Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

I hope he goes to Hull, just to give some of you people a reality check about just how attractive a prospect NUFC in the Championship is.

What?  :lol:

I hope he goes to Hull, just to give some of you people a reality check about just how attractive a prospect NUFC in the Championship is.

erm.. Yes, yes they have.

Newcastle in Championship > Hull in Premiership

Hebib Beye must know that!

Agreed.

If he wants to further his career, why join a team who will be odds on to get relegated.

Beye joins Hull, they go down and we go up.  That would just be brilliant.

Hardly worth mentioning for two people man

I really hope what Messi said happens though.  Beye goes to Hull and signs a two year contract at 40,000 with a 50% relegation wage drop.  They go down and we go up and he's left on 20 grand playing in the Championship, I'd laugh my arse off!

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_method=full&objectID=21565036&siteID=93463-name_page.html

VILLA LEAD CHASE TO SIGN BEYE

EXCLUSIVE

Alan Oliver

Aston Villa and Blackburn Rovers have entered the race to sign Newcastle defender Habib Beye.

And People Sport can reveal that the 31-year-old Senegalese international favours a move to join Martin O'Neill's outfit.

This will come as a major blow to Hull boss Phil Brown who was confident of pulling off a £2million deal for the right-back.

And it means Brown will have lost out on three Newcastle targets - Beye, Michael Owen and Obafemi Martins.

Beye has become disillusioned at St James' Park as the club sinks deeper into the mire but he was prepared to stay providing he was given a three-year contract. But Newcastle's top brass refused and on Wednesday, Beye slapped in a transfer request.

He is hoping Newcastle will allow him to follow Obafemi Martins out of the door with the Nigerian striker joining Wolfsburg in a £9m deal.

This deal came just two weeks after the club's hierarchy supposedly put a block on all transfers while talks were going on for the sale of the club.

Beye's fellow full-back Jose Enrique also wants to jump ship while the £65,000-a-week Geremi is eyeing a move to Besiktas. Reserve keeper Tim Krul is a target of Arsenal while third-choice Fraser Forster has gone on loan to Bristol Rovers.

Meanwhile, Beye and Toon midfielder Alan Smith almost came to blows after last week's humiliating 6-1 friendly thrashing at Leyton Orient. Smith has worn the captain's armband this season and took upon himself to chastise Beye after the match.

They squared up to each other in the dressing room and had to be pulled apart by stunned colleagues, after Beye took exception to Smith's criticism.

The straight-talking Yorkshireman said: "Some people have made it public they want to go, while others have got their head down.

"We won't have a go at anybody if they want to go, but they must cross that white line and give 100 per cent when they wear a Newcastle shirt."

After the Orient defeat the players called a crisis meeting on Tuesday in an attempt to clear the air.

Guest Thomo

Newcastle are holding out for £4 million, Hull City and Portsmouth have offered £2 million. That is the only reason he is still there because of the difference in fees.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_method=full&objectID=21565036&siteID=93463-name_page.html

VILLA LEAD CHASE TO SIGN BEYE

EXCLUSIVE

Alan Oliver

Aston Villa and Blackburn Rovers have entered the race to sign Newcastle defender Habib Beye.

And People Sport can reveal that the 31-year-old Senegalese international favours a move to join Martin O'Neill's outfit.

This will come as a major blow to Hull boss Phil Brown who was confident of pulling off a £2million deal for the right-back.

And it means Brown will have lost out on three Newcastle targets - Beye, Michael Owen and Obafemi Martins.

Beye has become disillusioned at St James' Park as the club sinks deeper into the mire but he was prepared to stay providing he was given a three-year contract. But Newcastle's top brass refused and on Wednesday, Beye slapped in a transfer request.

He is hoping Newcastle will allow him to follow Obafemi Martins out of the door with the Nigerian striker joining Wolfsburg in a £9m deal.

This deal came just two weeks after the club's hierarchy supposedly put a block on all transfers while talks were going on for the sale of the club.

Beye's fellow full-back Jose Enrique also wants to jump ship while the £65,000-a-week Geremi is eyeing a move to Besiktas. Reserve keeper Tim Krul is a target of Arsenal while third-choice Fraser Forster has gone on loan to Bristol Rovers.

Meanwhile, Beye and Toon midfielder Alan Smith almost came to blows after last week's humiliating 6-1 friendly thrashing at Leyton Orient. Smith has worn the captain's armband this season and took upon himself to chastise Beye after the match.

They squared up to each other in the dressing room and had to be pulled apart by stunned colleagues, after Beye took exception to Smith's criticism.

The straight-talking Yorkshireman said: "Some people have made it public they want to go, while others have got their head down.

"We won't have a go at anybody if they want to go, but they must cross that white line and give 100 per cent when they wear a Newcastle shirt."

After the Orient defeat the players called a crisis meeting on Tuesday in an attempt to clear the air.

Beye's attitude has been poor for a few weeks, but the thought that Alan Smith has criticised anyone for anything is taking the piss. 

Who the f*** gives 100% in a friendly?

Everyone knows friendlies are only important to build up fitness.

Isn't the point that Habib put in a half arsed effort against Leeds? Something most fans claimed at the time.

I'm glad someone is having a go at anyone who isn't putting there all in. Someone has to do at the moment.

A bit like Smith then, who pretty much didn't leave the centre circle all night.  And is also shite.

Smith needs to improve his own game & effort, because him being called a "100 percent effort" player is one of the biggest myths in football.

Isn't the point that Habib put in a half arsed effort against Leeds? Something most fans claimed at the time.

I'm glad someone is having a go at anyone who isn't putting there all in. Someone has to do at the moment.

:thup:

A bit like Smith then, who pretty much didn't leave the centre circle all night. And is also shite.

Smith needs to improve his own game & effort, because him being called a "100 percent effort" player is one of the biggest myths in football.

Smith is crap, and I agree his own 'effort' is a myth based on his ill-advised lunging tackles.

In this case however, if he is/was designated as captain I think he's duty-bound to put his feelings across.

A bit like Smith then, who pretty much didn't leave the centre circle all night.  And is also shite.

Smith is crap, and I agree his own 'effort' is a myth based on his ill-advised lunging tackles.

In this case however, if he is/was designated as captain I think he's duty-bound to put his feelings across.

Conclusion: Smith shouldn't be captain.

Guest Heneage

Alan Smith criticizing Habib Beye?!? Is the world upside down? :laugh:

I think he's criticizing his attitude which is fair play, he should be setting a better example to the younger players around him. There are ways to go about things, if you want to leave submit a written transfer request and continue with your head down and do your best.

Alan Smith criticizing Habib Beye?!? Is the world upside down? :laugh:

I think he's criticizing his attitude which is fair play, he should be setting a better example to the younger players around him. There are ways to go about things, if you want to leave submit a written transfer request and continue with your head down and do your best.

Alan Smith is in no position to question anyone's attitude or performance on the pitch.