Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If we drew Hull in the Cup, would you consider it to have a more heated atmosphere (enjoy getting one over them) like a low level rivalry match? Or is the general feeling we just hate Phil Brown? Or both?

Guest Phil K

Brown is a makem pr*ck who is maybe .01% as good a manager as he THINKS he is.

But that goes for 99% of players and 85% of managers too.

On Beye with Hull, he'll go the way of Bernard and Robert when they go to other clubs, thinking they're moving "up"....and regret it bitterly in less than a year.

I know you're reading Gary.. You could've done a better job for your client, my friend..

Aye, he should have delayed any transfer request you do that in the last week of the window, I believe he wnated to stay so therefore should have waiyed as long as poss before doing the shit thing that is the transfer request, what will he do if he goes then the club is sold and Al takes over. He will have lost what it was he wanted.

I mean Hull fkn hell :lol: surely he is not that desperate

Considering the wages that Hull are reported to be paying to Jimmy Bullard (apparently he's on £45k per week), I guess that Beye sees them as his last big pay day.  31 (nearly 32) years old, if he gets a 4 year contract on £40k+ per week then he can look forward to a relaxed retirement.

Villa are the far better option as a football club but I doubt they'll be offering the wages that Hull will be.

Beye apparently due at our training ground today, they're hoping to seal it by end of play today.

Well he is in Hull having talks right now so I hear.

Press tittle tattle disclaimers, obv, but the Express and Star get it right on matters down here a lot more than the other local papers.

Villa look set to beat Hull to the capture of Habib Beye with the Newcastle defender due at Bodymoor for talks later today.

The Tigers last night confirmed their offer for the Senegal right-back, believed to be in the region of £2.5m plus add-ons, had been accepted and that talks were imminent.

But that bid has been at the very least matched by Villa and the Express & Star understands talks will be held with the 31-year-old today, with Villa hopeful of sealing a deal by the end of the day.

It is believed Beye would favour a move to the Midlands, with Villa offering the lure of Europa League football next season.

The player could also expect to walk straight into the starting line-up for next weekend’s season opener against Wigan, with Luke Young currently sidelined with a thigh problem.

http://www.expressandstar.com/2009/08/07/villa-to-beat-off-hull-for-beye/

Guest Heneage

Howcome we haven't hear about Villa agreeing a fee?

Because MON is counting out the £2.5m in tenners as we speak.

:lol: with a green visor on.

"2.2.....2.3...2.4...2.45..1'2'5'10' 2.5"