do if the club is sold this week and Shearer given the managers job, will he retract the transfer request.

We'll be lucky if it's happened by January.

I think the club is hoping the players will put in transfer requests so they don't have to pay the bonuses. 

I can't imagine that Bassong will be due that much and he is going to get a massive pay rise wherever he goes so I don't know what is holding him back.

For players like Coloccini and Jonas, I can see why they would hold back as they will probably not get as high salaries elsewhere but I am sure some players would be better off financially if they moved even if they put in a transfer request.

Why do people here defend these sorry cunts who relegate us and then leave faster than an russian prostitute?

We have a sorry generation of footballers who has been a part of destroying this club from the inside and you manage to defend them??

Makes you as sorry as those miserable cunts ffs

Rubbish man, you're condescending yourself. You're slamming them for fucking off... so i mean, what? Do you want these players - who you visibly detest - still here?

I'm not defending the bastards for getting us relegated (though i'd hardly but Habib Beye anywhere near the top of the list of key culprits for that), but if they want to go i can't blame them one bit. Even if it is a bit immoral. Like i said just there - i reckon at the very end of the season a lot of them would have been up for it. Two months down the line, it's clear as day that there isn't a hope in fuck of getting promoted, why they fuck are they going to want to stay? Don't blame them for leaving this shithole at all.

Quite why our best player asking to leave is a good thing is beyond me.

Can't wait till we've a squad made up of the lads who want to be here and who are hungry for success at NUFC (i.e. nobody else will have them because they're on massive wedge and are absolutely f***ing s***).

It isn't a good thing.

People are saying that he obviously wants away so much it's probably better if he goes. We're undoubtedly weaker for him leaving but if he's not 100% committed to the club then it's probably better he leaves. If a player wants away then he should be honest enough to say so and he has done so hats off to him. I'd rather he stayed but there you go.

Not the end of the world all things considered.  

but the way he has givend about has left a bad taste.

given (verb): to try all you can to engineer a move without actually risking any pay out from the club by not putting in an official transfer request.

slag the management off all you want, most of these players are just as dishonest (and greedier)

Can't wait till we've a squad made up of the lads who want to be here and who are hungry for success at NUFC (i.e. nobody else will have them because they're on massive wedge and are absolutely fucking shit).

It isn't a good thing.

People are saying that he obviously wants away so much it's probably better if he goes. We're undoubtedly weaker for him leaving but if he's not 100% committed to the club then it's probably better he leaves. If a player wants away then he should be honest enough to say so and he has done so hats off to him. I'd rather he stayed but there you go.

None of them are 100% committed to the club though and never will be. It's just not a realistic expectation in football today and it's definitely not a realistic expectation at NUFC today.

They all want away, I don't need a transfer request to tell me that. The only difference is that Beye actually has a chance at getting away unlike the real wastes of oxygen at the club like Alan Smith and Damien Duff.

Guest Heneage

Why do people here defend these sorry c***s who relegate us and then leave faster than an russian prostitute?

We have a sorry generation of footballers who has been a part of destroying this club from the inside and you manage to defend them??

Makes you as sorry as those miserable c***s ffs

Rubbish man, you're condescending yourself. You're slamming them for f***ing off... so i mean, what? Do you want these players - who you visibly detest - still here?

I'm not defending the bastards for getting us relegated (though i'd hardly but Habib Beye anywhere near the top of the list of key culprits for that), but if they want to go i can't blame them one bit. Even if it is a bit immoral. Like i said just there - i reckon at the very end of the season a lot of them would have been up for it. Two months down the line, it's clear as day that there isn't a hope in f*** of getting promoted, why they f*** are they going to want to stay? Don't blame them for leaving this shithole at all.

Why would he want them here? To reap what they sow, you got us relegated now stay and get us back up. Can you just walk out on your job when you make a mistake?

The club's a fucking shambles man, because a player wants to leave that, he's a cunt. Give your heads a shake. :rolleyes:

Aye he'll probably come straight back on his flying pig. More chance of me winning the lottery man and I don't even put the fucker on.

Why do people here defend these sorry c***s who relegate us and then leave faster than an russian prostitute?

Makes you as sorry as those miserable c***s ffs

Rubbish man, you're condescending yourself. You're slamming them for f***ing off... so i mean, what? Do you want these players - who you visibly detest - still here?

I'm not defending the bastards for getting us relegated (though i'd hardly but Habib Beye anywhere near the top of the list of key culprits for that), but if they want to go i can't blame them one bit. Even if it is a bit immoral. Like i said just there - i reckon at the very end of the season a lot of them would have been up for it. Two months down the line, it's clear as day that there isn't a hope in f*** of getting promoted, why they f*** are they going to want to stay? Don't blame them for leaving this shithole at all.

Why would he want them here? To reap what they sow, you got us relegated now stay and get us back up. Can you just walk out on your job when you make a mistake?

yes, pretty sure most can but cant afford to.

Can't wait till we've a squad made up of the lads who want to be here and who are hungry for success at NUFC (i.e. nobody else will have them because they're on massive wedge and are absolutely f***ing s***).

It isn't a good thing.

given (verb): to try all you can to engineer a move without actually risking any pay out from the club by not putting in an official transfer request.

slag the management off all you want, most of these players are just as dishonest (and greedier)

Of course it has, and I'm not naive enough to believe he's not been in touch with loads of clubs in the last few months, but the act of asking for a transfer is the difference between a decent pro and a cunt. At least he's had the bollocks to ask or a transfer rather than feign injury/take the piss/go on strike/go awol etc and engineer a move in public. 

He's a good player but if he honestly thinks he' better off at a club like Stoke or Hull then that's his decision.

Guest Heneage

Can you just walk out on your job when you make a mistake?

Ridiculous analogy.

Why should it be any different? They are paid to play football for this club at a high standard, why should they be allowed to expect a transfer when it's those very players that got us relegated, none of them wanted to take pay cuts, blaming everyone but themselves, it's ridiculous that you sit here and defend them, those players got us relegated, no one else, the fact that any of them are clapped off like hero's when they go and join another club is absurd.

Wonder if the Oxford English are taking candidates for the next volume.  The whole of football is rotten, from the Bosman (the likes of Owen getting a team releagated and then wandering off scott free), the 'loyal' ('But I love it here and the fans love me' Martins, so it's not my fault) to the confused ('I'm staying, I'm going and it's someone else's fault' Beye) and the nobody ("I'm off to Arsenal, no Tottenham, no Wigan' Bassong / N'Zogbia (delete where applicable)).

Glad he's at least had the guts to hand a transfer request in, means he'll forgo his loyalty bonus (which has to be over 1m), that's more then I expected from any of this lot of money grabbers.

Ridiculous analogy.

Why should it be any different? They are paid to play football for this club at a high standard, why should they be allowed to expect a transfer when it's those very players that got us relegated, none of them wanted to take pay cuts, blaming everyone but themselves, it's ridiculous that you sit here and defend them, those players got us relegated, no one else, the fact that any of them are clapped off like hero's when they go and join another club is absurd.

It's different because Habib Beye didn't make a mistake that got us relegated.

Would I walk away from my hypothetical company if the owner had made a string of catastrophic decisions that had brought it to its knees before walking away and leaving it with no management and no hope while the thriving company over the road offered me a job? Probably, yes.

"None of them wanted to take pay cuts" ffs. :lol: That's one thing I'm always doing at work like, asking them to give me less money so they can afford an extra box of pens in the stationary cupboard.

Can't wait till we've a squad made up of the lads who want to be here and who are hungry for success at NUFC (i.e. nobody else will have them because they're on massive wedge and are absolutely fucking shit).

It isn't a good thing.

None of them are 100% committed to the club though and never will be. It's just not a realistic expectation in football today and it's definitely not a realistic expectation at NUFC today.

They all want away, I don't need a transfer request to tell me that. The only difference is that Beye actually has a chance at getting away unlike the real wastes of oxygen at the club like Alan Smith and Damien Duff.

If players don't want to be here then it's best they find themselves other clubs. Beye has obviously been beavering away and if he's found a club then fair play. If the other shit you mentioned wants away then they need to leave too.

I'll support the club. Don't really care who pulls on the shirt, I'll back them. :thup:

It isn't a good thing.

If players don't want to be here then it's best they find themselves other clubs. Beye has obviously been beavering away and and if then other shit you mentioned wants away then they need to leave too.

I'll support the club. Don't really care who pulls on the shirt, I'll back them.  :thup:

But if we only have players who want to be here, the club will not survive because it will be made up of NOFC.

Given the 50-50 choice, I'd have good players ahead of loyal every day - especially faux loyal like Smith and Duff.

Guest Heneage

Ridiculous analogy.

Would I walk away from my hypothetical company if the owner had made a string of catastrophic decisions that had brought it to its knees before walking away and leaving it with no management and no hope while the thriving company over the road offered me a job? Probably, yes.

"None of them wanted to take pay cuts" ffs. :lol: That's one thing I'm always doing at work like, asking them to give me less money so they can afford an extra box of pens in the stationary cupboard.

You are categorically saying Beye made not mistake or error?

The penalty at home to City? That could be deemed a mistake as he saw red for it, whether you think it was a penalty.

And as for your patronizing pens in the stationary cupboard remark, the difference is Beye and thoes around him should be taking the cuts due to their own poor performance and relegation, that is my point, if you don't perform you don't get the top money, why should it be different?

I bet if we were still in the top flight with no manager and owner half of these would at least stay till january, instead they can't get out quick enough, all of this "aww but I love the fans, I'm settled here" No, they love the over blown money they've been paid for turning in average performances, I'm not picking on Beye, Martins even Bassong towards the end went south, and made two or three mistakes, Tottenham and Wigan away, Fulham at home.

It's the fact we got shoved this faux loyalty by the likes of Martins and Beye, one loves the city the others learning Geordie, just for them to be first out the door when it hits the fan, Martins is one of the biggest culprits, he missed two golden chances at Spurs and Portsmouth, both would have seen us survive.

It isn't a good thing.

If players don't want to be here then it's best they find themselves other clubs. Beye has obviously been beavering away and and if then other shit you mentioned wants away then they need to leave too.

I'll support the club. Don't really care who pulls on the shirt, I'll back them.  :thup:

But if we only have players who want to be here, the club will not survive because it will be made up of NOFC.

Given the 50-50 choice, I'd have good players ahead of loyal every day - especially faux loyal like Smith and Duff.

Well yeah obviously. But surely Midds is on about players who 100% do not want to be at the club, thus moping around and effecting their performances in a bad way? Re: nearly everyone towards the end of last season. Then it's time for them to move on.

It isn't a good thing.

But we don't have the choice.  ???

We can't pick who stays and who goes. And if Beye wants away then we need to support his replacement rather than complain about him going.

The club will always come first - ahead of any player.

Just not too bothered about Beye anymore, he wants out, he can go.  More money brought in to stabalise things until the sale and another 2.5m a year off the wage bill.  Ryan Taylor will do the business in the Championship, have faith :D

Ridiculous analogy.

You are categorically saying Beye made not mistake or error?

The penalty at home to City? That could be deemed a mistake as he saw red for it, whether you think it was a penalty.

And as for your patronizing pens in the stationary cupboard remark, the difference is Beye and thoes around him should be taking the cuts due to their own poor performance and relegation, that is my point, if you don't perform you don't get the top money, why should it be different?

I bet if we were still in the top flight with no manager and owner half of these would at least stay till january, instead they can't get out quick enough, all of this "aww but I love the fans, I'm settled here" No, they love the over blown money they've been paid for turning in average performances, I'm not picking on Beye, Martins even Bassong towards the end went south, and made two or three mistakes, Tottenham and Wigan away, Fulham at home.

It's the fact we got shoved this faux loyalty by the likes of Martins and Beye, one loves the city the others learning Geordie, just for them to be first out the door when it hits the fan, Martins is one of the biggest culprits, he missed two golden chances at Spurs and Portsmouth, both would have seen us survive.

His big "mistake" that he should take a paycut for being an absolutely perfect tackle rather strengthens my point tbh.

I get paid my wage regardless of how I perform tbh. That's how a contract works. And (relatively speaking) Habib Beye has been 100% worth his salary at NUFC imo. This "paycuts" drivel is fucking ludicrous. Has anyone asked them to take a paycut? Or do you expect them to be rushing round SJP desperately trying to find someone to lower their salary off their own bats?

You can think what you like about Martins, Beye and Bassong - I think if the rest of the squad was of their quality, we'd have survived quite comfortably. Better to have dross that "wants" to be here.